Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

(tangent)- Can't recall a situation like Joyce before? The bloke has been given a very long notice period and is still seemingly involved with strategic decisions and communications.

He doesn’t have to actually be there for the media to ascribe quotes to him.

I do media sometimes. People make stuff up and put my name to it often to make articles seem more engaging. That’s an indication of how boring they are.

No no no.. put this guy in cotton wool until pre season.. Bubble wrap too if we must. Too important for us going forward, he is a jet!!!!

Had a weird thought - well, more like a vision, you know when you just see a scene pop into your head out of nowhere. Anyways, I saw Bailey as our tagger in a couple years. This thought was prompted by a prior vision (well, memory that is) of just how determined Benny J was when he was tagging. It used to kind of crack me up I remember, watching, cos every single screen shot of his opponent, he'd be there, right behind, following at whatever pace reflected theirs...just this constant presence. And he always looked so casual about it too. Sort of like when you take the dog for a walk and the cat follows you, but pretends it's not. It must have driven them bonkers.

Anyways, the comparison, who of our players has shown that sort of ruthless tenacity of just lock down on your opponent until they're done? That do not sway, laser-sights focus? Bailey is the one who immediately springs to mind. Even though he's only played a handful of games for us, and yes, he's got a ways to go yet for sure in building endurance, I think he's got the appropriate hard-wiring for the job. Not that he'd have to play this role in every match of course, so we wouldn't have to sacrifice his speed and tenacity on the wing..but if we needed one..

Thoughts? Am I completely nuts?

Really can't wait to see Bailey back in our side though. Him and Will Walker. They each bring so much, even though we've only been teased with little glimpses of it.

Had a weird thought - well, more like a vision, you know when you just see a scene pop into your head out of nowhere. Anyways, I saw Bailey as our tagger in a couple years. This thought was prompted by a prior vision (well, memory that is) of just how determined Benny J was when he was tagging. It used to kind of crack me up I remember, watching, cos every single screen shot of his opponent, he'd be there, right behind, following at whatever pace reflected theirs...just this constant presence. And he always looked so casual about it too. Sort of like when you take the dog for a walk and the cat follows you, but pretends it's not. It must have driven them bonkers.

Anyways, the comparison, who of our players has shown that sort of ruthless tenacity of just lock down on your opponent until they're done? That do not sway, laser-sights focus? Bailey is the one who immediately springs to mind. Even though he's only played a handful of games for us, and yes, he's got a ways to go yet for sure in building endurance, I think he's got the appropriate hard-wiring for the job. Not that he'd have to play this role in every match of course, so we wouldn't have to sacrifice his speed and tenacity on the wing..but if we needed one..

Thoughts? Am I completely nuts?

Really can't wait to see Bailey back in our side though. Him and Will Walker. They each bring so much, even though we've only been teased with little glimpses of it.

Was a great apprenticeship for Stevens and Simpson so why not?

I think Bailey could play that run with role and thrive off the contest as well. Not so much tagging as running with the oppositions best player and beating them at the contests wherever possible tackling them when its not. To me that's how Jacobs plays as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm really impressed by Bailey's honouring of the Shinboner tradition and his own family legacy after deciding to come to after working we were the club most conveniently located for his study.

“‘Rat’ promised it (the number 8) to me if I picked North (before being drafted),” he revealed.
“I’m sure my old man, ‘Wellsy’ and ‘Rat’ will be very happy to see me in it.”

Nathan Hrovat, what a legend.
I’m happy he’s hanging around the football club.

I'm really impressed by Bailey's honouring of the Shinboner tradition and his own family legacy after deciding to come to after working we were the club most conveniently located for his study.

Imagine if Geelong or Queensland had any tertiary education options.

I’m happy he’s hanging around the football club.

I heard him a few weeks back on SEN I think with Jack Heverin, plus when he spoke after being delisted. I love his perspective on the game and life and I think he would be terrific to have around the club.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I heard him a few weeks back on SEN I think with Jack Heverin, plus when he spoke after being delisted. I love his perspective on the game and life and I think he would be terrific to have around the club.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Hrovat is a very humble man and a team first player. Like others I'm very happy he is sticking around. If he is the first person our young blokes encounter when they come to the club then we are in good shape.

70979714_1747420872060654_865710786797827131_n-jpg.774212

Remove this Banner Ad

Back