Discussion Rugby League/Union Kits discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps there will be more in 2020 as well.
I think any logo that hasnt changed this past decade I would think would be up for renewal. Wouldnt be suprised if wests tigers have a change up with the merging of both entities.

I think any logo that hasnt changed this past decade I would think would be up for renewal. Wouldnt be suprised if wests tigers have a change up with the merging of both entities.

Wests Tigers is already a merged entity.

It is the leagues clubs that are now merging and will have nothing to do with the NRL teams identity (especially since Wests Ashfield already owns 75% of the team).

Wests Tigers is already a merged entity.

It is the leagues clubs that are now merging and will have nothing to do with the NRL teams identity (especially since Wests Ashfield already owns 75% of the team).
Yes but that would change the ownership and management model. But my comment about the tigers was very much something that imo would be up for renewal considering the ownership structure and the recent use of an anniversary logo (which seems to be the common chance used to change the logo.

Yes but that would change the ownership and management model. But my comment about the tigers was very much something that imo would be up for renewal considering the ownership structure and the recent use of an anniversary logo (which seems to be the common chance used to change the logo.

I don’t really see it happening. Anything is possible, but not in the near future, and certainly not for next year (have already seen the members packs and the logo is just reverting back to the normal design).

The clubs branding is strong and the logo is easily recognisable, especially to those younger fans who have never known anything different.

Having Wests Ashfield in complete charge will not change much as they have already stated that they will not, and with the merger agreement the old Magpie will always be worn on the sleeves of the jersey.

Add to this the fact that it is now likely that Wests Ashfield will be trying to create a Wests Tigers Leagues club on he old site of the Balmain Leagues club at Rozelle (pending zoning and local government approval), and have already added the Wests Tigers Logo to the outside of their own building (granted without the text and an added White V in the bottom part where the text would cover) and I think we will be seeing the Tigers current logo sticking around for some time.

Also this season was not the first time the club has used and anniversary logo, they also had one for their 15th anniversary.

Souths are likely to run out in their "reverse saddle" alternate strip again next Friday night
Actually they are 100%

mzVZsNp.jpg

The kit combination in the USA-England game playing tricks on my mind today. As we know, England traditionally wears a white home kit; but for many of my formative years watching rugby, the USA wore red jerseys with navy blue. So watching the game today, my mind couldn't get around as to who was who, the Poms looked so much like the US Eagles of old, especially from distance. The Americans likewise, looked like England.

Likely match up for tonight
1570341205979.png

vs

1570341229431.png

Both with White shorts and looks like that lazy text on the chest again instead of a special NRL Grand Final logo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Australian kangaroos jersey for the upcoming transtasman test... new collar View attachment 769149

Looks like a new template as well, or just modified from last year's as the chevrons are cut off at roughly the same point, here's the back of it, a kangaroo and the Southern Cross are just visible beneath Holden's logo, the chevrons on the front also look a little thinner 20191023_135454.jpg

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back