Analysis 2020 List, Game Plan and Best 22?

Remove this Banner Ad

Daniher would have been great to prolong buddy,

free up mccartin to go back where we lack real depth

and chop out ruck where we lack depth

Sinclair is solid, naismith is not what everyone here thinks imo, not sure what’s y he slots in as first ruck
Spot on imo

What he allows others to do just playing would have been a bonus

Daniher would have been great to prolong buddy,

free up mccartin to go back where we lack real depth

and chop out ruck where we lack depth

Sinclair is solid, naismith is not what everyone here thinks imo, not sure why he slots in as first ruck
Does anyone remember Reid??
Round 10 v Collingwood when he kicked 6 straight & 8 score involvements, 11 contested possessions, 6 contested marks, and played as the only tall forward while also playing as a second ruck (7 hit outs). It was a perfect full forwards game! Two games later against west coast also played as the second ruck and was a spare in defence and while playing as the second tall forward, he kicked 3 straight to compliment Buddys 5, opened up space for Paps to kick goals, he even gave space for Sinkers to get one!!

Yep agree Daniher (if fit) would've been great, but if Reid stays fit (and its looking that way), he could be a very good support for Buddy. Naismith stays fit and we've got a more than competitive ruck for the next few years

Does anyone remember Reid??
Round 10 v Collingwood when he kicked 6 straight & 8 score involvements, 11 contested possessions, 6 contested marks, and played as the only tall forward while also playing as a second ruck (7 hit outs). It was a perfect full forwards game! Two games later against west coast also played as the second ruck and was a spare in defence and while playing as the second tall forward, he kicked 3 straight to compliment Buddys 5, opened up space for Paps to kick goals, he even gave space for Sinkers to get one!!

Yep agree Daniher (if fit) would've been great, but if Reid stays fit (and its looking that way), he could be a very good support for Buddy. Naismith stays fit and we've got a more than competitive ruck for the next few years

Lol 1 good game out of 22
Reid sucks

Lol 1 good game out of 22
Reid sucks

I’d consider 6 goals an excellent game. One of his best.

Depends what your measure of a good game is then, certain 1 is pretty unfair...

On the basis of what Reid has produced across his career, I would consider:

1 excellent game (6 goals)
3 very good games (3 goals)
4 good games (2 goals)
5 average games (1 goal)
9 poor games (0 goals)

That’s based on scoring output alone.
In 6 of his poor games he had 4 or more tackles (so workrate was solid enough).
In 6 of his poor games he took 5 or more Marks (so he contributed as a link at the very worst).

He took 5 or more marks in 15/22 games.
He recorded at least 2 hitouts in all but 3 games.

I concede he is not a world beater, but based on his history he had a solid to good but not outstanding season.

Even Longmire who loves his little reidy boi gave him a whack this year about not being good

Article on swans or afl site
horse gave lots of players a serve last year and told them to step up.. hes the coach, its his job.
After that serving,, to his credit, Reid stepped up
make what ever you will of the stats, but 5 marks, 3 tackles, 6 hit outs and 1.3 goals each game is pretty good - especially considering he played a s spare in defence, a link man and a second ruck. Quite versatile. Also, hes missed 2 of the last 4 years.

horse gave lots of players a serve last year and told them to step up.. hes the coach, its his job.
After that serving,, to his credit, Reid stepped up
make what ever you will of the stats, but 5 marks, 3 tackles, 6 hit outs and 1.3 goals each game is pretty good - especially considering he played a s spare in defence, a link man and a second ruck. Quite versatile. Also, hes missed 2 of the last 4 years.

He’s at Roughead stat levels and he retired

Let’s get him to Sydney as a free agent then if that’s considered goo
He’s. Missed 2 of the last 4 years is an excuse now is it? When you say he is injured a lot people say that isn’t fair

Can’t have it both ways

Big money long contract player who has let us down more times than not

If he played for another club everyone here would bag the s**t out of him imo

He’s at Roughead stat levels and he retired

Let’s get him to Sydney as a free agent then if that’s considered goo
He’s. Missed 2 of the last 4 years is an excuse now is it? When you say he is injured a lot people say that isn’t fair

Can’t have it both ways

Big money long contract player who has let us down more times than not

If he played for another club everyone here would bag the s**t out of him imo
Hope he proves you wrong in 2020

It’s not an off-season without our players getting worse even though they aren’t played a game. It just goes back to what I used to say on here years ago. Some people are just negative people. But hey, we have to win.:rolleyes:

Reid was the KPF (mostly alone) in the 6th most effective forward line in the comp.

Naismith’s statistical influence has been proven over and over on here. No one has ever claimed he’s a Brownlow medal type. But our midfield functions better with him in the ruck and players like Grundy and Gawn are less effective against him.

Id have liked to have got Daniher but a forward setup with Reid, Franklin and Sinclair/McLean alongside Heeney, Hayward, and Papley looks pretty good to me.

Our best 22 according to this expert. If we ignore hype and look at what the players actually produce or will produce in years to come when we are next in the premiership window.

B: Rampe Allir Mills
HB: Dawson Mccartin Lloyd
C: Blakey Parker Taylor
HF: Hayward Franklin Reid
F: Papely Sinclair (SOMEONE)
R: Naismith Heeney Rowbottom
INT: Kennedy (very slow) Cunningham (c grader on a good day), Hewett (slow), (SOMEONE)

Fringe 22: Florent (cant kick, like horrifically bad kicking efficiency, has to be inside grunt clearance player or nothing), Ronke (forgotten what AFL footballing looks like), COR (shown late season glimpses).

Regarding the (SOMEONES) to be honest I'd play Ling sight unseen off the interchange/back pocket, we know what the rest produces and it is C grade on a good day or Thurlow/Clarke/Bell D grade on a good day. If Ling is fit have to get games into him. Also have to play our PICK 5 mid to get games into them. Its time to bite the bullet and understand that 2020 we are no chance at a premiership and its a development year. Florent if inside mid relief and not wing or half forward.

Will our coaches have the guts to move Kennedy/Parker/Hewett to forward line as we get cut to pieces in our mids, can we hide Kennedy/Hewett there in the forwards as games are won by locking it in inside f50? I dont think we should have Hewett/Kennedy/Parker playing identical roles in the same side.

Anyways these are my ramblings, think we need to understand 2020 will be the last year we see Kennedy and I think he's probably playing 1 year too many anyway but is contracted, expecting him to fall off the cliff quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

S
Our best 22 according to this expert. If we ignore hype and look at what the players actually produce or will produce in years to come when we are next in the premiership window.

INT: Kennedy (very slow) Cunningham (c grader on a good day), Hewett (slow), (SOMEONE)

Fringe 22: Florent (cant kick, like horrifically bad kicking efficiency, has to be inside grunt clearance player or nothing), Ronke (forgotten what AFL footballing looks like), COR (shown late season glimpses).

Regarding the (SOMEONES) to be honest I'd play Ling sight unseen off the interchange/back pocket, we know what the rest produces and it is C grade on a good day or Thurlow/Clarke/Bell D grade on a good day. If Ling is fit have to get games into him. Also have to play our PICK 5 mid to get games into them. Its time to bite the bullet and understand that 2020 we are no chance at a premiership and its a development year. Florent if inside mid relief and not wing or half forward.

Will our coaches have the guts to move Kennedy/Parker/Hewett to forward line as we get cut to pieces in our mids, can we hide Kennedy/Hewett there in the forwards as games are won by locking it in inside f50? I dont think we should have Hewett/Kennedy/Parker playing identical roles in the same side.

Anyways these are my ramblings, think we need to understand 2020 will be the last year we see Kennedy and I think he's probably playing 1 year too many anyway but is contracted, expecting him to fall off the cliff quickly.

SOMEONE gets in ahead of Florent?

Reid was the KPF (mostly alone) in the 6th most effective forward line in the comp.

Naismith’s statistical influence has been proven over and over on here. No one has ever claimed he’s a Brownlow medal type. But our midfield functions better with him in the ruck and players like Grundy and Gawn are less effective against him.

Id have liked to have got Daniher but a forward setup with Reid, Franklin and Sinclair/McLean alongside Heeney, Hayward, and Papley looks pretty good to me.

Reid struggled to get a goal a week outside his pies game, clutching at straws with crediting him for forward line efficiency, up there with the space he creates for others

Naismiths statistical influence? hes played how many games? whats been proven, ? the answer is nothing

Reid is on our list. With the players available he is best 22.

Rather than whinge about whether he is good or not I just deal with the above facts. It is what it is.

why? his performance or lack there off is a topic for discussion

and his spot in the best 22 is not set in stone in the opinion of many, well not the people here, but the general footy community and media, like Lloyd etc

and his spot in the best 22 is not set in stone in the opinion of many, well not the people here, but the general footy community and media, like Lloyd etc
It’s hardly the first time you’ve called him no good. I reckon you bring his name up as much if not more than anyone here... to say he is s**t constantly...

His performance is fine if you forget how much he was built up when he was a young player that didn’t meet those lofty expectations.

Nothing is set in stone. I bet the coaches think he is best 22 when fit though, and that’s more important than you, I or the media when considering whether he will be selected.

He isn’t a superstar. He is solid enough. We don’t have anyone on our list that will do a better job.

I'm excited simply for the fact that if Ollie Florent isnt in our best 22 moving forward then we must have a very strong team and be on the verge of a flag.

He is a weird one to read ol' Reidy.
Plays like a bloke who knows his size and strength when taking a contested mark but looks terrified and generally avoids player-on-player contact when in possession in traffic. He also telegraphs where his hand passes are headed.
He possibly comes under more scrutiny because the thinking is he's on good coin, plus he seems to play his best in a contract year. But I was impressed by the improvement in his kicking this year. Let's hope he becomes the full package next season.

JPK was BOG his last match...settle down

We get it, you don’t rate Reid, and nothing anyone says will change your view. The sheer quantity of your negativity towards him has you sounding nasty and mean

We get it, you don’t rate Reid, and nothing anyone says will change your view. The sheer quantity of your negativity towards him has you sounding nasty and mean

Boo hoo its a professional sport

Im just discussing the facts of his performance , people act like the players are in here reading and crying about it, sounds nasty and mean? give me a spell, its a discussion on best 22, on that basis every player people leave out are being treated meanly on here,

these are very highly paid elite sportsmen, i dont give a s**t if it sounds mean

I think the constant defence of him, promotion of his skills, suggestions of how good he is is blind and pathetic, so each to their own.

so much rubbish is made up about a guy who doesn't perform. Has the skills, has the body, but rarely delivers

What will change my view is some actual performances that warrant the love he gets, otherwise id rather develop someone else who might assist the side in winning

JPK was BOG his last match...settle down

and pretty much B grade the rest of the year... I would fully support Horse not routinely starting with George, JPK and Parker at centre bounces. They are all slow or slowish.

I like the idea of rarely having more than two of the three in for centre clearances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back