2019 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

It's hilarious to me that the Pies and bombers don't have first round picks this year. Reading their fans in the draft article comments "do you think Stephens could fall to pick 30+?"

"I know there is know Ben or Max king in this draft but is there a good key forward in the pick 30 to 40 range? Daniher might leave next year and we need a replacement!"

:p:D
They are a delusional lot these idiots but the Magpies take the take , Sold the farm for a mercenary in Beams and now under so much cap pressure and dont have any decent picks with 4 big $$$ players coming out of contract and a list full of rubbish.

The Bombers well nothing needs to be said even their own players are wanting to get out mid contract

Apparently we are the only club Stephenson has not been interviewed by... probably trade up for him now.

What do people think about De Konig being a nearly 2m tall defender? I can’t recall another example. Plus if the draft is light on for forward then it also has t be considered light on for defenders surely? As who are they beating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently we are the only club Stephenson has not been interviewed by... probably trade up for him now.

What do people think about De Konig being a nearly 2m tall defender? I can’t recall another example. Plus if the draft is light on for forward then it also has t be considered light on for defenders surely? As who are they beating?

Do you mean Cooper Stephens?

link ? source ?

2006 draft set up up beautifully...

it gave us Jack
it gave us Shedda
it gave us Grigga...via our Pick 73 Andy Collins
it gave us the ulmightly Dusty when we eventually got rid of toxic pick 58

oh and it gave us. Megan......mmmmmm
�����
13Jack RiewoldtRichmondTasmania U182006
17Shaun HampsonCarltonMt Gravatt2006
19Shaun GriggCarltonNorth Ballarat U182006
26Shane EdwardsRichmondNorth Adelaide2006
58Daniel ConnorsRichmondBendigo U182006
73Andrew D. CollinsRichmondBendigo U182006

You can add Houli if we are to take that angle.
We traded picks 8 and 42 to fremantle for polak 13 and 63.Houli ended up at essendon with our pick 42

Theyre positions that each player plays in.

MF - medium forward
SF - small forward
MM - medium midfielder etc

It's so that they're easily identifiable and comparable when there 60 of them running around.

For a kid who broke his leg early in the year apparently Cooper Stephens impressed a great deal with his athleticism. Cats will look closely at him.

Thank you.

Who did you trade with ? Ill have to have a look
cool...what was the cost?

it’s all a bit complicated and obviously won’t happen in the real thing but at this stage I have Stephens with pick 14 which was ports pick 12 after bids.

I have pick 25 and 53 for later on and got rid of all the picks in the 30s. Traded 19 away to get two picks in the 20s which ended up being useful in getting Stephens. From 14 to 19 doesn’t seem like much but it really is as I feel Stephens is in that top tier range that is no chance of getting to 19.

Very Good chance I’ll get a player I like at pick 25 aswell and with the acquisition of Stephens I may look for a tall like SDK or Jones. Have a few back flankers in mind aswell.

Ends up something like

12 and 23 for 19,38,39 and 41

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it’s all a bit complicated and obviously won’t happen in the real thing but at this stage I have Stephens with pick 14 which was ports pick 12 after bids.

I have pick 25 and 53 for later on and got rid of all the picks in the 30s. Traded 19 away to get two picks in the 20s which ended up being useful in getting Stephens. From 14 to 19 doesn’t seem like much but it really is as I feel Stephens is in that top tier range that is no chance of getting to 19.

Very Good chance I’ll get a player I like at pick 25 aswell and with the acquisition of Stephens I may look for a tall like SDK or Jones. Have a few back flankers in mind aswell
Sounds like a bloody good trade , well done
Lets hope you can get his brother at pick#25 ;) or Rivers

Harris Andrews is 202cm, but very quick and mobile. De Konig would need those attributes. Anyone know.

I'm starting to like the Rivers boy from SA if he's there.
He is a very good player with leadership and also has been effected by glandular fever this year , I would love to get his combine results to have a look at his speed and agility he does have a reasonable tank but would need work. Certainly a type i can see us taking with our 1st selection

There will be sliders, there are every year.

I am hoping we could get either Lachie Ash or Fischer McAsey with our first pick if they slide.

Failing that, Will Day looks around the mark and suits as a running HBF, as does Trent Rivers.

With our first pick in hoping we take either a KPD or a running HBF. I think we need to develop both.

What do people think about De Konig being a nearly 2m tall defender? I can’t recall another example.
It's becoming more and more common, almost trendy. Harris Andrews, Jordan Roughead, Alex Pearce, Rory Thompson are all 2m+ off the top of my head.

Think we should target GWS's pick 6.
They should be open to trading it as a Bid for Green is 100% on the cards from the Swans & or perhaps the Dees.
Offer them this years & next years 1st rnd for pick 6.(maybe a sweetner with pick 56).
Serves our purpose on 2 fronts.Get the kid we are targeting(Hoping kemp) & with MJR coming next year although a long shot atm we won't have to use next years 1st.
Time to be aggressive while we can afford too.

Think we should target GWS's pick 6.
They should be open to trading it as a Bid for Green is 100% on the cards from the Swans & or perhaps the Dees.
Offer them this years & next years 1st rnd for pick 6.(maybe a sweetner with pick 56).
Serves our purpose on 2 fronts.Get the kid we are targeting(Hoping kemp) & with MJR coming next year although a long shot atm we won't have to use next years 1st.
Time to be aggressive while we can afford too.

They are trying to use it to get pick 3 off Melbourne. They want two picks inside 10. Their first plus the matching bid on Greene, if they can’t manufacture that then we would be well down on the list of bidders for 6 I would think.

They are trying to use it to get pick 3 off Melbourne. They want two picks inside 10. Their first plus the matching bid on Greene, if they can’t manufacture that then we would be well down on the list of bidders for 6 I would think.

Not sure what they can offer the Dees outside of Pick 6.Besides if Green is that good why would the Dees pass up on having a chance to get him?
As for the others.Outside of Us/(Gws) & Wce no other club could afford to give up a raft of picks.Lucky for us WCE already has for kelly.
At the very least i hope thats in our plans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back