Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
SkySports pundits lately have been peddling Man United need to be desperate to sign Harry Kane and they think it would benefit both clubs.

Tottenham fans, hypothetically if Kane got sold and Son was made the main man, What 2-3 spots would you improve on with the funds?

Upgrade on Lloris if possible? Maybe another full back? Another CB depending on what happens with Toby?
assuming its the 250m being bandied about
1-Dybala (70m~)
2-Romagnoli (50m~)
3-Donnarumma (60m~)
4-Meunier (30m~)
5-Zakaria (40m~)

Then whatever we get for Aurier, Rose, Alder, Vert, Lloris & Eriksen can fund more depth

-----------------Donnarumma-----------------
Meunier - Sanchez - Romagnoli - Sessegnon
-------------Zakaria - Ndombele --------------
------Dybala-------Dele------Lo Celso---------
---------------------Son-------------------------

Bench of Lucas Davies Winks Lamela Gazzaniga Foyth Dier

Really it was only Keane that brought it up much to the bemusement of the others.
It was brought up on the debate shows by Merson and Kewell as well.

I'm not saying it's happening, just speaking hypothetically about what areas Spurs would focus on if they got huge funds to improve the squad via a big sale.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
If Kane was to leave it'd be to City IMO, to replace Kun. Doubt he take a step down to United, no dig it's just they are miles off being a great side and Harry would probably be past his peak by the time they are a legit challenger again.

Spurs would be stupid to sell too.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
If Kane was to leave it'd be to City IMO, to replace Kun. Doubt he take a step down to United, no dig it's just they are miles off being a great side and Harry would probably be past his peak by the time they are a legit challenger again.

Spurs would be stupid to sell too.

IMO if Spurs could get anywhere near 200m and Kane was prepared to move on they would be best served to cash in. Not like he is an Mbappe anymore who can give 10 years service to the next club he joins.

I don't think we'd be after Kane. Suspect he'd only be interested in playing in a different league as well (probably Spain).

You reckon City will have interest in Haaland?

Kompany

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Can see Haaland in the Bundesliga next year. Most likely RBL, but possibly Bayern/Dortmund

If he keeps up his form, I don't think Dortmund will be able to afford him. Same for Leipzig, despite the connection, unless Haaland himself tries to push through a move there.

If he keeps up his form, I don't think Dortmund will be able to afford him. Same for Leipzig, despite the connection, unless Haaland himself tries to push through a move there.

Why wouldn't RBL be able to afford him? Unless you mean wages?

Kompany

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Why wouldn't RBL be able to afford him? Unless you mean wages?

Because I'd expect his transfer fee to be higher than what they usually spend on players. I think them paying 20m for a player is a lot for them, with the exception of Keita a few years ago. Without the RB connection, I think he'd go straight to a bigger club, but you never know of course.

Because I'd expect his transfer fee to be higher than what they usually spend on players. I think them paying 20m for a player is a lot for them, with the exception of Keita a few years ago. Without the RB connection, I think he'd go straight to a bigger club, but you never know of course.

If it's RBS selling to RBL I hate to break it to you but the transfer fee won't be too high.

Kompany

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
If it's RBS selling to RBL I hate to break it to you but the transfer fee won't be too high.

Based on what previous transfers are you sure Salzburg sells to them below market value? I don't know the other players they signed from Salzburg, but their market value seems to be in line with what Leipzig paid for them. In 2016, they paid 30m for Keita, which doesn't seem like a low fee between friends.

Based on what previous transfers are you sure Salzburg sells to them below market value? I don't know the other players they signed from Salzburg, but their market value seems to be in line with what Leipzig paid for them. In 2016, they paid 30m for Keita, which doesn't seem like a low fee between friends.

They're owned by the same group so.. it's not as if they're going to care? It's their money. They'll just transfer him. They regularly bring in RBS players.

Kompany

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
They're owned by the same group so.. it's not as if they're going to care? It's their money. They'll just transfer him. They regularly bring in RBS players.

Yeah I know they have the same owners but I just said that looking at their recent history, it appears that Leipzig are signing Salzburg players at market value, and not for a low transfer fee which you implied. So I asked you based on what transfers you believe they'll now sign Haaland at a lower price.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Yeah I know they have the same owners but I just said that looking at their recent history, it appears that Leipzig are signing Salzburg players at market value, and not for a low transfer fee which you implied. So I asked you based on what transfers you believe they'll now sign Haaland at a lower price.
I think SM is saying it doesn’t matter what the transfer fee is because the money stays within the same company.

What Mike said, they could pay RBS 100m pounds, the net result is nil. So if they want to keep him, and develop him further, they will.

Sales of players between related parties get looked at by UEFA and potentially get adjusted for FFP purposes.

Red Bull would be stupid to take the piss. Even if the fee didnt get adjusted, UEFA would end up changing the rules to stop transfers between related parties.

Sales of players between related parties get looked at by UEFA and potentially get adjusted for FFP purposes.

Red Bull would be stupid to take the piss. Even if the fee didnt get adjusted, UEFA would end up changing the rules to stop transfers between related parties.

For FFP purposes they might not manage it, absolutely, but not from a financial "unable to afford it" point of view. I can't imagine he's worth what RBL can't pay though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back