EDFL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep exactly. Its great to see players not hang up the boots early but continue to play footy. Im just not sure it’s the right move for a club that made the 4 last season. They appear to recruit older types when I’m not sure that’s the best way forward. Castello the exception obviously but that’s chalk and cheese. I also guess his being paid if he was chased.

Why does he keep changing clubs? $$?

Interesting to see Westmeadows signed 2 players from Airport West who played premier last year. Strange to see both leave for an opposition club but they are not originally from APW and came across with ex coach Maddern. Maddern leaving probably set them back a bit but I’m sure Housey will have a few recruits up his sleeve.

Interesting to see Westmeadows signed 2 players from Airport West who played premier last year. Strange to see both leave for an opposition club but they are not originally from APW and came across with ex coach Maddern. Maddern leaving probably set them back a bit but I’m sure Housey will have a few recruits up his sleeve.

Surely they breaching the cap now also right turbo after 5 signings

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Surely they breaching the cap now also right turbo after 5 signings

Surely your trying to bait me here. I think there recruits announced would be on 50% less than EKs signings. I’ve only really heard of Nabbout and Ranno with Nabbout a stand out of the 4 named. Ferris is way past his best and will get struggle imo. And yes I heard he was getting the amount mentioned above and Roxy said see ya!! I’ve not been a fan of Roxy over the years 😄 but good on them for having a process in place and now maybe realising that the way forward is to go with youth and limit the number of older type players of that niche.

One's going home, the other's going for coin.

Surely your trying to bait me here. I think there recruits announced would be on 50% less than EKs signings. I’ve only really heard of Nabbout and Ranno with Nabbout a stand out of the 4 named. Ferris is way past his best and will get struggle imo. And yes I heard he was getting the amount mentioned above and Roxy said see ya!! I’ve not been a fan of Roxy over the years but good on them for having a process in place and now maybe realising that the way forward is to go with youth and limit the number of older type players of that niche.

Again your assuming if Ferris is on 600 I bet you Nabbout on 1k and other APW player on 800+ like you said why else leave unless there is big coin. Vendramini probably on 5-600 also he’s a great signing for west meadows.

Which one is “going home”. Ranno is a Greenvale junior. Would be 5 pointer at Westmeadows

I should have phrased it better. Somewhere he wants to be rather than somewhere he doesn't. It was easily observable during the season. Not worth 5 points anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m guessing his a 3 points then +1 for swapping clubs in same division then +1 for more than 2 clubs in 2 seasons.
Greenvale - APW - Westy in 2 years

4 points as coming down from premier league. Plus add another point for transferring to a club in the same division. Definitely a 5

4 points as coming down from premier league. Plus add another point for transferring to a club in the same division. Definitely a 5
APW were not in same division as Westmeadows season just completed so how can this be also worth a extra point.

Interesting rule, just my opinion but I don't think this should attract extra point.

IF both teams were in same division in 2019 & 2020, then yes charge extra 1 point.

APW were not in same division as Westmeadows season just completed so how can this be also worth a extra point.

Interesting rule, just my opinion but I don't think this should attract extra point.

IF both teams were in same division in 2019 & 2020, then yes charge extra 1 point.

I do like this rule but little else. But if I read it correct it’s an extra point however last year would have only been a 4.
But stiff that these types of players are rated as many points as an ex VFL player.

I do like this rule but little else. But if I read it correct it’s an extra point however last year would have only been a 4.
But stiff that these types of players are rated as many points as an ex VFL player.

Will be 5 points ether way you look at it.

3 points + 1 for 3 clubs in 3 years and +1 for ether same division or premier. Ether or

Well there are 900 reasons why Nabbout signed

If true that’s a joke and probably the reason APW had little choice but to let him go. To many players in division 1 getting way overs. So if this true and Nabbout is getting 900 what’s a marquee player worth!!

Guys who can win you a flag are worth a k.

If true that’s a joke and probably the reason APW had little choice but to let him go. To many players in division 1 getting way overs. So if this true and Nabbout is getting 900 what’s a marquee player worth!!

Two of us have both provided figures Mr Turbo.

It's a simple conversation. This is how much we are offering you. If you want to leave and take the extra coin go for it, because we're not matching it.

Guys who can win you a flag are worth a k.
Aucklander of all people....are you serious? All the intangibles...like culture, leadership, vision, planning, longevity are worth nothing? I don’t for a minute blame the players, how many non-football people are behind these ridiculous offers? Give them a vision of the future get their buy in and you will save $$$$. To many clubs have jeopardised their future trying to fill the mantelpiece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back