MMA-UFC UFC Fight Night / UFC on Fox Events

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I completely understand that the crowd likes to watch heavyweights who stand and bang like Mark Hunt, Roy Nelson etc. I do too.

But people definitely do not like to watch heavyweights like Sosoli. Look on Twitter. It was full of fans talking about how bad he was.

He looked very slow. Kept throwing the same combination and didn't change things up. No kicks, no grappling in his arsenal.

No point blooding Aussie "brawlers" if they haven't got the technique or athletic ability to execute it in the UFC.

It was a horrible mismatch and he managed to go the distance. Hardy has stopped everyone else in the first round.

I'm baffled guys like Sosoli decide to do this with their lives. It's like a really bad singer going on xfactor. Has no one close to him said "this isn't for you"...

Can't blame a guy for taking a chance when it's offered to him but he's got such a low ceiling it's time to look for something else to do

Sosoli isn't alone in this. There's heaps like it in the mma/boxing worlds, just doesn't make sense to me

He wasn't that bad, almost all of Hardy's opponents so far have been worse. :think:

He's just not good. But it's not like he was afraid of being hit. He tried, and his best was mediocre. Hardy is a BIG, athletic guy though. and he was just shorter, slower and couldn't get inside.

All these aussie heavyweights are the same to me AFAIK. :rolleyes:
They all look, move & fight the same way and none of them particularly interest me. Tai was ok until he went down the path of trying to be a tactician. It doesn't suit him.

All these aussie heavyweights are the same to me AFAIK. :rolleyes:
They all look, move & fight the same way and none of them particularly interest me. Tai was ok until he went down the path of trying to be a tactician. It doesn't suit him.

This is the definition of every Australian heavyweight, as far as the UFC cares:
  • Polynesian
  • Overweight
  • Unskilled
  • Hard head
  • Heavy hands
That's not trying to make any sort of racial statement, it's just reality. Whittaker is the type of fighter we should promote, not Tai Tuivasa.

It's not like there is a massive pool of talent at Heavyweight in MMA let alone the UFC.

I don't think it should be a surprise anyone the way the fight went, especially considering his showing in TUF.

This is the definition of every Australian heavyweight, as far as the UFC cares:
  • Polynesian
  • Overweight
  • Unskilled
  • Hard head
  • Heavy hands
That's not trying to make any sort of racial statement, it's just reality. Whittaker is the type of fighter we should promote, not Tai Tuivasa.
Tai Tuivasa is fine. It's easy to say we should be promoting Whittaker but he doesn't talk. Tuivasa was a top 15 ranked heavy heavyweight, he's had a blip but he's young. Plus the UFC is still an entertainment business. Blokes like Cowboy/Masvidal/Diaz have plenty of losses but fans love them because of their style. Whittaker could very easily lose to Till or Gastelum

Tai Tuivasa is fine. It's easy to say we should be promoting Whittaker but he doesn't talk. Tuivasa was a top 15 ranked heavy heavyweight, he's had a blip but he's young. Plus the UFC is still an entertainment business. Blokes like Cowboy/Masvidal/Diaz have plenty of losses but fans love them because of their style. Whittaker could very easily lose to Till or Gastelum
Tai would want to win his next one or I reckon his UFC tenure is over.

Tai doesnt have enough tricks in his bag, anyone who's not looking to just bang has found him out

Also Ben+Hardy fight Hardy still looks big and powerful but hasnt been tested, Inhaler thing was dumb. Not sold looks like they are just blooding opponents to him to try to build a new Heavyweight

Also Weidman, Keep that guard up mate. Him and Rockholm are gone. Props to Reyes however he's a good size and that counter punch was art

Only just watched the ME. Damn Reyes is really legit, that left is lethal
He will make for a good fight vs Jones, he definitely has a chance if Jon decides to implement his usual game plan of standing with blokes. It always surprises me because he can take down anyone and dominate the fight on the ground. Something about Reyes is super intimidating as well. Having said that I still back Jones to win, great fight to make

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, that's a massive jump of opponent for Hardy. He's showed a lot of improvement from his debut to the Sosoli fight, but I don't think he's ready for a seasoned vet like Volkov just yet. Can't hate on him for asking for it though, it shows he's got confidence in his abilities and that he wants to make a real go of MMA.

I doubt DW will give that one the green light sadly.

It'd be good to see him calling for his inhaler while he's getting gassed and put on his heels all fight.

It's booked. It has been moved from the main event with the Magomedsharipov and Kattar fight taking it's place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back