Football (Round Ball) Thread...

Remove this Banner Ad

First game for us, looks a class above.
Reminds me of Mata, lost pace but everything slows down around him.

Imagine Kurz with McGree and Troisi last year.
Instead of Goodwin and Isaias ??

Nice attempt but you're gonna have to do better than that.

Isaias was mediocre last year.
Goodwin was quality, but McGree is the game changer.
Isaias finished 4th in the league medal......

Let's not re-write history just to satisfy your Kurz desires.

Job done.

Good attacking game of football..... but we can and will improve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Troisi > Goodwin

McGree> Isaias.

Better squad this season. Anything less than a GF apprerance is a failure.
LOL you've gotta be kidding me. Have you seen Sydney and Perths squads ??

We have one of the youngest squads in the league littered with talented locals, our striker and holding mids are 19yo kids and we have no back-up CB at this stage.

We've even wasted a visa spot on a Chinese kid that won't play.

If we make a GF this year we will have performed a minor miracle

Troisi > Goodwin

McGree> Isaias.

Lol, Goodwin is a gun & whilst a different player to Troisi, is now better as in his prime.

The difference with our squad is we have injected more pace & we look far more dangerous on the counter.

Whilst Marone is doing a great job as a central defender, we lack height at the back & vulnerable with corners.

Good to see the kids playing well.

Looked far better balanced in the 2nd half, but I appreciate the players needed to be managed with the game midweek.

Troisi > Goodwin

McGree> Isaias.

I would say marginally better squad. Goodwin and Isaias hard to replace. Troisi had a good match today. I am worried by a few of the O/S players, Opsetg who was poor today, Boland wont play too many games and the Chinese player is an unknown.

LOL you've gotta be kidding me. Have you seen Sydney and Perths squads ??

We have one of the youngest squads in the league littered with talented locals, our striker and holding mids are 19yo kids and we have no back-up CB at this stage.

We've even wasted a visa spot on a Chinese kid that won't play.

If we make a GF this year we will have performed a minor miracle

we were 1 penaulty away from a GF last season and in my opinion this seasons sqaud is better.
Kurz got the sack remember for not making the GF..

we were 1 penaulty away from a GF last season and in my opinion this seasons sqaud is better.
Kurz got the sack remember for not making the GF..
He sacked himself

Kurz was going to be sacked regardless of what happened last season, the board and him were at odds, he wanted them to buy more players...better playes. The owners wanted to develop the youth to sell them on the transfer market to make coin.

Mcgree is amazing so glad he is back playing for us. Loved his little dig at City when he was asked why he came home and hes said 'because i want to win trophies'

Kurz was going to be sacked regardless of what happened last season, the board and him were at odds, he wanted them to buy more players...better playes. The owners wanted to develop the youth to sell them on the transfer market to make coin.

Mcgree is amazing so glad he is back playing for us. Loved his little dig at City when he was asked why he came home and hes said 'because i want to win trophies'
Kurz would still be there if he bought in to what they wanted to do, he didn't. He never went to youth league games, didn't really want them playing first team football and didn't trust them.

What you fail to realise is this is what the A League is about, we are there to develop the next generation. Gombau and Amor did it while still winning trophies.

The style of football we are playing now is so much better, and despite what FAITH says we are doing it with a younger, more local and on paper inferior squad.

It's exciting

It's best if you're not here, like the footy content you don't bring anything of value

Remove this Banner Ad

Back