Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

So in addition to the pre-existing black waist, they've also added black to the back of the ankles/calves to make it look like everybody's simultaneously low-riding and high-panting it. Another interesting choice.

SSix18102019.jpg

The current T20 league is going to continue? alongside the 100 thing?
It's going to continue, just in an earlier/less desirable time of the season to open up prime calendar space for the Hund. Counties make too much money off the t20 Blast to let it go. The men's comp, that is. Women's Super League is being totally replaced.

So in addition to the pre-existing black waist, they've also added black to the back of the ankles/calves to make it look like everybody's simultaneously low-riding and high-panting it. Another interesting choice.

View attachment 767389

It's going to continue, just in an earlier/less desirable time of the season to open up prime calendar space for the Hund. Counties make too much money off the t20 Blast to let it go. The men's comp, that is. Women's Super League is being totally replaced.
I heard the WSL will move to the ODD format?

Here are some Sheffield Shield and One Day Matches uniforms that I designed for each of the state teams.

New South Wales
0hrDOU6.jpg

Queensland
siyFarV.jpg

South Australia
VUAqlK2.jpg

Tasmania
tdlSKGF.jpg

Victoria
3JxkGym.jpg

Western Australia
ztMNdeL.jpg

I need a bit of help identifying what exactly I've picked up

732a9af8-21ab-436c-9396-4420dc3a66a2.jpg
I'm fairly certain that it's the CA XI uniform from the 2017-18 season. It has number 12 and "Merlo" on the back (Jonathon Merlo was on CA XI's roster and wore the number 12)
I want to try work out if it's one P.I. but I'm not sure if there's a way with this shirt, and also two what it's worth if anything (edit: In before $14:99 comment). Thanks :)

Last edited:
I need a bit of help identifying what exactly I've picked up

View attachment 769652
I'm fairly certain that it's the CA XI uniform from the 2017-18 season. It has number 12 and "Merlo" on the back (Jonathon Merlo was on CA XI's roster and wore the number 12)
I want to try work out if it's one P.I. but I'm not sure if there's a way with this shirt, and also two what it's worth if anything (edit: In before $14:99 comment). Thanks :)

I think you have hit the nail on the head. Any national side would have been with ASICS, with, i believe, all state cup sides being blk. Wouldn’t think there would be any particular reason why merlo would be placed on the back if it wasnt a PI. I could be wrong, so happy to be proven wrong.

If it is to be a PI it wouldn’t be worth much, at least at this stage. According to the internet he is only 20 and hasn’t done much, but who knows maybe he will turn into the next Smith or Warner.

Having no luck finding one of these beauties.
It was the first top I was able to buy with my own money and I still think it is all class. Apparently, when I bought it I nearly walked into a tram because I was looking down the whole time, pretty pleased with my purchase.
Sadly the one I have is a boys size and I am looking for a medium.

Adidas were just so damn good with Australia, their gold and grey T20 kits are miles ahead of what we put up with now.

1572045516108.png

It was the first top I was able to buy with my own money and I still think it is all class. Apparently, when I bought it I nearly walked into a tram because I was looking down the whole time, pretty pleased with my purchase.

Adidas were just so damn good with Australia, their gold and grey T20 kits are miles ahead of what we put up with now.

View attachment 770507
I really loved the first T20I kit, gunmetal grey with green and yellow highligts.
For its time it was next level haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 770507

I’ve got one I’d be willing to part with for the right offer. PM me.

Anyone know when our deal with Asics ends? Might wait until after then to buy my next cricket jersey.
From what i could find there is so specific word on the length, or any news of an extension. Original release said multi year including 2015 world cup. I would say maybe 2021 would be the final year (assuming a 10 year contract)

View attachment 770507

adidas and fila made the best shirts.
ive seen a few of these ones on ebay, but ive never seen the green version

adidas and fila made the best shirts.
ive seen a few of these ones on ebay, but ive never seen the green version

I just sold the green version the other day to one of Spanna_ ’s mates lol.

the thunder/stars combo looks pretty good, probably as good as it ever has been.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

The BBL seems to be as mismanaged as what the other major Aussie sporting codes are. The only competent sporting board in this country seems to be tennis Australia. Those uniforms are basically just K-mart t-shirts, and look like they were made by some 5 year olds with a few highlighters. Very disappointing, and makes me want to watch the competition even less than before. It looks so cheap now, compared to where the IPL for example is at. I know there's way more money involved over there but at least some of their kits are just completely outrageous to back it up.

The BBL seems to be as mismanaged as what the other major Aussie sporting codes are. The only competent sporting board in this country seems to be tennis Australia. Those uniforms are basically just K-mart t-shirts, and look like they were made by some 5 year olds with a few highlighters. Very disappointing, and makes me want to watch the competition even less than before. It looks so cheap now, compared to where the IPL for example is at. I know there's way more money involved over there but at least some of their kits are just completely outrageous to back it up.
It's deliberately cheap though. It ain't trying to be like the IPL. The whole point of the BBL is to attract new fans in the general public, not some Bollywood celebrities. That's the same reason its owned by CA, because it wants to feel accessible. People can buy a $5 pink t-shirt from K-mart, and not feel like they are missing out.

It's deliberately cheap though. It ain't trying to be like the IPL. The whole point of the BBL is to attract new fans in the general public, not some Bollywood celebrities. That's the same reason its owned by CA, because it wants to feel accessible. People can buy a $5 pink t-shirt from K-mart, and not feel like they are missing out.
It already is accessible though. If they wanted it to be even more accessible just drop the ticket prices and put it all onto free to air. It isn't the IPL, you're right, but some entertainment value absolutely stems from the uniforms, and watching someone run out in a kit that's literally inferior, from a design perspective, to my club's whites isn't helping. No one is missing out anyway, you can still buy t-shirts in the predominant colour whether they have design elements or not. Not having them makes it a worse competition.

It already is accessible though. If they wanted it to be even more accessible just drop the ticket prices and put it all onto free to air. It isn't the IPL, you're right, but some entertainment value absolutely stems from the uniforms, and watching someone run out in a kit that's literally inferior, from a design perspective, to my club's whites isn't helping. No one is missing out anyway, you can still buy t-shirts in the predominant colour whether they have design elements or not. Not having them makes it a worse competition.
Ticket prices already are dropped. Most games still are on TV. But buying a shirt similar to the PI ones wasn't that accessible until this year.

It's a pretty silly example i've created, but all in all it is almost supposed to look cheap. It's all about linking each team to a colour, rather than a design.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back