Delisted Free Agents - who should we target?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah well who ever does the weights and measures at the AFC must be using crook equipment then or Jordan's been using some strong fertiliser.

View attachment 768681

Either my poor old eyes are getting really bad or I'm simply wrong. I'll ask him next time I see him. You have me curious now. I feel palpitations coming on.:D

who should we target as a delisted free agent?

Nobody.

If we are looking at mature aged recruits, I'd be happy for us to roll the dice on
2019 Magarey Medalist -
Luke Partington.

Always felt he never got enough opportunity at West Coast,

he probably gets snapped up either late in draft or rookie draft, could be worth us throwing him a bone.

Dashing young man wears tuxedo and colourful medal around his neck as he rasies a glass of champagne

Nobody.

If we are looking at mature aged recruits, I'd be happy for us to roll the dice on
2019 Magarey Medalist -
Luke Partington.

he probably gets snapped up either late in draft or rookie draft, could be worth us throwing him a bone.

Dashing young man wears tuxedo and colourful medal around his neck as he rasies a glass of champagne

If not Port, we definitely should give the kid a go.

If Kelly proved anything for the Cats, is that mature aged SANFL/WAFL/VFL players can be gun players in the AFL.

If not Port, we definitely should give the kid a go.

If Kelly proved anything for the Cats, is that mature aged SANFL/WAFL/VFL players can be gun players in the AFL.
Totally agree, and I remember Partington in his draft year was pretty highly regarded, only issue was his kicking and he can train that into his game. I'd bring him in.

Totally agree, and I remember Partington in his draft year was pretty highly regarded, only issue was his kicking and he can train that into his game. I'd bring him in.

Were also a Club that needs to take a risk on potential elite talent, getting players to our Club is already hard enough as it is.

I think Partington would be a solid inclusion and cap off our draft period really well.

Is Robertson the tagger Adelaide need?

Nick Robertson tackles Carlton’s Patrick Cripps in the Round 12 clash at Marvel Stadium. Picture: Michael Klein

Nick Robertson
As Leon Cameron’s senior assistant at GWS last year, Adelaide’s new coach Matthew Nicks saw first-hand the impact an effective tagger can have with the competition’s No. 1 stopper Matt de Boer consistently shutting down the opposition’s best.

The Crows have failed to use this tactic in recent seasons, as a result of personnel — and Don Pyke’s reluctance — but if Nicks wants one in 2020, delisted Lion Robertson has shown he’s more than capable.

The tough, aggressive 24-year-old played 73 games in six seasons at Brisbane, including 42 of a possible 44 games in 2017 and 2018, but managed just five senior appearances this season after the rapid rise of the club’s midfield unit.

But Robertson was recalled for the Lions’ semi-final loss and did a terrific job on Lachie Whitfield, keeping the star Giant to just 15 disposals.

He's a limited player, but so is Matt DeBoer.

If we want a tagger type with a physical presence more than Riley Knight, he's probably it.

It's been suggested we are bit thin on for Ruck stocks quite a bit on here with the delisting of Paul Hunter and the trading of Sam Jacobs.....now I'm fully aware Liam McBean has been playing mainly forward for the Bays and doing very well I might add. 202cm 98kg - people's thoughts as a cheap option for depth both as Ruck and forward? And before someone mentions it....yeah he's not a current delistee.

It's been suggested we are bit thin on for Ruck stocks quite a bit on here with the delisting of Paul Hunter and the trading of Sam Jacobs.....now I'm fully aware Liam McBean has been playing mainly forward for the Bays and doing very well I might add. 202cm 98kg - people's thoughts as a cheap option for depth both as Ruck and forward? And before someone mentions it....yeah he's not a current delistee.
I agree, think McBean deserves another shot at AFL and can also be another option up forward if required. Could be an option in the rookie draft.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Robertson the tagger Adelaide need?

Nick Robertson tackles Carlton’s Patrick Cripps in the Round 12 clash at Marvel Stadium. Picture: Michael Klein

Nick Robertson
As Leon Cameron’s senior assistant at GWS last year, Adelaide’s new coach Matthew Nicks saw first-hand the impact an effective tagger can have with the competition’s No. 1 stopper Matt de Boer consistently shutting down the opposition’s best.

The Crows have failed to use this tactic in recent seasons, as a result of personnel — and Don Pyke’s reluctance — but if Nicks wants one in 2020, delisted Lion Robertson has shown he’s more than capable.

The tough, aggressive 24-year-old played 73 games in six seasons at Brisbane, including 42 of a possible 44 games in 2017 and 2018, but managed just five senior appearances this season after the rapid rise of the club’s midfield unit.

But Robertson was recalled for the Lions’ semi-final loss and did a terrific job on Lachie Whitfield, keeping the star Giant to just 15 disposals.
I'm onboard here, getting him as a DFA. He fits the need, age profile and is allegedly a poor kick, so fits the bill there too. :think:

At worst, he is a big mid who will play well in our SANFL team

I would give Bennell another go
Absolutely
I just fear we don’t have the right support structure
I know I go on about this “stuff” over the years
I am amazed that McAdam hasn’t got himself into more strife than what was reported
I said to Mutineer a while
back and others
Community life is sh##t

Inner Melbourne life and family
Good College life v’s Community

Read b##dy Tippu’s life
Would give him a go too.

Seen him out in Freo a few times.
Absolutely woeful on the piss.
Trying to fight people and couldn't walk.

Saying that, it's in his court.
Hopefully he gets his s**t together and his body holds up.

Reckon he has some good footy left.

Nobody.

2019 Magarey Medalist -
Luke Partington.

I thought we should have at least rookied him last season although he probably would have got lost in our program.

West Coast delisted Matt Allen today. I'd be very interested in seeing if we can pick him up as a rookie. 193 cm & probably 90 kg. Started as a lead up forward, but has transitioned this past year in to a midfielder. He's like a more mobile Fogarty.
Had virtually zero chance getting past the WC key forwards and even less chance cracking that midfield. Still only 22 so could be a handy CEY type replacement for virtually nothing.

West Coast delisted Matt Allen today. I'd be very interested in seeing if we can pick him up as a rookie. 193 cm & probably 90 kg. Started as a lead up forward, but has transitioned this past year in to a midfielder. He's like a more mobile Fogarty.
Had virtually zero chance getting past the WC key forwards and even less chance cracking that midfield. Still only 22 so could be a handy CEY type replacement for virtually nothing.
Good idea, local lad with potential and definitely worthy of a rookie spot

I’d be all for it. Similar to Frampton, can essentially cover 2 potential “needs”. KPF depth and ruck depth.

We are light on in both areas and any draftee is likely a few years off being ready anyway.

Nobody.

2019 Magarey Medalist -
Luke Partington.

I dunno, looks like a drinker to me

To be honest, I'd rather we didn't pick him up...for about 5 months so he can come back and open the batting and bowling, just a gun cricketer. To be honest he is worth a go, quality guy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back