Live Event The official Bigfooty NBA Week 1 thread (we love China and free speech)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back for another season hoops enthusiasts

Season 19-20 has many questions to answer;

Is AD the missing piece to return the Lakers to glory?

Well Terry Rozier get an All Star berth?

Where is Robert Sarver’s goat?

When will the first Celtic melt occur?

Who will be the first to post a BigBetty wager in the wrong thread?

May your team go well and your one legged 3 balls be accurate.

Celtics will be making up the numbers again this year. Going to get massacred every night on the boards and our defence will leak like a sieve, especially if Enes ******* Kanter is our starting center. Bulking up Jaylen Brown and turning him into a stretch 4 is not the solution, deadset we are ruining this kid
/Celticsmelt

I'm looking forward to seeing the start of "power duos" era but honestly feeling pretty flat after the Zion injury. Feel almost as bad for Pels fans as I do Nets fans

Yep don’t rate that Celtics roster at all

Although I rate Kemba and think in Stevens system he has potential to have a season similar to what IT did before his career went in the bin

As much as I can’t stand Lebron the way they have filled out that roster has impressed me

There a lock for top 4 unless AD breaks a fingernail which is a huge possibility

Yep don’t rate that Celtics roster at all

Although I rate Kemba and think in Stevens system he has potential to have a season similar to what IT did before his career went in the bin

I love Kemba but like with IT he's going to be a bit of a turnstile on defense which will lead to lots of minutes for Marcus. More Marcus is not good for my heart.

Speaking of IT, good chance he plays in week 1. Can't wait to see the little guy back again :rainbow:

I love Kemba but like with IT he's going to be a bit of a turnstile on defense which will lead to lots of minutes for Marcus. More Marcus is not good for my heart.

Speaking of IT, good chance he plays in week 1. Can't wait to see the little guy back again :rainbow:
Yep will be a turnstile but will put up huge numbers I reckon

Finally after a far too long an off season, we're almost there.

Thanks to resident wordsmith Son of Skeletor of his off season team previews. It's helped us through the long cold winter nights. Not even a dominant display in the AFL grand final could come close to warming thy cockle of thy heart compared to opening night of the NBA.

Cast your minds back when Adam Silver strode across the podium and announced, the number 1 game of the NBA season will be, the defending champion Toronto Raptors hosting the New Orleans Pelicans. His slenderman figure bursting with pride thinking about a kawhi-siakam vs zion-davis slam down. It was gonna be epic.

hqdefault.jpg

Lol just kidding

Nope, instead we got Zion "medium sized" nasty Williamson and arguably the best pack of chicks in a single trade that are lonzo ball, sleepy eyed brandon ingram and the inoffensive josh hart. Wait, Zion injured?

Rage.jpg

Shades of the 2017 AFL fixture release featuring 4 friday night games for Carlton.

It would be remiss of us to forget one kawhi leonard uped and took his talents to Disneyland

Yes, the opening games of the season involve arguably the 4 teams most affected by off season acquisitions. The beforementioned Cow Why was arguably the biggest two way player signing with the Clippers the beneficiaries. He had everyone fooled, Lebron-Kawhi was going to be the next Jordan-Pippen? So Kawhi, were you ever srs about the Lakers?

giphy.gif

He joins LA native George Paul, who like KL shunned the purple and gold. The Clippers are the real deal now and should not be taken lightly. Expect them to go far this year.

But they play the Citys favourite sporting team first up. The Lakers themselves re-tooled, trading away the future and Lavar Ball, and are playing for the now with the acquisition of Danny Green. LeBron finally has a top shelf long distance sniper beside him, not seen since Damon Jones.

So, with less than 48 hours to go, get some fluids into you and get ready for another year of good natured sledging and low brow shenanigans.

Finally after a far too long an off season, we're almost there.

Thanks to resident wordsmith Son of Skeletor of his off season team previews. It's helped us through the long cold winter nights. Not even a dominant display in the AFL grand final could come close to warming thy cockle of thy heart compared to opening night of the NBA.

Cast your minds back when Adam Silver strode across the podium and announced, the number 1 game of the NBA season will be, the defending champion Toronto Raptors hosting the New Orleans Pelicans. His slenderman figure bursting with pride thinking about a kawhi-siakam vs zion-davis slam down. It was gonna be epic.

hqdefault.jpg

Lol just kidding

Nope, instead we got Zion "medium sized" nasty Williamson and arguably the best pack of chicks in a single trade that are lonzo ball, sleepy eyed brandon ingram and the inoffensive josh hart. Wait, Zion injured?

Rage.jpg

Shades of the 2017 AFL fixture release featuring 4 friday night games for Carlton.

It would be remiss of us to forget one kawhi leonard uped and took his talents to Disneyland

Yes, the opening games of the season involve arguably the 4 teams most affected by off season acquisitions. The beforementioned Cow Why was arguably the biggest two way player signing with the Clippers the beneficiaries. He had everyone fooled, Lebron-Kawhi was going to be the next Jordan-Pippen? So Kawhi, were you ever srs about the Lakers?

giphy.gif

He joins LA native George Paul, who like KL shunned the purple and gold. The Clippers are the real deal now and should not be taken lightly. Expect them to go far this year.

But they play the Citys favourite sporting team first up. The Lakers themselves re-tooled, trading away the future and Lavar Ball, and are playing for the now with the acquisition of Danny Green. LeBron finally has a top shelf long distance sniper beside him, not seen since Damon Jones.

So, with less than 48 hours to go, get some fluids into you and get ready for another year of good natured sledging and low brow shenanigans.

And to think you went with George Paul instead of George Pell...

Hield signs a 4 year, 94 million deal. Come end of this season he could be one of the top shooting guards in the league if he improves his game even further.

Really looking forward to seeing how the trio of Fox, Hield and Bagley work in tandem this season when they all start on the court.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hield signs a 4 year, 94 million deal. Come end of this season he could be one of the top shooting guards in the league if he improves his game even further.

Really looking forward to seeing how the trio of Fox, Hield and Bagley work in tandem this season when they all start on the court.
That’s a bargain IMO

Like you said he will break out this year.

Will average 24 PPG I reckon

I'm just looking fwd to seeing RJ Barrett dominate and win rookie of the year by the Flemington straight.
Our bench is actually decent so it's going to be an interesting season.
We will end up beating some good teams in massive upsets and then we are gonna get pummeled in others.
One of the 1st seasons in ages im actually looking fwd to watching us, we wont make the playoffs but we will be a fun team to watch with RJ, Mitch, DSJ, Randle and Morris starting.

I'm just looking fwd to seeing RJ Barrett dominate and win rookie of the year by the Flemington straight.
Our bench is actually decent so it's going to be an interesting season.
We will end up beating some good teams in massive upsets and then we are gonna get pummeled in others.
One of the 1st seasons in ages im actually looking fwd to watching us, we wont make the playoffs but we will be a fun team to watch with RJ, Mitch, DSJ, Randle and Morris starting.
Love the enthusiasm son

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back