List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
We only have 3 selections now that we picked up Bonar. That’s Zurhaar plus 3. So we will most likely do some more pick trading to reduce to 3 selections this year.
Yep you are right

Had 39 on senior list with 5 cat a rookies this year
Next year we can go back to 40 senior list and 4 rookies

Out: 4 senior list (plus have 1 extra spot senior list)
In: bonar, zurhaar upgrade and 3 drafts spots

Need to turn picks 26,27,47,50 into 3 good picks in this 2019 draft

Yep you are right

Had 39 on senior list with 5 cat a rookies this year
Next year we can go back to 40 senior list and 4 rookies

Out: 4 senior list (plus have 1 extra spot senior list)
In: bonar, zurhaar upgrade and 3 drafts spots

Need to turn picks 26,27,47,50 into 3 good picks in this 2019 draft
Not out of the question that Turner may be cut and Jacobs call it quits pending how he progresses over the summer.

Personally, yes I acknowledge Turner's strengths and I know a lot of people continue to defend him however in my opinion he offers too little in his role as a small forward, too few goals and not enough possessions. Time to move on and give someone else a chance.

Regards Jacobs, I am really, really hoping he can deal with the issues that have been plaguing him over the last couple of years. Such an incredibly important player for us.

Ling Jong will have been in the system 9 year? Geeze.

That's quite a confusing list in that, there's actually some good players on it this time.

Crouch,
Pendlebury
Whitfield
Smith
Cameron,
Kennedy x 2,
Gray,
Hurn

Let's open the warchest Raiders of the Lost Ark style and recruit our entire B&F top 8 straight out of the FA market.
Actually think the free agency list is pretty slim pickings next year tbh

I’d only take Crouch, Whitfield, Corr, Williams and Cameron (Grundy obviously but won’t happen)

Isaac smith maybe also but would be a touch old

lockheed

Club Legend
Oct 22, 2005
Night Vale
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
I was just joking about....

But now I've seen my name as the thread creator and realise it could be up there for a whole year... Well you know, does this mean I've made it in life?

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Absolutely. This is the best, the most important and significant thing you've done in your life.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Actually think the free agency list is pretty slim pickings next year tbh

I’d only take Crouch, Whitfield, Corr, Williams and Cameron (Grundy obviously but won’t happen)

Isaac smith maybe also but would be a touch old

I think we could find a slot for Pendlebury or Hurn.

Yeah I would take Pendle’s for a couple of years.
Could have maybe another 2-3 good years but wouldn’t leave pies for us.

Isaac smith one of the older guys that seems gettable seeing as he was talked about going this year and hawks have no issues letting older players go

The 4 gws free agents and crouch would be gettable and have longer left

Nov 25, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Could have maybe another 2-3 good years but wouldn’t leave pies for us.

Isaac smith one of the older guys that seems gettable seeing as he was talked about going this year and hawks have no issues letting older players go

The 4 gws free agents and crouch would be gettable and have longer left
Seriously, what's the obsession with 30 plus players from other teams?. It's actually embarrassing. We need elite young talent. That's it.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Seriously, what's the obsession with 30 plus players from other teams?. It's actually embarrassing. We need elite young talent. That's it.

Why?

We can win the premiership next year with the requisite jump in development and a couple of ready to go players.

Nov 25, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why?

We can win the premiership next year with the requisite jump in development and a couple of ready to go players.
Yeah right. That's gonna happen.We need 60 to 100 games into the likes of LDU, CZ, Larkey, Jy, Bonar, TT, Walker, Scott before we'll seriously threaten year to year. Let's be smart and add to that group

All in on DeGoey again

Pies have Grundy, pendles, Cox, Moore and JDG out of contract with a tight cap
Grundy, Moore and de Goey will all take them for as much cash as possible. I suspect Cox might get the chop and they will offer Pendles a reduced contract for a year to accommodate the other large contracts. It could be a reverse Wells situation where a little more cash and a year or two longer sways him. Highly unlikely admittedly but I would like us to push his contract up either way.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Won't be winning a flag while Macmillan and Turner are "extend now" signings, and important best 22 players for us.

These are the sorts of limited players that need to be leapfrogged for us to take the next step. You might be surprised to read this, but you don't finish bottom 10 3 years in a row when you have a gun list that doesn't require some major personnel changes to the best 22 (whether it be via drafting of mature age players, trading, recent draftees kicking on).

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I've long maintained that we're just one Kane Cornes and Shane Tuck away from #5.

The hero who tables nothing and then pot shots from the cheap seats surfaces again.

You & the youth circle jerks can chortle all you like about that, but both went on to play very good footy after I mentioned picking them up for nothing. You seem to overlook that.

By the way, how the * would you know what I posted back then, you have only been around since 2013.

Last edited:

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The hero who tables nothing and then pot shots from the cheap seats surfaces again.

You & the youth circle jerks can chortle all you like about that, but both went on to play very good footy for an extended period after I mentioned picking them up for nothing. You seem to overlook that.

By the way, how the fu** would you know what I posted back then, you have only been around since 2013.
tenor.gif

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
So have you technically...

What, brought up the subject of picking up Tuck & Cornes for next to nothing when they were on the nose with their clubs?

Indeed I did, back in 2011.

Cornes went on to win his clubs 2012 best and fairest and play another 77 games (25 disposals @ 76%, 5.5 marks, 4 tackles) and Tuck went out and played the best statistical season of his entire career in 2012 (576 disposals, 124 tackles, 123 clearances), which just goes to show how clueless some of the arm chair "experts" around here really are.

We could have had both of them for nothing.

Pffft, you just got shown up badly.

1572085201678.png

It's no wonder you changed usernames.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
It just highlights the non existent analytical input that some of these "faux experts" put in to their garbage.

I mean, when has anyone stopped and thought that "Heaps of fun" made an interesting independent football comment around here, or indeed went out on a limb and contributed anything at all? It doesn't happen. However, when it comes to showing up and taking cheap shots, he organizes front row seats for himself.

These people are life's spectators, nothing more.

I actually have more respect for posters like "the Ziebull", because whilst he might be approaching lunacy on occasions, at least he has the balls to have a crack himself.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It just highlights the non existent analytical input that some of these "faux experts" put in to their garbage.

I mean, when has anyone stopped and thought that "Heaps of fun" made an interesting independent football comment around here, or indeed went out on a limb and contributed anything at all? It doesn't happen. However, when it comes to showing up and taking cheap shots, he organizes front row seats for himself.

These people are life's spectators, nothing more.

I actually have more respect for posters like "the Ziebull", because whilst he might be approaching lunacy on occasions, at least he has the balls to have a crack himself.
It's so ******* funny how seriously you take this s**t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back