Ward Taylor Haynes
Whitfield Cogs Kelly
Greene Cameron Daniels
Hill HH Finlayson
Jacobs DeBoer Taranto
Hopper Perryman Caldwell Corr

Close: Hately Kennedy Keeffe Mumford Cumming
Lloyd Reid Green Pick 6;) Towner
That's a seriously good team. Plethora of quality midfield options.

Fair luxury to have players like Lloyd, Cumming and Hately in the NEAFL.

Personally I'd have Langdon in before Hill but that's genuinely nit picking.

My updated first 22 with depth:
Williams Davis Shaw
Ward Taylor Haynes
Whitfield Cogs Kelly
Greene Cameron Daniels
Hill HH Finlayson
Jacobs DeBoer Taranto
Hopper Perryman Caldwell Corr

Close: Hately Kennedy Keeffe Mumford Cumming
Lloyd Reid Green Pick 6;) Towner

I didn’t realise this had turned into a “best 22” thread but I’ll play along.

Sorry, but leaving someone with 115 games out for a guy that only has 2 fairly ordinary ones under his belt is a bit of a reach for mine.

If I heard Jason McCartney correctly our younger mid-field players coming through (Hately, Calwell, O;Halloran) are in-siders rather than fast line-breakers; as is Green. Although Langdon will be a pace option that we lacked in 2019, I think for team-balance and depth to cover injures we should look at taking a chance with one mature, fast, line-breaker; I think it would be worthwhile to do due diligence and consider one of Sam Murray, Conor Menadue or Harvey Bennell. I know that last player has a long history of issues but other clubs are seriously considering him (Sydney, Geelong) and Marlion Pickett proves the rewards can be worthwhile.

They've also confirmed:
  • Stein and Sproule delisted and redrafted (presumably as rookies, given promotion costs nothing).
  • Sheridan to be delisted and redrafted in the National Draft.

They've also confirmed:
  • Stein and Sproule delisted and redrafted (presumably as rookies, given promotion costs nothing).
  • Sheridan to be delisted and redrafted in the National Draft.
Did they say if we will get a pick before green, if not our 12,18 for 6 is a poor deal given we lost 300 points or so.

Did they say if we will get a pick before green, if not our 12,18 for 6 is a poor deal given we lost 300 points or so.
Think this is a reason alot of people find it strange they moved to 6... and to move to 3 or 4 is going to cost you a bundle (may not even be possible).
I dunno if they moved to 6 to target someone else and are indifferent if they miss green as you are stocked inside mids anyway.

Given it was an AFL.com.au article, I doubt the club is trying to tip their hand or anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems the players we are being linked to are expected to go closer to 10 than before 6. So I guess 6 vs holding 12 and 18 gives us greater stakes in a game of bluff. The draft points are only of value if we had another academy player to take.

So, do you have an answer for why the move from 12,18 to 6. Maybe we know Adelaide, Sydney won't bid on green??
Sydney and adelaide were the 2 only reported teams to go visit greens house.
We are known to bid alot...
Cant see how he gets past us let alone sydney...

Unless you do have a deal with Melbourne in place

Sydney and adelaide were the 2 only reported teams to go visit greens house.
We are known to bid alot...
Cant see how he gets past us let alone sydney...

Unless you do have a deal with Melbourne in place
Pretty irrelevant, clubs don't bid just to piss opposition recruitment teams off, apart from Essendon of course, Green is the only player in range of your pick that I wouldn't consider for Adelaide, you already have too many one paced inside mids

Seems the players we are being linked to are expected to go closer to 10 than before 6. So I guess 6 vs holding 12 and 18 gives us greater stakes in a game of bluff. The draft points are only of value if we had another academy player to take.
I still quite like Delahunty and think his weaknesses are relatively easy to iron out in an AFL environment, talls that can play to a good level either end of the ground aren't easy to come by, and blokes that clunk marks like Delahunty also aren't easy to come by.

Peatling is another I think we have to consider, but he should slip through to the rookie draft

If we can't move up in the draft order could see us trying to do a deal with the suns if a bid comes before pick 6 in which we trade pick 6 and our future first for the Suns future mid 1st rd they got from the afl, along with their future 2nd rd. Then either trade back into this years draft where guys like Jackson and Dylan Stephens would still be on the board or at worst it would allow us to be in a good position in next years draft. From the suns pov it would allow them to bring in 3 top 6 draft picks which no doubt appeal to them.

If we can't move up in the draft order could see us trying to do a deal with the suns if a bid comes before pick 6 in which we trade pick 6 and our future first for the Suns future mid 1st rd they got from the afl, along with their future 2nd rd. Then either trade back into this years draft where guys like Jackson and Dylan Stephens would still be on the board or at worst it would allow us to be in a good position in next years draft. From the suns pov it would allow them to bring in 3 top 6 draft picks which no doubt appeal to them.
I beleive someone said once a bid has been made you are unable to trade your picks.. or else that just leaves the options of being sneaky like this..

I beleive someone said once a bid has been made you are unable to trade your picks.. or else that just leaves the options of being sneaky like this..
I don't know who said that given you don't have a quote, but it's wrong. Sydney literally did exactly this when Blakey was bid on and it's been covered many times as legal.

I don't know who said that given you don't have a quote, but it's wrong. Sydney literally did exactly this when Blakey was bid on and it's been covered many times as legal.

It was legal last year but the afl is now reportedly trying to close the loophole (why i dont know).

No. The Swans did the trade with West Coast after pick 6 in the draft. Blakey was not bid on by GWS until pick 11 in the draft. I think that you cannot make a trade after a player has been bid on.

No. The Swans did the trade with West Coast after pick 6 in the draft. Blakey was not bid on by GWS until pick 11 in the draft. I think that you cannot make a trade after a player has been bid on.

That wasn't the case last year as was evident when the dogs made a trade after melb made a bid on Rhylee West with pick 26 and at time the dogs next pick was pick 30 so they traded pick 30 and 57 for freos pick 34 and 41 then they matched the bid coming from melb.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back