2019 F1 Championship Round 17 - Japanese Grand Prix

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm confused as to how it can be a drivers aid but not be in contravention of the regulations

Renault has had both its cars disqualified from Formula 1's Japanese Grand Prix for using an illegal driver aid.

Following a protest lodged by the Racing Point team, the FIA stewards held a teleconference hearing on Wednesday to evaluate whether a brake bias adjustment system used by Daniel Ricciardo and Nico Hulkenberg in Suzuka was legal.

The stewards believed that the system was not in contravention of F1's technical regulations, but that it was a driver aid.

As a result, Daniel Ricciardo and Nico Hulkenberg have been stripped of their sixth and ninth place finishes.

Racing Point's protest was based on claims that it believed a pre-set lap distance-dependent brake bias adjustment system was in breach of several F1's regulations.

FIA documents revealed the suggestions had originally been made by an ex-Renault employee.

I'm confused as to how it can be a drivers aid but not be in contravention of the regulations

Kind of like the Melbourne tanking/not tanking thing.

Anyway, it brings Renault into striking distance of Toro Rosso and Racing Point now. There's a very real chance of them slipping to 7th in the Constructor's.

Renault excluded.
Interesting it was only from.the one race, racing point whipped up.a 12 page report in under 24 hours because they seen something on a tv feed?

I actually think they should allow this stuff anyway, I'd rather the drivers focus on lines to overtake then clicking buttons.

I actually think they should allow this stuff anyway, I'd rather the drivers focus on lines to overtake then clicking buttons.
I understand your point, but then we have the pitboard etc controlling aspects of the car, not the drivers and then where does it stop?

I understand your point, but then we have the pitboard etc controlling aspects of the car, not the drivers and then where does it stop?
Who said anything about the pit board controlling it, driver should be able to save it during practice and load it as presets during the race, instead of clicking every series of turns they can click once every 20 laps to adjust it to a different preset.

Who said anything about the pit board controlling it, driver should be able to save it during practice and load it as presets during the race, instead of clicking every series of turns they can click once every 20 laps to adjust it to a different preset.
Where does it end though, should they do that with the throttle and brake?

Where does it end though, should they do that with the throttle and brake?
That is a brain dead way to argue the point, you can still drive a car without the ability to adjust your brakes you can't without a throttle.

Take away the ability to adjust the brakes altogether if that makes it easier for you, pressing buttons on a keyboard shouldn't be apart of racing.

That is a brain dead way to argue the point, you can still drive a car without the ability to adjust your brakes you can't without a throttle.

Take away the ability to adjust the brakes altogether if that makes it easier for you, pressing buttons on a keyboard shouldn't be apart of racing.
I just meant where does it end though?

I just meant where does it end though?
Should we ban Ferrari engines because it gives them a drivers aid over the other cars? There are a million and one things already outside of the drivers control.

Why did we have to allow all these buttons to be added to steering wheels? The drivers spend more time clicking buttons then actually driving the car, it is a becoming a video game. I don't know why it is so hard to understand I want drivers to drive the cars and not be pressing a million buttons to gain 3 tenths of a second, that is where it stops and go whichever way you want ban adjustments or get a computer to do it I don't care.

Gee and you thought it couldn't get much worse for Renault this year.

Danny would be wondering If it was all worth it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back