EDFL Div 1 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 12, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Again your assuming if Ferris is on 600 I bet you Nabbout on 1k and other APW player on 800+ like you said why else leave unless there is big coin. Vendramini probably on 5-600 also he’s a great signing for west meadows.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
i heard big ferris is mates with the new west coach and wanted to play under him before he hangs up the boots so he might not be on the coin everyone thinks

Swans15

Senior List
Jun 4, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
I do understand where your coming from and $$ is definitely there in this game however to build a solid platform you must “try” hard to take a stance and pay players what they are a actually worth (plus extra for travel, leadership skills etc) and remember after all it’s div1 level. Plus keep a bank for if you win it as then it steps up a whole new level.

You mentioned Davies and yes his a very good player who I would rate higher than Nabbout however not sure his worth that type of $$ either. If he is then what is a player like Flynn worth.
Imo >1k is only for marquee players who have played VFL or they are a top 6 player at premier or equivalent.
Plus it can be a specific player you need so that might come down to enticing them with extra $$.
*whats a top CHB or Full back worth? Very important position in div1. Maybe they don’t get recognition they deserve but if they are good then they are worth gold.
*maybe a quality FF is better than having 2 tall deep options on good coin. And it’s cheaper. Example FF = $800 compared to 2 x tall deep forwards on say $600 each.

Anyway it’s not an easy job recruiting or coaching so it’s very subjective I know and
Turbo the EDFL might have to put up the salary cap up for div 1 clubs are spending plenty

Jan 12, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
So is it the coach that’s allowed him to get some good coin before he hangs them up. 🤔🤔🤔
Turbo as i said in my quote he may not be on as much as everyone is talking about,When any wages are tossed up here on big footy its conjecture only as like your own personal wage you don't go blabbing it around to everyone and neither are the clubs likely to do it either .
If was to get out before the paper work is lodge the player might say stuff you and look elsewhere due to the fact of lack of confidentiality would show its a poor run club and why would he want to be there .

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Turbo as i said in my quote he may not be on as much as everyone is talking about,When any wages are tossed up here on big footy its conjecture only as like your own personal wage you don't go blabbing it around to everyone and neither are the clubs likely to do it either .
If was to get out before the paper work is lodge the player might say stuff you and look elsewhere due to the fact of lack of confidentiality would show its a poor run club and why would he want to be there .

It’s not the incoming club that talks mate. Anyway let’s see how it pans out just think for a club that was top 4 last season and apparently a “destination club” looking to improve its a strange decision to go for an older type.

Jan 12, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
It’s not the incoming club that talks mate. Anyway let’s see how it pans out just think for a club that was top 4 last season and apparently a “destination club” looking to improve its a strange decision to go for an older type.
i sort of agree with you Turbo about the old club talking out of school however it would not be the first time a player has gone to his present club claiming another club are willing to pay him a $ figure trying to get a pay rise how many points will the big fella go across with

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is he worth 5 points

Yep think so. Definitely min 4 points. But might be an extra point depending on how many clubs his had. Pretty sure he was only at Roxy for 1 year so that would mean his 5 points. Westy could be struggling with points as well as a few 5 point players.

Edfl fix

Draftee
Oct 23, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yep think so. Definitely min 4 points. But might be an extra point depending on how many clubs his had. Pretty sure he was only at Roxy for 1 year so that would mean his 5 points. Westy could be struggling with points as well as a few 5 point players.
Big Ferris is a 4 pointer has been at Roxy for more than one year .
Westy have 10 or 11 guys that will go down a point so that will free up some space and could lose a player or two like most clubs.
Lakes will be similar Rose and Harding alone will be 8 or 9 points and they played close to 47 all year. Hearing Vista talking to a few clubs as usual and may go . Losing good one pointers hurts.
None of us will know until clearances open or even round one when we see what the coach’s plans are for certain players.
It’s definitely a changing landscape with teams recruiting over points and making players accountable for there games.

Potato Chops

Senior List
Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
When does the transfer period open? Curious to see whose going where

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The same day that all monies need to be finalised with the EDFL. I’m hearing a couple of big names are in amongst the clubs owing.
East Keilor being one of them.
Maybe their whole club might be starting on -4 points.
Maybe the karma train is in town .

Last edited:

Biggest Choker

Senior List
Oct 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
I have just read the best quotes of the season from the Tulla president in the local paper"Some key members of the senior side played for FREE in 2019" " We overachieve for what we have got and i think it's down to a good culture" I stopped reading the rest of the article after these comments.

Oldtimesceptic

Senior List
Apr 9, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
I have just read the best quotes of the season from the Tulla president in the local paper"Some key members of the senior side played for FREE in 2019" " We overachieve for what we have got and i think it's down to a good culture" I stopped reading the rest of the article after these comments.
I reckon he would be correct and good luck to them. Some players do that. (although rare)

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

I agree very funny 😂😂😂😂

Potato Chops

Senior List
Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I reckon he would be correct and good luck to them. Some players do that. (although rare)

Are you fair dinkum you galah. Key members playing for nothing !! And you believe it .
The only thing missing from this ridiculous statement by the Tulla President was " Once upon a time ,

Debutant
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
The same day that all monies need to be finalised with the EDFL. I’m hearing a couple of big names are in amongst the clubs owing.
East Keilor being one of them.
Maybe their whole club might be starting on -4 points.
Maybe the karma train is in town .
wrong again !

topheavy

Debutant
Jun 22, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Are you fair dinkum you galah. Key members playing for nothing !! And you believe it .
The only thing missing from this ridiculous statement by the Tulla President was " Once upon a time ,
Some of the senior players are playing for nothing at Tullamarine. Very good players. True story. I don’t expect bigfooty posters to believe it but I felt obligated to back up the comments of the president. Tullamarine players want success and they have been searching for it since 2003. So they are happy to play for nothing if it means possibly getting some quality players to the club as we know they don’t come cheap.

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Some of the senior players are playing for nothing at Tullamarine. Very good players. True story. I don’t expect bigfooty posters to believe it but I felt obligated to back up the comments of the president. Tullamarine players want success and they have been searching for it since 2003. So they are happy to play for nothing if it means possibly getting some quality players to the club as we know they don’t come cheap.

Yes some players probably are playing for nothing but not the top echelon of players there. There recruits are on decent coin and if you think otherwise your in fantasy land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back