List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread V2

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering they are bargain bin freebies, Keays, Roberts and Murray are worth a gander.

Sam Gray available? We should absolutely DFA that s**t.

We only have a couple of spots mate, and I'd be surprised if we took more than one delisting.

Considering they are bargain bin freebies, Keays, Roberts and Murray are worth a gander.

I agree on Sam Gray and apparently we've enquired. Think he's been pretty maligned and underrated, seen him tear some games apart. He's got a bit of a Pittard reputation at the moment.

I agree on Sam Gray and apparently we've enquired. Think he's been pretty maligned and underrated, seen him tear some games apart. He's got a bit of a Pittard reputation at the moment.
What reputation is that?

If we take a dfa I reckon we would wait and take them through the rookie draft to replace McKenzie

Don’t have room on the senior list to take one there unless you want to only use 26 and 27

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I would take Dale Thomas before any of the other DFAs. Sure, he only has one or two seasons left, but he still has the talent. As one of those who is convinced we're not far away from serious finals action, my view is that he would be a solid back-up asset.

Geelong confirm they’ve spoken with ex-Docker Harley Bennell as the star midfielder looks to revive his career
Bonnie RaynorThe West Australian
Friday, 25 October 2019 8:47AM
Bonnie Raynor

Harley Bennell’s hopes of receiving an AFL lifeline have been boosted by another club showing interest in rejuvenating his stop-start career.
After crossing from Gold Coast at the end of 2015, the talented midfielder managed just two games in his four years at Fremantle due to persistent calf injuries.
However that hasn’t deterred the Swans, who have previously met with the 83-gamer, nor has it stopped Geelong from joining the race.

The Cats have confirmed they’ve spoken with the 27-year-old, while it’s said ‘several’ other clubs outside of Sydney and Geelong are queuing up to join the race.
Bennell has recently had surgery on both of his calves after Geelong-based sports physio Peter Stanton identified what he believes has been causing the repeated issues.
The operation, performed in Brisbane, removed muscles that were said to be rubbing on nerves and causing the constant setbacks.
Bennell is available as a delisted free agent and could join a club via the upcoming rookie draft, or the pre-season supplementary period after training with a club over summer.
Selected with pick two in the 2010 draft, Bennell spent five years with the Suns before joining Fremantle.
The luckless midfielder has indicated his desire to play on, making his intentions clear in July when the Dockers announced he would not receive another contract.
“I’m not retiring at this stage,” Bennell said at the time.
“I’m going to work really hard on rehabbing my calf injury with a view to giving myself the chance to have another crack at playing for an AFL club.
“I firmly believe that I am capable of getting back out there and playing at the highest level.”

Would be nice if we are one of them

Last edited:
I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I would take Dale Thomas before any of the other DFAs. Sure, he only has one or two seasons left, but he still has the talent. As one of those who is convinced we're not far away from serious finals action, my view is that he would be a solid back-up asset.
One or two seasons? That's optimistic.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Why is it that people don’t rate Sam Gray? While I don’t think he’s close to being a star, over the years we have seen some good form from him and he would could be a handy pick-up.
Because he's the very definition of ordinary?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

FazRaz made more sense in 2016 than Daisy would now. I feel like the list's ok but it’s not exactly last roll of the dice for a contending group, where that sort of depth would make a difference. If we get that far down the depth chart in 2020 our season's stuffed.

Players of his ability are pretty rare. I certainly hope we’ve tested the waters.

Why would you believe he would not succumb to temptation again? Northbridge is a gated christian community in comparison to Geelong.

One or two seasons? That's optimistic.
FazRaz made more sense in 2016 than Daisy would now. I feel like the list's ok but it’s not exactly last roll of the dice for a contending group, where that sort of depth would make a difference. If we get that far down the depth chart in 2020 our season's stuffed.
A 32 year old dime a dozen small defender who doesn't defend? Yeah nah

Well, I conceded I am in the minority on Daisy. In that vein, I don't agree with any of you.

Daisy had a fantastic year and is only 32. Just sayin

I agree with this, though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back