QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Or ignore this season and they are coming straight out of a div 2 premiership side.. or a QAFL club the year before that. Don’t think the swans would find it to hard to find a spot for a few guns even with the points
Considering 5 pt players are NEAFL/VFL/WAFL/SANFL players then I think you could do a bit better than a few blokes who played at Sandgate a few years ago. Albeit might not get them for the same price.
15pts for 3 guys leaves 23 points for 19 blokes..

Last edited:
Don't think we have to go that far.
But all controlling bodies love it when franchisees are at opposite views or dont talk.
Their biggest fear is when they do get together and realise they are beaing ripped off.
Then all come together as one and ask for a please explain.
Show me where our money is going.
What do you give us for our money.
That's when change happens not when clubs try to pull each other down.
Go hammer and tong on the field but unite off and you have a better chance of a positive result.
It will take some very progressive clubs and presidents to pull it off.
But if they don't they will continually be screwed over without a whimper.

Don't always agree Outa but do on this count. Think AFLQ books should be open to club officials bc there is certainly a lot of $$ that go into putting teams on the field. $25k for a senior group (2 teams) + $10K for colts. That's a lot of money for clubs to charge before gear. If subs are too high blokes just don't play or wait for the inevitable call up mid year and play for nothing.

Considering 5 pt players are NEAFL/VFL/WAFL/SANFL players then I think you could do a bit better than a few blokes who played at Sandgate a few years ago. Albeit might not get them for the same price.
15pts for 3 guys leaves 23 points for 19 blokes..

A team with zero wins for the year is hardly going to be attracting NEAFL/VFL/WAFL/SANFL players to play in the new Div 3 plus a few others are they? And if they don’t have the ability to sign 3 blokes who will help them build their success, the point system is going to make it very hard for a club to turn things around.

If they are QLD based and going to a higher division of footy, then they are a 2 pointer anyway.

Depends if the higher level of footy argument stacks up when they are leaving a club thats just been promoted to that same division

If they are QLD based and going to a higher division of footy, then they are a 2 pointer anyway.

Depends if the higher level of footy argument stacks up when they are leaving a club thats just been promoted to that same division

The points system goes back the previous three years so if they played at least 5 senior games for Sandgate, they would be 4 point players and then one point added for playing in the same league as their last former club. 5 point players.

The points system goes back the previous three years so if they played at least 5 senior games for Sandgate, they would be 4 point players and then one point added for playing in the same league as their last former club. 5 point players.

Points system flowchart says it’ll be a 2 point penalty for player who transfers to a club playing in the same division as their former team. That would make these boys 6 point players. What a waste of points cap.

Points system flowchart says it’ll be a 2 point penalty for player who transfers to a club playing in the same division as their former team. That would make these boys 6 point players. What a waste of points cap.

Forgot about the increase from the proposed one point to two point penalty, double ouch.

Don't always agree Outa but do on this count. Think AFLQ books should be open to club officials bc there is certainly a lot of $$ that go into putting teams on the field. $25k for a senior group (2 teams) + $10K for colts. That's a lot of money for clubs to charge before gear. If subs are too high blokes just don't play or wait for the inevitable call up mid year and play for nothing.
So if it's 25k per club that is now 300k collected for div 2 north next year.
If you take out umpires.
Just a guess but let's say 60k for the year.
Don't supply any umpires in twos.
New footys for senior games.
Let's say 10k.
Let's take out 60k for insurance.
Which is rubbish anyway.
Let's just put 20k in just in case I've underestimated anything.
That's a surplus of 150k to do a draw.
Then they make money of the clubs backs for finals and such.
I don't know if clubs pay extra for footys or umpires but if they do then the surplus gets greater.
Either my estimates are way out or aflq cleaning up.
Anyone know the exact figures.

Over $800 in umpires for the day counting Seniors, reserves, Colts n women plus the clubs provides a reserve umpire each and gives them $80 cash post game.
$150ish per new footy which has to be purchased thru the league, extortion.

Over $800 in umpires for the day counting Seniors, reserves, Colts n women plus the clubs provides a reserve umpire each and gives them $80 cash post game.
$150ish per new footy which has to be purchased thru the league, extortion.
Mate my quote on umpires was for div 3 men's only.
Don't have any umps in ressies so that's an extra not in the fees.
150 for a footy.
Obviously don't have a contact for balls.

Mate my quote on umpires was for div 3 men's only.
Don't have any umps in ressies so that's an extra not in the fees.
150 for a footy.
Obviously don't have a contact for balls.

Reckon there will be umps in 2's and if not you get that money back anyway. Re the footy you get to keep it - one small consolation I suppose. Going to use yellow footys possibly this year so they are half useful for training purposes! I agree though that there is alot of $$ spent it seems.

A team with zero wins for the year is hardly going to be attracting NEAFL/VFL/WAFL/SANFL players to play in the new Div 3 plus a few others are they? And if they don’t have the ability to sign 3 blokes who will help them build their success, the point system is going to make it very hard for a club to turn things around.
Or they could stay at PR. It will be interesting to see how the points system impacts for sure on recruiting but I think more importantly selection of teams in the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or they could stay at PR. It will be interesting to see how the points system impacts for sure on recruiting but I think more importantly selection of teams in the end.
Yes guys certainly trying to get our heads around this points system.So crucial I spoke to keep local boys playing into the senior ranks.For example we used 38 points this year on the back of having so many ex Noosa juniors playing in the senior flag.And whilst several are heading into retirement or to other comps there is still not much point room for recruitment.Its a tricky one! May only have 10 to 12 points to choose from which becomes difficult with say 4 or 5 quality players wanting to move up and play from the designated stronger comps from down south.Player retention and a strong colts program and junior base just so important!

Yes guys certainly trying to get our heads around this points system.So crucial I spoke to keep local boys playing into the senior ranks.For example we used 38 points this year on the back of having so many ex Noosa juniors playing in the senior flag.And whilst several are heading into retirement or to other comps there is still not much point room for recruitment.Its a tricky one! May only have 10 to 12 points to choose from which becomes difficult with say 4 or 5 quality players wanting to move up and play from the designated stronger comps from down south.Player retention and a strong colts program and junior base just so important!

Spot on mate - the clubs that adapt their mindset will benefit, the ones who go the "John Elliott" line will put their clubs, like Carlton were, in the wilderness post changes to AFL system in the late 80's early 90's.

Reckon there will be umps in 2's and if not you get that money back anyway. Re the footy you get to keep it - one small consolation I suppose. Going to use yellow footys possibly this year so they are half useful for training purposes! I agree though that there is alot of $$ spent it seems.
Don't see how they will have umpires in div 2 north ressies.
It's hasn't had umpires for years.
I know I've been doing it.
No field
No goals
No boundary
Use the best of ones old match balls
So if you paying any money at all for that comp your getting touched up big time.
As everything and I mean everything is the clubs responsibility.
Unless there is a huge influx of new umpires then it will be the same.
The only time you see aflq umpires or staff is at finals.
So basically your fees are going towards one team.
Anyone who thinks different has swallowed the cool aid.
They don't even have to do a draw.
It really is money for doing absolutely nothing.
It would be more honest to say that's the cost of one team.
But suggesting it's for both is just an insult.
If you can prove me wrong please do.

there is also a penalty for playing at 3 clubs in 3 years, I think 1 point.
It seems your well informed on this.
As it will happen what's the penalty for stuffing up and going over for a game.
Is there now someone who is going to look at every team every week as to points.
Will teamsheets now have a section for points.
Seems like a lot of more work placed on the clubs.

Is there now someone who is going to look at every team every week as to points.

The most sensible, practical and easiest to govern would be that every player has a their point score Attached so when you add players X to an electronic team list the points will appear and then each time you add a player the points will automatically increase until the maximum team points is reached.
A team can not be submitted if it exceeded the maximum points allowed, this makes it almost fool proof for the clubs and the league .

The most sensible, practical and easiest to govern would be that every player has a their point score Attached so when you add players X to an electronic team list the points will appear and then each time you add a player the points will automatically increase until the maximum team points is reached.
A team can not be submitted if it exceeded the maximum points allowed, this makes it almost fool proof for the clubs and the league .
Seems like a winner to me.
The only issue I see is what genius is going to set it up.
Far more complicated than some of the online stuff that has issues now.
How long will it take for aflq to verify each players points.
Do clubs send in what they think each player is.
I'm not nostadarmis but I see a few problems here.
Could be a real headache for head office getting it up before first game.

Yes. At the start of the season every player will. e allocated their points for the comp they are playing in. When they are selected on the teamsheet their points will show as will a total. A QAFL club was fined $3000 for a late change to a game and that late change put them over. Thommo knows a bit more about it being the club the opposition did it against.

Div 1 clubs have already been sent the players points for players from last year list and current system does the adding up already, if it’s the same as QAFL all clubs will need to submit a team List by Friday 10am and the league will check the players

An App could easily be created to facilitate the concept.

Yeah there is actually put your team into sports tg and if it’s wrong then u will be told. Been going on in various parts of Aust for a while now the points system. I’m sure us qldrs can get it right....

1800 players will be given a point value before Xmas. Sent to clubs and they can either challenge or accept
Despite your cynicism there is wheels in motion around it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back