EPL Matchday 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it's a shame but in no way should booing be considered abuse, you do understand humans right? If booing gets outlawed all that anger and frustration eventually leads to somewhere and where it heads if they can't get a reasonable quick release such as booing will be a much worse and darker place 9 times out of 10, so do you want booing or something far worse?

Yeah it's a shame but in no way should booing be considered abuse, you do understand humans right? If booing gets outlawed all that anger and frustration eventually leads to somewhere and where it heads if they can't get a reasonable quick release such as booing will be a much worse and darker place 9 times out of 10, so do you want booing or something far worse?
I think your mistaking the term abuse in this context..

I think you don't really understand what you are saying.

Nah, I think you like a few others have decided to jump in partway through and not understand what's being discussed. WR weirdly enough has been the most reasoned with his input. But thanks for your concern.

Nah, I think you like a few others have decided to jump in partway through and not understand what's being discussed. WR weirdly enough has been the most reasoned with his input. But thanks for your concern.
Well what are trying to say then? Enlighten me, what i'm picking up is that you don't agree with booing and consider it abuse, i'm telling you things will become worse and/or the game will most likely die if booing is outlawed because it is considered abuse, what have I missed here?

Well what are trying to say then? Enlighten me, what i'm picking up is that you don't agree with booing and consider it abuse, i'm telling you things will become worse and/or the game will most likely die if booing is outlawed because it is considered abuse, what have I missed here?

Where did I say booing should be outlawed?

Maybe this is why I pointed out you might be misunderstanding the term abuse?

Jeering/yelling at people is also a form of abuse, but why on earth should we outlaw that? I'm not talking racial/sexual/physical abuse..

You're seeing my comments on booing = abuse and equating that to my disapproval of fans targeting their captain for booing. The booing = abuse was because Cruyff doesn't think it constitutes abuse which is just wrong. I have no issue with booing and in fact said booing directed at a team after a poor performance is fine. I have an issue with Arsenal fans A) booing their captain and B) being upset that he could possibly not be happy with being booed.

If you can find me somewhere that clearly defines booing as abuse I am more than happy to agree with you.

But it's pretty subjective, and you keep pedaling the narrative that you're right and I am wrong because I don't see it as abuse.
Those damn Gooners with their cruelty

1572407167252.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where did I say booing should be outlawed?

Maybe this is why I pointed out you might be misunderstanding the term abuse?

Jeering/yelling at people is also a form of abuse, but why on earth should we outlaw that? I'm not talking racial/sexual/physical abuse..

You're seeing my comments on booing = abuse and equating that to my disapproval of fans targeting their captain for booing. The booing = abuse was because Cruyff doesn't think it constitutes abuse which is just wrong. I have no issue with booing and in fact said booing directed at a team after a poor performance is fine. I have an issue with Arsenal fans A) booing their captain and B) being upset that he could possibly not be happy with being booed.

Am I right in thinking - to use an anology - you are saying if you put your head in a crocodiles mouth, don’t get angry when it snaps shut?

If you give s**t, expect s**t back?

Or am I off the mark too? :D

Am I right in thinking - to use an anology - you are saying if you put your head in a crocodiles mouth, don’t get angry when it snaps shut?

If you give s**t, expect s**t back?

Or am I off the mark too? :D

No that's about right. Either have a bit of decency and don't boo your captain, or if you really are a massive bellend and need to do it, don't be so offended when he gets pissed off.

Or handle it like a professional with class
1572420627412.png

1572420711392.png

Other examples; Jorginho coming on as a sub was booed last year, Bale regularly at Madrid, Beckham at LA Galaxy, Torres was booed in his 100th game for Chelsea. None of them sooked up like Granit

Or handle it like a professional with class
View attachment 772166

View attachment 772167

Other examples; Jorginho coming on as a sub was booed last year, Bale regularly at Madrid, Beckham at LA Galaxy, Torres was booed in his 100th game for Chelsea. None of them sooked up like Granit

How many of those were captain? You're completely missing the point unsurprisingly.

Jorginho coming on I dare say was directed at the manager..

Also using Bale as an example is the entire point of saying Arsenal fans are behaving as poorly as Real Madrid.

How many of those were captain? You're completely missing the point unsurprisingly.

Jorginho coming on I dare say was directed at the manager..

Also using Bale as an example is the entire point of saying Arsenal fans are behaving as poorly as Real Madrid.
Beckham might have been. Captaincy is irrelevant when he has been captain for 5 weeks.

Jorginho coming on was directed at both. I'd say that's even worse than booing someone coming off. Not only did he not rile his fans up on the day, he stayed respectful and quiet and avg last season but has turned them around this season. So too has Sissoko with spurs fans who joined Newcastle fans booing him off. Even when he was s**t he'd do the right thing and run off and acknowledge his teammate and manager.

That’s a bit of an unnecessary barb thrown my way.

Initially I came out and said booing was acceptable, but when I gave it some consideration I realised it’s not something I’d do personally - but I reckoned that was more my age (a 40+ plus man booing his own players at a match looks a tad sad). But then I thought back to when I was younger and regularly attended matches, and even then I honestly can’t recall actively booing one of my own players. I think I used to just groan or laugh at shyteness to be honest.

My bet is the next time Xhaka takes to the field at the Emirates he will receive a large positive reaction from the majority of the crowd. Sometimes it’s just about making a point

The boos started out as the minority and then with his poor reaction it was the majority. And youd struggle to find many goons now happy to have him play again after throwing the shirt on the ground

The boos started out as the minority and then with his poor reaction it was the majority. And youd struggle to find many goons now happy to have him play again after throwing the shirt on the ground
Booing his reaction I totally get. But his reaction was to the boos initially, or was it to ironic cheering? Ironic cheering to me is more acceptable, even though it essentially means the same thing!

That’s a bit of an unnecessary barb thrown my way.

Initially I came out and said booing was acceptable, but when I gave it some consideration I realised it’s not something I’d do personally - but I reckoned that was more my age (a 40+ plus man booing his own players at a match looks a tad sad). But then I thought back to when I was younger and regularly attended matches, and even then I honestly can’t recall actively booing one of my own players. I think I used to just groan or laugh at shyteness to be honest.

My bet is the next time Xhaka takes to the field at the Emirates he will receive a large positive reaction from the majority of the crowd. Sometimes it’s just about making a point

It was actually meant to be a compliment.

Booing his reaction I totally get. But his reaction was to the boos initially, or was it to ironic cheering? Ironic cheering to me is more acceptable, even though it essentially means the same thing!
I think he was being booed off for another subpar performance. That's harsh but hardly anything to cry about. He sulked off slowly rather than respect his managers tactical decision wasting time which riled the crowd even more. And then the cupping of the ear and the rest of it was even more fuel on the fire. How anyone can defend him is beyond me. I think Arsenal supporters in the UK are massive twats but I still side with the ones who got more and more frustrated and with him during his antics on the weekend. Petulance at its finest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back