List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Keays hasn't done enough at AFL level for me.

He's not very fast and hasn't been able to find anywhere near the footy he did at 18's level.

I'd be happy with Luke Partington with one of our picks though. Still only 22, just won the SANFL best and fairest.

Averaged near 30 touches, 5 clearances and a goal a game.

You know what I’m getting really sick of from other fans? Comparing what we did in the trade period to previous teams like Port and North and using that as an argument on why ours won’t be that effective next season...

Like all of a sudden saints land a few players and Brad Hill isn’t as good anymore, Zak Jones is average, Howard is average, Ryder sucks, Butler sucks hahaha

What have we done to deserve so much hate?! Swear people can’t stand us being the talk of the last week or maybe I’m just being sensitive, I don’t think I am though.

You know what I’m getting really sick of from other fans? Comparing what we did in the trade period to previous teams like Port and North and using that as an argument on why ours won’t be that effective next season...

Like all of a sudden saints land a few players and Brad Hill isn’t as good anymore, Zak Jones is average, Howard is average, Ryder sucks, Butler sucks hahaha

What have we done to deserve so much hate?! Swear people can’t stand us being the talk of the last week or maybe I’m just being sensitive, I don’t think I am though.

All teams say that about all other teams, and to be honest no-one was raving about how wonderful those players were before trade week.
Hill was NOT AA. Jones does NOT kick well.

All teams say that about all other teams, and to be honest no-one was raving about how wonderful those players were before trade week.
This is true but both the clubs they came from would’ve preferred having them next season than not... doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see they are good pick ups and fill needs for us.

Healy on 3AW tonight. There is nothing wrong with Jones’ kicking in his opinion even though it does get mentioned; it’s his decision making which has been a bit iffy - however, his last four/ five weeks of the season it was vastly improved. Feels he was a very good pick up for us.

Healy on 3AW tonight. There is nothing wrong with Jones’ kicking in his opinion even though it does get mentioned; it’s his decision making which has been a bit iffy - however, his last four/ five weeks of the season it was vastly improved. Feels he was a very good pick up for us.

As I mentioned....

78E9CC87-DE16-48F8-BDFB-096FD55BA177.jpeg
Gerard Healy says he was surprised to see Sydney let Zak Jones join St Kilda so easily.

The Sportsday host said he expected the pacey midfielder to prove one of the best pick-ups of the trade period.

“Sydney has got a slow midfield, they’ve got a midfield that needs development and they let Zak Jones out of the club for pick 32,” Healy said.

“I don’t think they valued Zak Jones.

“I think the Saints have done particularly well in getting him.”

He seems like one of those guys that just starts moving so fast that he loses his composure, yet when he is settled he looks like a nice kick.

Association. People are similar to lab rats in that their neural pathways will associate the same lines of thought of a consensual narrative through repetition and history. St.Kilda are hopeless, therefore St.Kilda is worth less than other teams, similarly their supporters and players are also worth less. If we start winning in any way, be it trade or games, the anger will be more because it acts against the narrative and against history. We, however, will be laughing all the way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Association. People are similar to lab rats in that their neural pathways will associate the same lines of thought of a consensual narrative through repetition and history. St.Kilda are hopeless, therefore St.Kilda is worth less than other teams, similarly their supporters and players are also worth less. If we start winning in any way, be it trade or games, the anger will be more because it acts against the narrative and against history. We, however, will be laughing all the way.
Agree mate 100% it’s funny you say it like that too because the majority of supporters having a crack are the ones supporting better teams, have to wonder if they are pissed off we seemed to have so much interest over the trade period compared to some of their clubs.

We will find out how good our draft selections are next season , but Richardson would a little bit jealous of Ratten in the strength of the squad.
People might not be raving about the players we snared but once we are playing finals the hype will be unbearable.

Carlisle for me is going to have a massive say where we end up next year , if he plays and gets back to his best it will release other players to fill other holes.

The news Roberton could well be playing next year is going to be huge as well , it is like adding a Rance and Grimes into the team.

Now with Howard we have a tall mobile fullback who can actually kick , mark and spoil and is only going to add to the strength down back.

Across the centre of the ground having Billings , Hill and Hannebery we now have 3 ball winners who can deliver the ball.

The forward line could well be what turns our team into the most dangerous in the competition.

Just look at what we have , we now have players who can deliver the ball to targets and have at least 3 mobile marking targets in our forward line is going to hurt most teams - having Battle - who is a natural forward and improving all the time could well be this years revelation like Marshall was last year.

Membery is just dangerous anytime and now having King prowling around the forward line , teams will need to be on there toes.
With the addition of Butler into the forward line we now have a guy who can kick goal's and with Gresham it should be good.

Anyway our season will hinge on injuries again and improvement in the young talent we have and if we half an ounce of luck we will not only make the 8 but the 4.

That my friend is the hilarious merry go round that is Big Footy

If he gets as good as his brother was i'll be happy.

Agree mate 100% it’s funny you say it like that too because the majority of supporters having a crack are the ones supporting better teams, have to wonder if they are pissed off we seemed to have so much interest over the trade period compared to some of their clubs.
All this talk about the top teams , things can change quickly just look at a team like Leipzig in the German Bundesliga - Red Bull bought a 5th tier side called SSV Markranstädt in the 2009 - 2010 season and by 2016 they had won through the 5 lower tiers to be in the top tier and in 2017 were in the 2017–18 UEFA Champions League after coming 2nd to Bundesliga.

or look at Leicester won the 2015–16 Premier League, their first top-level football championship. They are one of only six clubs to have won the Premier League since its inception in 1992. A number of newspapers described Leicester's title win as the greatest sporting shock ever, multiple bookmakers had never paid out at such long odds for any sport.

All it takes is some luck , good management which includes getting good players to the club which this club is starting to do.

We will find out how good our draft selections are next season , but Richardson would a little bit jealous of Ratten in the strength of the squad.
People might not be raving about the players we snared but once we are playing finals the hype will be unbearable.

Carlisle for me is going to have a massive say where we end up next year , if he plays and gets back to his best it will release other players to fill other holes.

The news Roberton could well be playing next year is going to be huge as well , it is like adding a Rance and Grimes into the team.

Now with Howard we have a tall mobile fullback who can actually kick , mark and spoil and is only going to add to the strength down back.

Across the centre of the ground having Billings , Hill and Hannebery we now have 3 ball winners who can deliver the ball.

The forward line could well be what turns our team into the most dangerous in the competition.

Just look at what we have , we now have players who can deliver the ball to targets and have at least 3 mobile marking targets in our forward line is going to hurt most teams - having Battle - who is a natural forward and improving all the time could well be this years revelation like Marshall was last year.

Membery is just dangerous anytime and now having King prowling around the forward line , teams will need to be on there toes.
With the addition of Butler into the forward line we now have a guy who can kick goal's and with Gresham it should be good.

Anyway our season will hinge on injuries again and improvement in the young talent we have and if we half an ounce of luck we will not only make the 8 but the 4.

In addition to all of this, a new coach adding some unpredictability to a formerly very predictable team.

It's classic victimisation of low hanging fruit. People have an idea of our club based on a now irrelevant history.

But mostly people just need someone to pick on. Dad beats the wife, the wife beats the kids, the kids torture the dog, the dog shits all over the garden and scratches the doors. We do it ourselves to loser clubs like Carlton, North and GC.

Some people just want to keep us in what they consider to be our correct place. Aussies (& Brits) hate anyone getting ideas above their station.

I don't really let other supporters insecurities get me down, except when it has the power to influence groupthink or even policy, like Barrett and Cleary or umpires.

I'm far more concerned with St Kilda supporters ourselves adopting a victim mentality or a loser mentality, and nothing can encourage that more than giving the time of day to the pathetic trolling attempts of some random Essendon or West Coast supporting deadshit on BF.

Completely agree with Healy. As I’ve been saying for a while, Jones’ issues are not technical. That does not necessarily mean it is easier to fix but it is different to say Seb’s issues. Seb leans back with his upper body and gets way too under the ball, hence why he kicks so many helicopters. Jones by contrast is a relatively solid kick but his instinct is to get it and sprint the first few metres. This either results in him getting into space and making a good choice & kick or running himself into trouble and making a poor decision.

It's classic victimisation of low hanging fruit. People have an idea of our club based on a now irrelevant history.

But mostly people just need someone to pick on. Dad beats the wife, the wife beats the kids, the kids torture the dog, the dog shits all over the garden and scratches the doors. We do it ourselves to loser clubs like Carlton, North and GC.

Some people just want to keep us in what they consider to be our correct place. Aussies (& Brits) hate anyone getting ideas above their station.

I don't really let other supporters insecurities get me down, except when it has the power to influence groupthink or even policy, like Barrett and Cleary or umpires.

I'm far more concerned with St Kilda supporters ourselves adopting a victim mentality or a loser mentality, and nothing can encourage that more than giving the time of day to the pathetic trolling attempts of some random Essendon or West Coast supporting deadshit on BF.

So you are saying it's okay that we bag North because they are even lower on the food chain? Yeah, * North.

Completely agree with Healy. As I’ve been saying for a while, Jones’ issues are not technical. That does not necessarily mean it is easier to fix but it is different to say Seb’s issues. Seb leans back with his upper body and gets way too under the ball, hence why he kicks so many helicopters. Jones by contrast is a relatively solid kick but his instinct is to get it and sprint the first few metres. This either results in him getting into space and making a good choice & kick or running himself into trouble and making a poor decision.
I think the people who bag Zak Jones disposal are quick to forget his brother who has been a great player for the Dees was hardly delivering balls on silver platters his whole career, only have to look at Zak’s highlight package that was posted, blokes a jet, burst away from stoppages, loves tackling, attacks the footy as hard as anyone! I reckon they genuinely gifted us their most dynamic mid

Parker is a freak but he doesn’t have Jones’ pace and burst away from stoppages and Heeney is more a hybrid at this point. I agree with Gerard (can’t believe I said that) their midfield was slow with him let alone without him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back