Ranking the "big six" strikers

Remove this Banner Ad

Firmino has been our best player so far this season in my opinion, but to rank him against other centre forwards across the league is tricky because the role he plays is so unique. He’s not really a #9 but he’s not really a #10 either. He had zero shots on target against Genk the other night but was the best attacker on the pitch. Who else discussed in this thread could do that?

Mané and Salah are probably the more relevant comparators at Liverpool to the likes of Aguero and Aubameyang. While their nominal positions on the team sheet are out wide, in practice the function/aim of their role is the same - play high up the pitch, make attacking runs in behind, put the ball in the net. Firmino’s game by comparison is far more rounded.

Both firmino and lacazette are criminally underrated because they don't score as many as the others but both are more important to their team than most other strikers on these lists.

So it's hard to rank them but I definitely have lacazette as the better of the two between him and aubameyang, don't watch enough of liverpool to clearly say I rate firmino more than mane/salah but wouldn't surprise me if he's better than either or both.

Both firmino and lacazette are criminally underrated because they don't score as many as the others but both are more important to their team than most other strikers on these lists.

So it's hard to rank them but I definitely have lacazette as the better of the two between him and aubameyang, don't watch enough of liverpool to clearly say I rate firmino more than mane/salah but wouldn't surprise me if he's better than either or both.

Firmino is probably worth 10 goals a piece to Mané and Salah each season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bump.

Fairly sure Auba has outscored everyone since joining Arsenal 2 years ago. Mostly from left wing, and in a s**t side.

Surely #1 as it stands.

Bump.

Fairly sure Auba has outscored everyone since joining Arsenal 2 years ago. Mostly from left wing, and in a s**t side.

Surely #1 as it stands.
lol.

kun
Kane
Auba

I think only Salah has more goals?

Since Auba arrived, it’s 39 goals each for he and Salah as of October 2019. Auba has scored more than Salah since then. Nobody else comes close.

Freak, and the league’s best right now.

Since Auba arrived, it’s 39 goals each for he and Salah as of October 2019. Auba has scored more than Salah since then. Nobody else comes close.

Freak, and the league’s best right now.
It's hard to compare in all honesty.

I think Firmino cannot be compared with any other forward, unless of course they are a false 9. Firmino is the best at that role, and I don't think that can be disputed, so I don't think it is fair to include him in this conversation.

Auba I find can be a little inconsistent, seems to go a few games without scoring, then explodes, rinse and repeat.

I would still take Aguero ahead of him personally, and probably Kane.

lol.

kun
Kane
Auba

Still funny PendlePie ?

Please remember, had PEA not fluffed his NLD penalty you’d have been in the CL and not had the chance for him to fluff a sitter seeing you go out to Olympiacos. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back