• Charlie Dixon

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 38 11.4%
  • No, not them. This guy

Votes: 22 6.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean take what you take from interviews etc. but I don't hear a burning desire for greatness from any of our players ever really, it's just a great paying job with shitloads of free time, pretty birds & travelling around the world.. premierships pfft
"We know who you are"

Lol.

Whilst i would've gone with Ollie as the sole captain, anyone who thinks having two captains as opposed to one had any impact on the field with results (positive or negative) is absolutely kidding themselves.

Nah

More the ever in the history of this club had been the biggest lack of responsibility I have ever seen. From top to bottom including Hinkley being the biggest excuse merchant of all time.

Whilst i would've gone with Ollie as the sole captain, anyone who thinks having two captains as opposed to one had any impact on the field with results (positive or negative) is absolutely kidding themselves.
So KT, Hinkley, Jonas and Westhoff then.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I mean take what you take from interviews etc. but I don't hear a burning desire for greatness from any of our players ever really, it's just a great paying job with shitloads of free time, pretty birds & travelling around the world.. premierships pfft

Pretty much.

Still yet to hear WHY the dual captaincy works. Not just the players are happy with it. I'd be happy not stitching up a team mate and earning hundreds of thousands a year as well.

You'll just have to trust the playing group. I would have thought the long period of sustained success would have earned them that right, don't you?

Seems to me at the moment the club is a bit like the old Lincoln a house/nation divided situation (although that was about slavery)

Long term a club divided cannot stand and eventually will become one thing or the other.

Change is a coming it's what we and the club end up with that is the question.

Tom Jonas couldn't grow a Mo if he was Greek. why didn't they get our bearded beasts to do this presser, make a song and dance about shaving them, would be a nicer distraction than another Co-Captains A Go-Go spiel

So KT, Hinkley, Jonas and Westhoff then.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Its company line stuff for the players, i'm not sure they can say much else. But if anyone at the club legitimately believes it had a positive influence on results should uppercut themselves.

Similarly, any supporter who thinks reverting back to one captain will have a positive influence may be in for a shock if we change back to one captain and finish 10th again. We won't change it but even if we do i'm expecting to finish around 9th or 10th again regardless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Similarly, any supporter who thinks reverting back to one captain will have a positive influence may be in for a shock if we change back to one captain and finish 10th again. We won't change it but even if we do i'm expecting to finish around 9th or 10th again regardless.

No one, and I mean literally no one, is suggesting the single captain model will give is more wins.

It's about the loss of a highly visible tradition that links us to our past, for no discernible gain other than making Tom and Ollie's lives a bit less hard and difficult. We've diluted our identity for these bozos and they can't even see that this is the case.

No one, and I mean literally no one, is suggesting the single captain model will give is more wins.

It's about the loss of a highly visible tradition that links us to our past, for no discernible gain other than making Tom and Ollie's lives a bit less hard and difficult. We've diluted our identity for these bozos and they can't even see that this is the case.
more importantly its about someone taking the responsibility to call 1 captain and for that person to take the responsibility of being the captain. At the moment has any 1 individual said they take the responsibility of pushing the dual captaincy? and has any 1 of those captains taken the responisibility of being a captain? the most demanding comment Ollie made last year was that he 'wont change' his off season water skiing habits and the club backs him for it!!!!, it seems like every decision at the club is a group-think exercise so when it all goes wrong we can play this never-ending game of handball.

With the exception of Boak and maybe Robbie Gray our players come across as being " there for the bloody joke, for the social life, for the prestige. They're not there to win".

Most of those blokes are just here for the LOL's. Actual care for football clubs by players long disappeared for self-career-preservation. It is a job, and will be treated as such. Protect your paycheck.

And yet, your pay cheque and post football opportunities will benefit enormously by achieving team success. Count the number of 2004 premiership players in the coaching ranks right now. They should most definitely care about team, even from a selfish perspective.

And yet, your pay cheque and post football opportunities will benefit enormously by achieving team success. Count the number of 2004 premiership players in the coaching ranks right now. They should most definitely care about team, even from a selfish perspective.
cameron ling would be working for a radio station in wangaratta if he didnt have a premiership

If anyone of the playing group comes out and says they prefer one captain watch them get the supporter base behind them. Their social media would spike, they’d be attractive to sponsorships, I’m surprised nobody has had the brains (or the courage) to do it

Back