Genesis67

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yankees, N'Orleans Saints, Arsenal
What the hell did the Cats do to Kay? Been awesome since he came over.
Honestly, when Norton and Kay were signed, I was "WTF Cats!?!?!?!"

I owe both of them and the entire Wildcats staff an apology, which I give willingly.

If there aren't NBA scouts taking note of Kay while they're here looking at others, I'll be flabbergasted.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
Not sure why (probably the nose?) or how much truth there is to it, but it was mentioned that he might be done for the year during the game.
yep they said nose, must have done some sinus damage or something, as I can't imagine just a broken nose ruling someone out for that long

Oct 5, 2007
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
What the hell is going on with Long’s shorts. It’s far too similar to this

21515E4D-3F6F-460E-B2AF-85A746D04D8C.jpeg

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
United are abysmal for the talent on their list. I counted at least four missed layups that were almost uncontested, throwing the ball away and generally being way too loose with the ball.

54 points in last three quarters, barely over 50% from the line, gifting offensive rebounds to Cairns through weak defence. If Long wasn’t there they’d have been done by 30+.

My 7 year old will be asking for a Phoenix guernsey and chucking his Goulding one out soon and I can’t say I’d blame him.

BG__

Club Legend
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
United is in shambles right now, lucky to not be 0-5. Casey Prather being out is no excuse either. Even without Prather the amount of firepower United has on paper should be enough to win most games.

The balance is just wrong though with the roster, too many offensive stars trying to play with 1 ball, and not many wanting to play good D.

Last time Melbourne was stacked a couple of years ago they actually played better when Prather was out injured and replaced by more of a role player in Carrick Felix. Prather coming back could even make things worse.

Oct 5, 2007
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
United is in shambles right now, lucky to not be 0-5. Casey Prather being out is no excuse either. Even without Prather the amount of firepower United has on paper should be enough to win most games.

The balance is just wrong though with the roster, too many offensive stars trying to play with 1 ball, and not many wanting to play good D.

Last time Melbourne was stacked a couple of years ago they actually played better when Prather was out injured and replaced by more of a role player in Carrick Felix. Prather coming back could even make things worse.

They need a pass first point guard, who is solid on D. I was lamenting that Emmett Naar was rotting behind Brooks and Ball at the Hawks, he would suit United’s roster this season.

I agree that their balance is all out.

Genesis67

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cairns are going to be that team that don't make finals themselves, but have a lot of say on who does. They'll wreck a season or two this year.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Steindl is that rare sharpshooter who cant shoot. ******* useless.

I watched him do his warm up before one of last year's finals. He was out there by himself (with trainer) and I happened to be close to that end of the court. He went from one corner around the arc to the top of the key then around to the corner again shooting 3 after 3 from the line and from a foot or so back from the line. Must've taken 30, 40, 50 shots and made a lot of them.

And then 20 minutes later the game started.... :|

Genesis67

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I watched him do his warm up before one of last year's finals. He was out there by himself (with trainer) and I happened to be close to that end of the court. He went from one corner around the arc to the top of the key then around to the corner again shooting 3 after 3 from the line and from a foot or so back from the line. Must've taken 30, 40, 50 shots and made a lot of them.

And then 20 minutes later the game started.... :|
I don't think he's ever found his confidence to 'be free' at the Wildcats. Elsewhere, he's had a license to shoot a bazillion shots a game if he wants to. Not so much at Perth.

DerWayne the worst commentator. Completely infatuated with Ball and just talks dribble for half the game.

I have been wondering, since catching some nbl games on foxtel.... why do the commentators call everything. EVERY pass, touch etc. I dont believe it happens in NBA broadcasts.

ive quoted oscarmans post as it prompted me to post this

Anthony Hudson was calling the NBL on Saturday, and was excellent. Interestingly all games in Australia are commentated from Melbourne so Derwayne does not have to travel to infect our TVs.

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
I have been wondering, since catching some nbl games on foxtel.... why do the commentators call everything. EVERY pass, touch etc. I dont believe it happens in NBA broadcasts.
My guess would be because DerWayne and Huddo's background is calling football where there is time to call everything because kick to mark can be a few seconds whereas in basketball in a few second everyone on the team can touch it

BG__

Club Legend
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
DerWayne the worst commentator. Completely infatuated with Ball and just talks dribble for half the game.

ive quoted oscarmans post as it prompted me to post this
I've seen a lot of Americans commenting on highlight videos about how much they love the commentating (Dwayne) and think he's amazing :sick:

He does actually feel like the kind of guy Americans would love though. Loud, annoying, low IQ, s**t cliche lines and 'catchphrases', talks nonsense.

Last edited:
May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
I've seen a lot of Americans commenting on highlight videos about how much they love the commentating (Dwayne) and think he's amazing :sick:

He does actually feel like the kind of guy Americans would love though. Loud, annoying, low IQ, s**t cliche lines and 'catchphrases', talks nonsense.

Spot on. Americans love overkill. Stephen A Smith is a star and his MO is to just yell a lot and disagree with whatever Max Kellerman says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back