Past #16: Aiden Bonar - drafted by GWS #11 '17 ND - traded to NM end '19 - 25 NM games - thx Bon

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw him at the races on Saturday, absolute specimen! Welcomed him to the club, nice fella. Was there with LDU, Garner, Walker, Zurharr, McKay and Taylor. Tight group by the looks, really think this young crop can do good things in the future!
Benny Brown will not be happy with this.

So what’s the go with his NEAFL numbers? First year mids like Hately and Caldwell were finding the pill more consistently than what he was.

Was he playing forward? Lock down roles? Or isn’t his tank up to scratch?

I think he was being played with decent chunks up forward.

As a point of comparison, LDU in his 4 games in the VFL this year averaged:

24 disposals, 2.75 marks, 6 tackles, 0.25 goals per game.

I think he will be developed as TT's partner in crime. Both don't have the tank at the moment to compete full time in the midfield. However, both of them are extremely strong overhead and are tricky matchups when forward. Both can also be real impact burst players in the center bounces.

I think he was being played with decent chunks up forward.

As a point of comparison, LDU in his 4 games in the VFL this year averaged:

24 disposals, 2.75 marks, 6 tackles, 0.25 goals per game.

I think he will be developed as TT's partner in crime. Both don't have the tank at the moment to compete full time in the midfield. However, both of them are extremely strong overhead and are tricky matchups when forward. Both can also be real impact burst players in the center bounces.
Agree and I hope Zurhaar is used the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what’s the go with his NEAFL numbers? First year mids like Hately and Caldwell were finding the pill more consistently than what he was.

Was he playing forward? Lock down roles? Or isn’t his tank up to scratch?

If you go through his NEAFL numbers he pops plenty of good games. Finished this season very quiet tho hence why he's probably looking for a change.
It's hard to know without knowing what positions they were using him in at the end.
Has played every game the last 2 years which is a good sign knee wise.

Saw him at the races on Saturday, absolute specimen! Welcomed him to the club, nice fella. Was there with LDU, Garner, Walker, Zurharr, McKay and Taylor. Tight group by the looks, really think this young crop can do good things in the future!

Excellent news 3 of those you named have question marks over the want to be the very best they can be. So am sure sinking piss ( assuming?)will certainly assist them in getting to the minimum fitness base expected for an AFL footballer. Add apparently Bonar is also not fit enough

Excellent news 3 of those you named have question marks over the want to be the very best they can be. So am sure sinking piss ( assuming?)will certainly assist them in getting to the minimum fitness base expected for an AFL footballer. Add apparently Bonar is also not fit enough
Garner has been well documented. Who are the other 2?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back