Geelong: why are they just not good enough?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylors back looks absolutely cooked. He moves like an old nan now. And i know about a knackered back. I don’t know enough about your reserves. Are there players who could develop in those roles right now at your club?
He has always walked like an old man. Nothing new there. But point taken.

So the fact Jack was vice captain in 2017 counts as good leadership, but not Joel's vice captaincy in 2011, or the fact he was in the leadership group since 2009?
I’m glad you’ve referred to history, because Joel as captain (since 2012) hasn’t achieved much, in fact the team record in finals during this time is poor to say he least.

I’m glad you agree it’s time he’s moved on!!

I’m glad you’ve referred to history, because Joel as captain (since 2012) hasn’t achieved much, in fact the team record in finals during this time is poor to say he least.

I’m glad you agree it’s time he’s moved on!!

Keep moving the goalposts to suit your argument.

Keep moving the goalposts to suit your argument.
2011 was a long time ago, including Joel surrounded by superstars!!

Now he’s driving the team performance, one would have to say he’s not capable of driving elite performance beyond the Cattery.

I, like many others see a team bereft of quality leadership and a team treading water by keeping and recruiting old stagers.

From where I sat in this years prelim ...... Joel, Patrick, Harry and even Kelly were completely outplayed and the Cats leaders were no-where to be found!!

Fact!!

2011 was a long time ago, including Joel surrounded by superstars!!

Now he’s driving the team performance, one would have to say he’s not capable of driving elite performance beyond the Cattery.

I, like many others see a team bereft of quality leadership and a team treading water by keeping and recruiting old stagers.

From where I sat in this years prelim ...... Joel, Patrick, Harry and even Kelly were completely outplayed and the Cats leaders were no-where to be found!!

Fact!!

so was richo inspirational?
Nick Riewoldt?

hell Luke Hodge hasn’t won a flag since he moved away from Clarko and his star teammates so why not throw him in there as well

oh and Kelly, from the midfield, had 31 and 3.

yeah he really let us down that night. Nah your argument keeps building to an inevitable glorious crescendo.

so was richo inspirational?
Nick Riewoldt?

hell Luke Hodge hasn’t won a flag since he moved away from Clarko and his star teammates so why not throw him in there as well

oh and Kelly, from the midfield, had 31 and 3.

yeah he really let us down that night. Nah your argument keeps building to an inevitable glorious crescendo.
Nah ....... the thread is ‘why are the cats not good enough’ and if we believed you ...... everything’s fine!!

There are issues that keep repeating in finals, especially prelims and that is ....... your not good enough!! (Not that the team isn’t ok, reasonable, mildly successful).

If you keep the same leadership group, coach and fluff around the edges with drafting and recruiting ...... same old same old.

Nah ....... the thread is ‘why are the cats not good enough’ and if we believed you ...... everything’s fine!!

There are issues that keep repeating in finals, especially prelims and that is ....... your not good enough!! (Not that the team isn’t ok, reasonable, mildly successful).

If you keep the same leadership group, coach and fluff around the edges with drafting and recruiting ...... same old same old.
if you believed me you’d realise that I, like most other cats fans, simply acknowledge that we are just not as good a team as others due to a lower level of depth and quality instead of fingering our freckle trying to find reasons that don’t actually exist.

if you believed me you’d realise that I, like most other cats fans, simply acknowledge that we are just not as good a team as others due to a lower level of depth and quality instead of fingering our freckle trying to find reasons that don’t actually exist.
Don’t buy it ....... you and others supporting the cats believe coaching, leadership, drafting and recruiting is fine ...... an adjustment here and there and Bingo!!

I don’t subscribe ....... in fact history has repeated year after year and it’s time leadership was looked at!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t buy it ....... you and others supporting the cats believe coaching, leadership, drafting and recruiting is fine ...... an adjustment here and there and Bingo!!

I don’t subscribe ....... in fact history has repeated year after year and it’s time leadership was looked at!!

yeah ok mate.

the guy who’s propped up the side for 8 years. THATS the problem

He has always walked like an old man. Nothing new there. But point taken.

He’s been a champion defender and player, don’t get me wrong, but, he moves like an old man now. And at his age in a young blokes game, he can be forgiven.

yeah ok mate.

the guy who’s propped up the side for 8 years. THATS the problem
Seems like your a BKACK and WHITE kinda guy!!

When in fact, drafting, trading leadership, coaching should ALL be looked at.

The fact remains that under the current leadership group ULTIMATE success has not been achieved.

If the club is smart, it should look everywhere to find elite performance and if that means a few heads roll .... so be it!!

So what. Is that literally the only measure of a good captain?
Tom Harley is as good a captain as Cotchin and John Worsfold and Wayne Carey then.

that’s great to know. Tom will be chuffed
Clubs appoint captains for many reasons, but the hope is they succeed to the point where premierships are won.

Clubs want premierships and strive each year to become good enough to win one, then more.

This thread has turned into a defensive 50 that’s stacked full of cats supporters with a siege mentality.

I’m not saying the club is poorly run, poorly led or have a poor list, I’m saying to get to the promised land again EVERYTHING should be looked at.

The club would be looking at on and off field leadership, strength and conditioning, coaching, development, recruiting and if they weren’t, they wouldn’t be doing their job.

Clubs appoint captains for many reasons, but the hope is they succeed to the point where premierships are won.

Clubs want premierships and strive each year to become good enough to win one, then more.

This thread has turned into a defensive 50 that’s stacked full of cats supporters with a siege mentality.

I’m not saying the club is poorly run, poorly led or have a poor list, I’m saying to get to the promised land again EVERYTHING should be looked at.

The club would be looking at on and off field leadership, strength and conditioning, coaching, development, recruiting and if they weren’t, they wouldn’t be doing their job.

there’s nothing wrong with looking at everything but that doesn’t mean EVERYTHING is wrong.If it was, then what the f*** are the 14 clubs who DIDNT make the preliminary finals looking at?

usually in sport you’ll find the most logical explanation is usually the correct one. The most logical one in this case is that we have a good group of players but not an exceptional one

It was looking pretty good for the Cats at half time of the preliminary final

Kelly will be a significant outgoing. he looked a class above that game

there’s nothing wrong with looking at everything but that doesn’t mean EVERYTHING is wrong.If it was, then what the f*** are the 14 clubs who DIDNT make the preliminary finals looking at?

usually in sport you’ll find the most logical explanation is usually the correct one. The most logical one in this case is that we have a good group of players but not an exceptional one
Who is suggesting everything is wrong, however if you think it’s just the list ..... good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back