Competitions 2019 AFL Draft Closest to the Pin..... Can you do a Wellsy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premise is simple:

1 - fill in the offseason time with pointless competition for bragging rights.

2 - Can you pull a Wellsy and pick our 4 NAB AFL draft seelctions.

Pick 14
Pick 17
Pick 24
Pick 36

In honour of catempire, all selections must be BOLDED AND CAPITALS.

Please use above format.

Clearly we cant predict any pick trades so just do your best.

This is for predictions ONLY. There is a thread for discussion of the prospects.

Go Catters

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Lets get ready to rumble ......

Bragrights.jpeg

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Ok for the super active , Wells go's Crazy Vossy draft ......

Geelong and Freo do two in draft trades ....
Before a bid happens on Henry ... Cats and Dockers trade P10 <> WCFR1 + GCFR3
Geelong then bid on Henry .. Dockers match with P21 and P25 .. and leaves them something like P35

P11 .. Brodie Kemp

Geelong now make another trade with Freo .... P17+FR2 <> MelFR2 + FreoFR2

P15.. Cooper Stephens

P26.. Mitch Georgiades

P38.. Flynn Perez

It would mean we have drafted two guys coming off knee reco's , one coming off a broken leg and and other coming off quad that kept him out all year
Bring on a summer of melts ...

.....but in a normal universe the standard picks more likely to be ..

P14 MILES BERGMAN

P17 COOPER STEPHENS

P24 SAM DE KONING

P36 NICK BRYAN

Logic;...... The group of players gives us a spread of types .... Bergman the medium forward/mid ;very good vertical .. cs the inside mid we take him early before someone else grabs him his combine brought him into R1 range again ... sdk the long term KPD replacement for Henderson , Bryan a long term replacement for Smith ..

Last edited:

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Nice group ... do we still show interest in JakeR now we have JJ.? Not sure but reading the posts guess... there are a lot of good outcomes.. and this would be another..

I think we do, as he's a long-term prospect. Once Hawkins and JJ are gone, it would leave us with Freddie, Riccardi and Rata, as our key forwards. Pretty dynamic group that could be bolstered with a key signing in the next few years.

I hope we do go after him, as I reckon given that all of the 3 aforementioned KPF's are very athletic, that they could all play in the same forward line for years.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
6 Games with Subi last year and didn't lay a tackle,(hallo Shane Kersten)is why I didn't pick him.

I have confidence the right player will be picked.. Kersten is an interesting comparison. at 36 ...its not a bad gamble. I didnt know he had actuall played ..so there you go. What were his tackle figure like pre injury..is it a constant element in his game or is it a coming back from injury thing?

Its not that unrealistic ...it depends on Freo to a degree ..and perhaps Melb. If Melb take Jackson ..then Freo would be a monte to take Robertson imo.
Yeah, I was thinking Melbourne pass on Jackson and Freo swoop pushing Dev out. Sharp would be something of a long shot to still be around at our 24 pick considering it'll be close to pick 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back