EDFL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys who can win you a flag are worth a k.

Please.. Tell me what is the highest level of footy his played at and been in the top 3-5 players. Has he played VFL?

I know the answers and can tell you if any club is paying him more than 500-600max then they don’t understand the footy game at all..

Please.. Tell me what is the highest level of footy his played at and been in the top 3-5 players. Has he played VFL?

I know the answers and can tell you if any club is paying him more than 500-600max then they don’t understand the footy game at all..
If he is on a 900 a game that’s a joke. Just shows why westy haven’t got near a flag in 30 years

I'm not talking about him. Jess Davies and his like are 100% worth a k as they'll win you a flag Then there should be a decent drop off back to 5-600.

I'm not talking about him. Jess Davies and his like are 100% worth a k as they'll win you a flag Then there should be a decent drop off back to 5-600.

I do understand where your coming from and $$ is definitely there in this game however to build a solid platform you must “try” hard to take a stance and pay players what they are a actually worth (plus extra for travel, leadership skills etc) and remember after all it’s div1 level. Plus keep a bank for if you win it as then it steps up a whole new level.

You mentioned Davies and yes his a very good player who I would rate higher than Nabbout however not sure his worth that type of $$ either. If he is then what is a player like Flynn worth.
Imo >1k is only for marquee players who have played VFL or they are a top 6 player at premier or equivalent.
Plus it can be a specific player you need so that might come down to enticing them with extra $$.
*whats a top CHB or Full back worth? Very important position in div1. Maybe they don’t get recognition they deserve but if they are good then they are worth gold.
*maybe a quality FF is better than having 2 tall deep options on good coin. And it’s cheaper. Example FF = $800 compared to 2 x tall deep forwards on say $600 each.

Anyway it’s not an easy job recruiting or coaching so it’s very subjective I know and

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back