Smith
Pucovski
Wade
+Paine
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Hazelwood

They are going to pick Warner no matter what. Renshaw/Burns/Khawaja have all been gash so Harris will keep his spot. Wade would probably want to make a good score or two to shore up his position, starts only so far this summer. #5 is wide open but since Head is not scoring runs it would appear the perfect time to blood Pucovski and see what he has for the long term.

Last edited:

RedTinMania

Senior List
Oct 16, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Warner
Burns
Labuschagne
Smith
Head
Wade
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Hazlewood
Lyon

If Kurtis Patterson was fit I would have probably pick him. Considered Harris too but some of his play in the Ashes puts me off to quite a degree

I literally detest them.
Hopefully this next failure is their last

So long as Langer is there we know the duds will get chance after chance. Might as well bring back Bancroft while he’s at it

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Nah they can't possibly justify recalling Shaun Marsh for a summer against Pakistan and NZ. Especially when they are already out on the limb with Warner. Perfect chance to get a look at some long term options this summer when we only really care about England and India and SA every now and then.

Neser has done everything that can be asked of him and deserves a chance

Warner
Harris (only one who's scored runs)
Labuschagne
Smith
Wade
Pucovski (it's time)
Paine
Neser
Cummins
Lyon
Hazlewood

Something a bit different...

Warner
SMarsh
Labs
Smith
Wade
Stoinis
Paine
Neser
Starc
Cummins
Lyon

Just when 1 awful selection wasn’t enough let’s add Stoinis as well...Good lord please no!

I would have Maxi in before Stoinis but neither will be there.I think our 2nd 11 would be a good chance to beat Pakistan over here at the moment.

Maxwell lol

Just give up on the fantasy on him being a test cricketer especially one with a brain.

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Harris
Marsh
Bancroft
Smith
Labuschagne
Wade
Paine
Pattinson
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Hazelwood - 12th man

ain't happening thankfully.

between harris and bancroft they have played 19 tests averaging 30ish with no tons. (30 tests if you include renshaw for 1 ton) - khawaja may still be a better option for this summer, although it looks like he is now out of favour

not sure why we'd go back to s.marsh at his age etc. i'd rather select a pucovski.

burns and patterson (inj) have done no wrong and were unlucky not to be on the ashes tour.

head was supposedly 'rested' for the last test for horses for courses and has done little wrong , yet not many are pushing for him.

end of the day it looks as if 8 spots are locked in with a dozen or so fighting for the last 3 spots.

3rd quick: starc/patto/j richo/neser
2 batting spots

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
On a flat Australian wicket we might just get away with Neser at 7. Slightly risky with our obviously dodgy batting but I'd be surprised if we didn't pick a fifth bowling option, and he's just as likely as any of the other options to score score runs, and would be a much better #5 bowler than anyone else (If got picked in that role would instantly compete with Ben Stokes as the best #5 bowler in the world).

Voice of the G

Premiership Player
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Melt 11:

Warner
S.Marsh
Kwajaja
Smith
Labuschagne
Maxwell
Wade
Stonis
M.Marsh
Siddle
Lyon

Maxwell is a interesting and not as silly as it seems.One of the best fieldsman in the world,handy part time spin bowler and potentially one of the best batsman in the world but lets himself down by rash shots.Perhaps give him a try on Australian wickets and a opposition that we question will be competitive against the Australians.

Back