jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
You've lost me now.

You yourself said the fans treat the players poorly, you're now questioning why I thought it was poor.

Make up your mind.
I said they have in the past.

But in this case I don't think they are because Xhaka has been a poor performer who has then sooked when his manager subbed him off

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
This is arsenal fans to the last letter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe they expect a bit of professionalism and awareness from someone making millions a year from their own pockets

Xhaka telling the fans to “* off”shows Exactly his Biggest problem, doesn’t think at all in the moment and makes poor decisions.

Players lap up the adulation when their names are sung from the terraces but can’t take it when the very same terraces sound their criticisms.

Maybe they expect a bit of professionalism and awareness from someone making millions a year from their own pockets

Xhaka telling the fans to “fu** off”shows Exactly his Biggest problem, doesn’t think at all in the moment and makes poor decisions.

Players lap up the adulation when their names are sung from the terraces but can’t take it when the very same terraces sound their criticisms.
Person doesn't appreciate abuse in their workplace. Well I never.

I didn't realize my boss should be allowed to swear and yell at me because they pay me.

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
It's a buildup of xhaka being bang average or worse, costing us games numerous times because of his stupidity, for the the whole time he's been at arsenal, he's simply not good enough to be playing for that club.

I think the boo's were directed at both emery and xhaka, xhaka is epitomising what's wrong with arsenal atm, emery has appointed him captain and he plays week in week out when form doesn't warrant it.

Xhaka couldn't of handled that situation much worse and just further illustrates why he should never have been made captain in the first place.

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
It's a buildup of xhaka being bang average or worse, costing us games numerous times because of his stupidity, for the the whole time he's been at arsenal, he's simply not good enough to be playing for that club.

I think the boo's were directed at both emery and xhaka, xhaka is epitomising what's wrong with arsenal atm, emery has appointed him captain and he plays week in week out when form doesn't warrant it.

Xhaka couldn't of handled that situation much worse and just further illustrates why he should never have been made captain in the first place.
Didn't the playing group appoint him captain? That's usually a good indication they rate him and want him out there. Emery's sort of stuck between a rock and a hard place with this one.

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Didn't the playing group appoint him captain? That's usually a good indication they rate him and want him out there. Emery's sort of stuck between a rock and a hard place with this one.
Agreed, but you could argue that emery should have appointed the captain himself because the buck stops with him on this issue anyway, he had to have known the rumblings from the supporters about xhaka.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
This thread is one for the ages. WR v Jod. Random Heysel meltdowns. Spurs v Liverpool. Arsenal fans/Arsenal empathisers v Xhaka defenders/booing defenders.

And plus the return of SM v Cruyff.

931663.jpg

In your professional opinion would you say the thread is going beautifully?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To me Arsenal fans are right to boo Xhaka, he also took ages to come off when the score was 2-2 and they were chasing a goal.

Also note Soton fans booed their whole team at half time and full time in the 9-0 home loss. Instead of the players giving it back to the fans, they donated their wages to charity.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
To me Arsenal fans are right to boo Xhaka, he also took ages to come off when the score was 2-2 and they were chasing a goal.

Also note Soton fans booed their whole team at half time and full time in the 9-0 home loss. Instead of the players giving it back to the fans, they donated their wages to charity.
Well said

Comparing booing a captain to a team that was losing 5-0 is.. Something.

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Comparing booing a captain to a team that was losing 5-0 is.. Something.

So were the Soton fans abusing their players? Including their captain...are you ok with the entire team being booed?

or is it only abuse when it’s a single player? Keep in mind that the entire Arsenal team was booed at the end of the game. It wasn’t just Xhaka being booed then it stopped.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
It's all relative. Arsenal throwing away a two goal home lead and 5 nil down for Southampton aren't that different in anger levels

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
People will always act differently to their teams

I've always questioned how there's those nuff nuffs who clap teams off walking down the race after a 10 goal defeat in the AFL. Seems like we have a few of them on here. That's the way they want to support them regardless of how they played which whilst I don't agree with they've got every right to do so.

So were the Soton fans abusing their players? Including their captain...are you ok with the entire team being booed?

or is it only abuse when it’s a single player? Keep in mind that the entire Arsenal team was booed at the end of the game. It wasn’t just Xhaka being booed then it stopped.
I'm OK with fans showing their displeasure in a team's performance, absolutely. To get upset when the constant abuse of their captain is reciprocated is beyond precious.

But hey its only Xhaka who has been treated like s**t by arsenal fans, no previous captains..

The message is the same. Lift your game.
He was being subbed off. Did they want him to put extra effort into his warm down drills? He'd provided an assist for one of arsenals goals as well.

He was being subbed off. Did they want him to put extra effort into his warm down drills? He'd provided an assist for one of arsenals goals as well.
The season isn't over, lift your game next time. Similar to Soton fans booing after the final whistle.

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
I'm OK with fans showing their displeasure in a team's performance, absolutely. To get upset when the constant abuse of their captain is reciprocated is beyond precious.

But hey its only Xhaka who has been treated like s**t by arsenal fans, no previous captains..

why are you so hung up on the fact that he’s the captain? It doesn’t make him immune to criticism.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back