List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of all the realistic names put forward, including Garcia's, Philp is easily my preferred reading through his stats and write up.

You don't get many explosive, big bodied, quick, tough, midfielders with good endurance who also put up elite numbers.

23 touches, 11 contested, 6 tackles, 6 clearances a game with all his other traits is sexy AF.

INB4 i get attached and he goes between 38-44 range. Might even go earlier than that with his combine performance 😪

Darcy Cassar sounds like the sort we draft. Expected in the 3rd round on.

Efficent kick, promising utility looks like a half back flanker but can play forward.

You had me at half back flanker.

Sam Philp sounds like just what we need that could be there if we are lucky.

Inside pace, aggression and can use it. Missed out on Vic state team but not by much.

Could he be the IBWBLF?

Like the sound of him.

Not listed in Twomey's 30 today on the AFL website.

Out of all the realistic names put forward, including Garcia's, Philp is easily my preferred reading through his stats and write up.

You don't get many explosive, big bodied, quick, tough, midfielders with good endurance who also put up elite numbers.

23 touches, 11 contested, 6 tackles, 6 clearances a game with all his other traits is sexy AF.

INB4 i get attached and he goes between 38-44 range. Might even go earlier than that with his combine performance 😪

Definitely feel we need a pick in the mid to late 30's to land this guy.

Saying that if he was as good as he sounds he should have played in the national u18 comp and also being talked about in and around the 2nd round.

I have read this draft is deep with mids and of similar quality into the late 30's and 40's. Philp's sounds like one of those decent mids.

Hopefully other sides have drafted their quality higher ranked mids early and start drafting talls with their late 2nds and 3rds.

Don't be surprised if we get a decent mid sliding.

I cant believe there has been no mention of Ben Middleton on this thread.

Middleton was the leading 2019 goal kicker in the WAFL Colts and scored 5.4 in the Grand Final.

I have watched the Final a few times and he's an impressive prospect. With Kennedy seemingly on his last legs Middleton would be an excellent back-up pick for us in the pre-season draft or as a rookie.

Ben is a Peel Thunder player and I would be amazed if Fremantle doesn't have their eyes on him. He reminds me a bit of Fyfe who kicked a bag in the Colts Grand Final prior to his being drafted.

Draft Central has done a good write up on Middleton.

Middleton was the leading 2019 goal kicker in the WAFL Colts and scored 5.4 in the Grand Final.

I have watched the Final a few times and he's an impressive prospect. With Kennedy seemingly on his last legs Middleton would be an excellent back-up pick for us in the pre-season draft or as a rookie.

Ben is a Peel Thunder player and I would be amazed if Fremantle doesn't have their eyes on him. He reminds me a bit of Fyfe who kicked a bag in the Colts Grand Final prior to his being drafted.

Probably because of Allen, Brander, Waterman and Williams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out : Masten, Mutimer, Mallen, Brooksby (r), McInnes (r), Riach(cat b), Bines (cat b)
In : Kelly

Watson to be upgraded to main list

Guessing that Achee accepts his contract offer and Brayshaw and Smith survive the cull

Leaves 38 listed players and 2 rookies (Smith and Edwards)

Two draft picks and two rookie selections so no room for a DFA like Menadue unless the AFL agree to move Rioli on to the rookie list

All the very best to Kurt, Keegan & Matthew as they move on to their next phase of their careers. I’m sure they all still have footy careers ahead of them- all have proven they can perform at a state level which is really no small thing.

Delistings are never easy and although these guys may have seen it coming it would still be a bitter pill to swallow.

Do you have a link?

I wonder if Brayshaw will be rookie listed.
Would allow us to go with what seems to be our preferred 39/5 split rather than 40/4 which we haven’t gone to in the past

Like the guy a lot and his passion playing for the reserves, but not sure why we're persisting with Brayshaw tbh. I reckon he'll definitely be delisted in 12 months time. Simply too slow for AFL, would be more confident if Sam Mitchell was still around to teach him how to move through traffic despite a lack of speed. Hopefully we decide to move him to the rookie list at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back