Insightful Media Coverage

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Can you give a summation of the article?
I glanced at it in a cafe (in the hardcopy paper). It was a puff piece for building houses in cambodia, had about two sentances from Ainsworth saying how he felt he'd gone backwards as he didn't play AFL in 2018. He's set for a big pre-season etc etc. Same garbage that all fringe players will say - the proof will be in the pudding.

Unless his kicking and body shape improves more than anyone else in history during a single preseason.

Well anyone who wasn't at Essendon anyway

Mar 1, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
I thought Ainsworth was serviceable in his 3 games last year. IIRC he was only picked due to injury.

I didn't watch much WAFL so dont know how he went at that level compared to last year. But it's not as if any other mid depth clearly went past him. We just had a pretty healthy first choice midfield in 2019.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I thought Ainsworth was serviceable in his 3 games last year. IIRC he was only picked due to injury.

I didn't watch much WAFL so dont know how he went at that level compared to last year. But it's not as if any other mid depth clearly went past him. We just had a pretty healthy first choice midfield in 2019.
Saw him a couple of times this year in wafl games. It’s not just his kicking that’s wayward IMO.

He’s not really even an inside bull either. He seemed to be playing that first receiver role. He’s got fairly clean hands but just doesn’t really have any great attributes

Bestbird

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Podcasts solve the SEN ad problem. Just skip the first 30 seconds 👍

Not that it is worth a listen during horse racing season. Listening to Whateley bang on about horses is a sickening thought.
Same, only listen to SEN via Podcast due to adverts, not so much during the footy off season

Back