Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2007
Burbs
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Under 19's and reserves
Melbourne sucks balls, take me to Yarrawonga for a simple life without the traffic and road rage, overpriced beers and general utensil heads.
Footy and pub rock is all this town has to offer, everything else can get stuffed, coffee / cafe culture pfffft.

I’ve been having the same problem with our pool and ducks. I just got a couple of plastic owls from Bunnings - one a solar powered hooting one - and some of that anti-duck surfactant stuff. Seems to be working so far. So if you’ve tried those I don’t have any other suggestions, apart from maybe getting an inflatable crocodile and having it in there permanently.
We have literally tried the same trail of solutions as you Robbie.
Two owls, repellent and the crocodile head has become the ducks favorite pool toy 🤷🏻‍♂️

We had a friend come take the ducks to his farm so fingers crossed relocation works

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We have literally tried the same trail of solutions as you Robbie.
Two owls, repellent and the crocodile head has become the ducks favorite pool toy 🤷🏻‍♂️

We had a friend come take the ducks to his farm so fingers crossed relocation works

Just eat the *ers.

Buy her neighbour a pool, make it a nice one with some plants and shade and whatever ducks like.
This won’t work. Ducks are territorial and the pool is a nesting ground.
It’ll literally invite the male to utilize both pools

Have just returned home from having my completely stuffed left hip removed and replaced by a brand new super duper Titanium version, was on waiting list for 11 months, so glad it is now out of the way. Any other brothers/sisters of my vintage have any good tips Re. rehab etc, all will be gratefully received, by PM if felt necessary.

One funny story I have to tell is that having nothing to do in hospital except listen to SEN all day, I had the weirdest (almost certainly drug induced) nightmare that we recruited Hayden Ballantyne as a small forward option :'(

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
One funny story I have to tell is that having nothing to do in hospital except listen to SEN all day, I had the weirdest (almost certainly drug induced) nightmare that we recruited Hayden Ballantyne as a small forward option :'(
stranger things have happened,
5405060-limpiador-de-hornos-razzfazz.jpg

tazaa - have you tried a pool cover? I'm unsure how effective they are at keeping ducks out but they reduce evaporation.
No can do.
The pool has pillars so a cover would be impossible to create or purchase due to the specific cut and measurements.

No can do.
The pool has pillars so a cover would be impossible to create or purchase due to the specific cut and measurements.

Have been contemplating the problem too, cargo net?
Maybe they will get caught (safely)

Have just returned home from having my completely stuffed left hip removed and replaced by a brand new super duper Titanium version, was on waiting list for 11 months, so glad it is now out of the way. Any other brothers/sisters of my vintage have any good tips Re. rehab etc, all will be gratefully received, by PM if felt necessary.

My mother had her hip done at the start of this year, going for the other joint beginning of next year, made a 200% recovery, honestly hasn’t moved better in years

Wish you luck with your recovery muttley45

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
No can do.

You can get them cut to measurement

And Pillars?

Wtf is it a marble Greek style looking pool?

Have been contemplating the problem too, cargo net?
Maybe they will get caught (safely)
You can get them cut to measurement

And Pillars?

Wtf is it a marble Greek style looking pool?
Melbourne’s outer east has some big backyards.
The cargo net wouldn’t ‘fit in’ I would assume in terms of the design.

Again I think continual relocation is the only option here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back