Good Friday 2020 - North Melbourne v Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

As long as they keep it one opponent.

Why are WE the only club that gets its blockbuster screwed around with like this?

We also have to demonstrate endless promotion of it, put on a show and justify its charitable merits each year.

I take the Richmond & Carlton annual opener and Melbourne's little Queen's Birthday money spinner are reviewed in a similar way each season?

Peter Gordon will want it as a dogs home game next. I hope those bastards pull finger on the promotional side this time round.

The Edmunds article says we were "handed" the gig.

As if its a gift we did nothing to earn and don't deserve.

Peter Gordon will want it as a dogs home game next. I hope those bastards pull finger on the promotional side this time round.
And after that we'll want your entire supporter base to merge.

Give it a break man, we are happy enough being the away team.

Lol. I guess * can console themselves with inking their team was just too good for it to be an entertaining contest.

Leave it with Western now. Best option and it should be allowed to grow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbh I'd prefer playing the Dogs early
We should play them twice every year. Feel like we've had a good rivalry going over the past decade, a lot of close matches with a genuine animosity. Both small clubs in the same general area of Melbourne. Now they've got a second flag and a list with a genuine shot at a third they're on their way to being spoken about in the same breath as us too. The AFL won't realise this but they've got a great opportunity to build two crowd-drawing fixtures that will help even up the competition in terms of stadium revenue and media attention. Their next great idea will probably be a Carlton vs Collingwood permanent round 2 fixture celebrating the autumn solstice.

By this stage of the season, if we start well v Saints and Brisbane, a good performance will be extremely valuable to the club for recruiting too, I want to see us establish "our" brand of footy right from the get go, and bring it consistently, anywhere, anytime, v anyone, go Roo's

By this stage of the season, if we start well v Saints and Brisbane, a good performance will be extremely valuable to the club for recruiting too, I want to see us establish "our" brand of footy right from the get go, and bring it consistently, anywhere, anytime, v anyone, go Roo's
I know it didn't work the first time but I still think this could work: bash Bont.

Wasn't it Jay Clark just a day or two ago saying it was North Vs Essendon? Dick.

I know what you mean, but my mail is that since the *peptide *pushers got involved out there at *essendon, several of those involved, either no longer have, or now have severely malformed appendages. So sad.

Just lock this in as a repeat fixture.

Although I am slightly cynical after Ballarat. I could also see them having it as North vs Dogs for 3 years and then ousting us.

Before it then falls apart after 2 years with Dogs v Sts and no one showing up or donating to the GFA.

Just on SEN- Sam Edmund has said Western Bulldogs have been reinstated as North Melbourne's opponent for Good Friday in 2020.
On a side note, mate, how can you be supporting Juve and Torino at the same time? Isn't it like supporting North and Essendon?

On a side note, mate, how can you be supporting Juve and Torino at the same time? Isn't it like supporting North and Essendon?

I've given up on Juve, their heads to far up their a**ses. To interested in buying foreigners instead of concentrating on their own.
Torino are working class and frustrating just like North. ;-)

Interesting decision, this could mean * are going to be given the new Thursday Blockbuster Sheeds has been begging for. Hope they get nothing although I would have preferred a chance to redeem ourselves.

Making this a regular North v Bulldogs Game on the other hand just makes more logical sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back