Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (No Leaks or Spoiler Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

So Luke is the main character despite not appearing in essentially four of the films? OK.
Luke was the hero of the OT. When Lucas made the prequels, he said it was Anakin’s story. If he were making the sequels, he’d say it was all building up to Rey, who’s the main character. As I said, he says a lot of things.

Anakin hasn’t appeared in any of the sequel films either. I’m guessing it’s actually Threepio’s story.

Luke was the hero of the OT. When Lucas made the prequels, he said it was Anakin’s story. If he were making the sequels, he’d say it was all building up to Rey, who’s the main character. As I said, he says a lot of things.

Anakin hasn’t appeared in any of the sequel films either. I’m guessing it’s actually Threepio’s story.

That's precisely my point, I don't know who the retconned main character is. Sometimes I think you argue with what I'm saying for no reason.

It can be said that the spirit of Anakin continued to be central to the story in VII with Kylo worshipping Vader and attempting to 'finish what he started' but that seemed to be discarded in VIII.

The whole point was saying that Luke's death at the end of VIII doesn't have a dampener on the emotion for the main characters as it may have if, say, Finn was killed/captured a la Han in ESB.

That's precisely my point, I don't know who the retconned main character is. Sometimes I think you argue with what I'm saying for no reason.

It can be said that the spirit of Anakin continued to be central to the story in VII with Kylo worshipping Vader and attempting to 'finish what he started' but that seemed to be discarded in VIII.

The whole point was saying that Luke's death at the end of VIII doesn't have a dampener on the emotion for the main characters as it may have if, say, Finn was killed/captured a la Han in ESB.
There is no single main character because it’s nine movies made over 40 years across three generations. But the OT still remains the anchor to everything, Luke/Han/Leia the primary heroes. I think Luke’s death was significant as shown by the bitterness of a lot of people who have their own idea of how should go out. That and the fact the sequel was driven by finding the legend that was Luke Skywalker.

Last edited:
Unless someone breaks a rule leave me out of this please. Making a call on spoilers and stuff in here is way above my remit.

All I've asked is you threadban people who are threatening to, or have, posted spoilers disguised as speculation. It's a media forum this is the definition of your remit.

Unless someone breaks a rule leave me out of this please. Making a call on spoilers and stuff in here is way above my remit.
Oh you're in it up to your neck Phant, I'm holding you responsible for the success of the whole franchise from here on in

All I've asked is you threadban people who are threatening to, or have, posted spoilers disguised as speculation. It's a media forum this is the definition of your remit.

Report the posts. I’m not threadbanning people on hearsay and I’m not trawling through all the comments considering I don’t even know what I’m looking for.

There is no single main character because it’s nine movies made over 40 years across three generations. But the OT still remains the anchor to everything, Luke/Han/Leia the primary heroes. I think Luke’s death was significant as shown by the bitterness of a lot of people who have their own idea of how should go out. That and the fact the sequel was driven by finding the legend that was Luke Skywalker.
Could have fooled me. ST don't treat them that way.

Report the posts. I’m not threadbanning people on hearsay and I’m not trawling through all the comments considering I don’t even know what I’m looking for.
I have.

Happy to call in chief if you can't do your job. I understand chief is experienced in this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The offending posts got deleted. No need to tag a mod, report the posts and one of us will deal with it.

I tagged to prompt the thread bans, have they now been thread banned? Toump Ass in particular seems keen to spoil.

It’s not up to you who gets thread banned. This is derailing the thread now so back to Star Wars chat eh.

Hey Chief could you please threadban anyone who threatens to spoil Star Wars since your mods won't do it.

Thanks.

I tagged to prompt the thread bans, have they now been thread banned? Toump Ass in particular seems keen to spoil.
Your mods are doing their job.

If someone posts a spoiler or gives a CREDIBLE indication that they are about to, your board mods will take care of it.

Your mods are doing their job.

If someone posts a spoiler or gives a CREDIBLE indication that they are about to, your board mods will take care of it.

So like Toump Ass asking for the leaks and then saying he can't wait to spoil it..?

I'd rather not be retrospectively asking them to take action..

And this was in 1977...Chief don't mess about.

jGx.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back