News Swans Talk in the Media 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, she was very good. I thought I read somewhere that she’s actually a Swans fan.

I wonder why she got the push.
Doesn't fit the boys club mould

Agreed, she was very good. I thought I read somewhere that she’s actually a Swans fan.

I wonder why she got the push.

Dockers

But sucks she’s gone

Surely seven will snap her up

Fox Footy has given Neroli Meadows the arse , terrible decision as she is just about the best female in the footy media. Always smiling and made the guests feel comfortable . I know it's not Swans , but she has interviewed quite a few Swans.
That's a disgrace. Easily one of the most comfortable performers when interviewing players.

Swans getting it in the neck. Why wasn't Deluca from Carlton the headline?

Edit: I know Deluca is mature age and been in the system already. He was the number one pick in the mid-season though.

Last edited:
Shame really. I liked how Cody went about his footy. I hope he gets another chance somewhere.

The youngster was another victim of Sydney's controversial Telstra AFL Trade Period, where its inability to lure Joe Daniher meant that forward Tom Papley stayed put.

Isn't all this increased player movement about becoming more like the US sports which are even more cutthroat? The Swans have a responsibility to build the best list possible, not hand out contracts to everyone that would feel bad if they got cut. It sucks for Hirst but I'm glad the Swans used a 2nd round mid-year pick with a 6 month commitment rather than a national draft pick with a 2 year commitment. It's surely better for Hirst to not be rotting in a system for 2 years where they don't rate him, hopefully he can find a spot at a team where fits in and gets more opportunities

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see the connection with the Daniher trade. If that had gone through Papley would have gone and it would have been tall forward in, small forward out and Cody Hirst still surplus to requirements.

I don't see the connection with the Daniher trade. If that had gone through Papley would have gone and it would have been tall forward in, small forward out and Cody Hirst still surplus to requirements.

The Melbourne media are just annoyed we didn't give into Essendon's ridiculous demands

In regard to Bennell, Swans have apparently done the most due diligence

The Vic media are trying desperately to portray us as a dastardly club who has treated Cody Hirst badly but there was nothing in that interview from Cody to suggest he wasn't aware of his position at the club. We would have made him very aware during the trade period, if not before, that he was recruited as a Papley replacement & there were no guarantees that we would keep him on the list. He also knew it was a 6 month contract.
Cry me a river Vic media. It's really starting to become so obvious with everything we do & how they choose to be dramatise each event we are involved in now.
The "poor kid" was given the opportunity to be an AFL player well before any other club knew anything about him. He can now be picked up as a delisted free agent. Now an average Joe like me wasn't aware of that but NOT ONE AFL 'journo' had the knowledge or had done any research that this was the case & it's all there in writing as proof that they are mostly all incompetent to be writing about AFL. They have no more qualifications than any of us do on here where we are learning about things as we post.

Fox Footy has given Neroli Meadows the arse , terrible decision as she is just about the best female in the footy media. Always smiling and made the guests feel comfortable . I know it's not Swans , but she has interviewed quite a few Swans.
I can’t believe they sacked her. What a rubbish decision

Isn't all this increased player movement about becoming more like the US sports which are even more cutthroat? The Swans have a responsibility to build the best list possible, not hand out contracts to everyone that would feel bad if they got cut. It sucks for Hirst but I'm glad the Swans used a 2nd round mid-year pick with a 6 month commitment rather than a national draft pick with a 2 year commitment. It's surely better for Hirst to not be rotting in a system for 2 years where they don't rate him, hopefully he can find a spot at a team where fits in and gets more opportunities
From thr games I saw him play, all on stream, I thought him a bit inconsistent. He could be an absolute star one match and then hardly sighted the next week. He showed he had plenty of ability but he needs to get consistency into his reportiore

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

From thr games I saw him play, all on stream, I thought him a bit inconsistent. He could be an absolute star one match and then hardly sighted the next week. He showed he had plenty of ability but he needs to get consistency into his reportiore

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app
Which swans player are you describing there Wolfie? It could be ******* anyone of them when you say it like that!

According to Barrett the Swans had no prior knowledge Danniher was going to nominate us.
Don’t know what happened to ‘what happens ..... stays private’ among players. Tomlinson and his ‘trout mouth’ mates are grubs.

Hahahahahaha. Nice segue😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back