Good Friday 2020 - North Melbourne v Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Peter Gordon will want it as a dogs home game next. I hope those bastards pull finger on the promotional side this time round.

You can pretty much guarantee that Peter Gordon will be pushing for 2021 to be Bulldogs home game vs Essendon or Carlton or StKilda. Because he's a campaigner.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You mean the campaigners who went to both Carlton and StKilda behind our backs and tried to get them both to nominate Footscray as their preferred opponent for Good Friday games? Should never have been given to them in the first place.
What's Footscray? I thought they were rebranded as Western now.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
**** the Dogs!

This should be us vs Carlton, the 2 teams closest, at least physically, to the Royal Children's Hospital.

Carlton would make the event more "blockbuster" than the Dogs, especially with the Blues now expected to rise (they really can't go any lower).

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I wonder if their current game plan will need to change to accommodate a taller forward set up

I suspect they will mix it up rather than getting 11 goals from 3 midfielders getting 110 possessions.

IMO, their need specific trades were the best of the trade period. Bruce is a ripper, as he is a capable forward, who also free's up Naughton for a more suitable role as a 2nd forward.

Keath is also a good pickup, although they are still weak in the number 1-2 KPD spot with Trengove.

English is also going to start improving.

They are going to be a serious threat if they can keep close to their best side on the park.

You can pretty much guarantee that Peter Gordon will be pushing for 2021 to be Bulldogs home game vs Essendon or Carlton or StKilda. Because he's a campaigner.

Nope. He's been pretty clear and on the record as saying it should be the same 2 teams year after year... and those 2 teams should be 2 of North, Bullfrogs & Aints. He just repeated that on SEN, where he went on to hint that it should be us & them as both teams do a lot of community & charitable work.

Well they have just recruited Keath for that..

Yes they look formidable at present when you consider Bruce and Keath will be replacing Shache and Cordy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Don't know if Bruce will replace Schache. I'd expect they probably want to get games into Schache ahead of say a Dickson.

It depends on how much they change up their system.

Don't know if Bruce will replace Schache. I'd expect they probably want to get games into Schache ahead of say a Dickson.

I suspect they will mix it up rather than getting 11 goals from 3 midfielders getting 110 possessions.

IMO, their need specific trades were the best of the trade period. Bruce is a ripper, as he is a capable forward, who also free's up Naughton for a more suitable role as a 2nd forward.

Keath is also a good pickup, although they are still weak in the number 1-2 KPD spot with Trengove.

English is also going to start improving.

They are going to be a serious threat if they can keep close to their best side on the park.

A spine of Cordy/Trengrove, Keath, McRae, Bruce and Naughton is pretty good on paper albeit with the full back position the weak link.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We should play them twice every year. Feel like we've had a good rivalry going over the past decade, a lot of close matches with a genuine animosity. Both small clubs in the same general area of Melbourne. Now they've got a second flag and a list with a genuine shot at a third they're on their way to being spoken about in the same breath as us too. The AFL won't realise this but they've got a great opportunity to build two crowd-drawing fixtures that will help even up the competition in terms of stadium revenue and media attention. Their next great idea will probably be a Carlton vs Collingwood permanent round 2 fixture celebrating the autumn solstice.

Yeah not sure it's what the AFL want tbh.

the year we don't speak of, just south of 70K. Of course we should play them twice, but the AFL's interest lies elsewhere.

1572427086287.png

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nope. He's been pretty clear and on the record as saying it should be the same 2 teams year after year... and those 2 teams should be 2 of North, Bullfrogs & Aints. He just repeated that on SEN, where he went on to hint that it should be us & them as both teams do a lot of community & charitable work.

How to know when a lawyer is lying... is he talking?

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
A spine of Cordy/Trengrove, Keath, McRae, Bruce and Naughton is pretty good on paper albeit with the full back position the weak link.

I think they’ve done well with Bruce. Keith will be interesting. Is he good enough to play as a proper KPD? Adelaide have a good record producing that intercept type. Lever, Doedee, Keith with Talia and Hartigan doing the grunt.

Looking at Footscray’s backline, Keith might have to step up to the opposition’s best forward.

Did he mention how the Dogs invented Good Friday?

Our spine looks pretty good on paper too:
Taz, Maj, Cunners, Larks, BBB

We have potentially the most potent forward line in the AFL. Just lack a quality small forward. I wonder if Taylor is the answer, seems lively and smart but his execution has been woeful in the firsts, pretty good in the second though so may be nerves or just lacking composure. I like the cut of his jib.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back