Votes: 38 11.4%
  • No, not them. This guy

Votes: 22 6.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

“If we won the flag last year, no one would be talking about it.”

Tom, you didn’t even make finals.
You came tenth, out of eighteen teams.
You sold us the Co-captain model based on ‘more success’.
You trashed a club tradition because you weren’t up to it on your own.
The other half captain took the piss out of the club in the Pre-season and then again during trade week.

That’s why we are talking about it, you deluded *.

The other half captain took the piss out of the club in the Pre-season and then again during trade week.

That’s why we are talking about it, you deluded fu**.
"If we won at Stalingrad, no one would be talking about it." Adolf Hitler talking about his controversial career.

That’s why we are talking about it, you deluded fu**.
I had written "He is absolutely right," but I couldn't go on. You see, that wouldn't be true. People would still be talking about it, even after a flag.

There would be questions needing answers, such as: "What will happen when we have one captain again?"; and "Will we have co-captains as a new tradition from now on?" Tom Jonas doesn't have a clue on what he is talking. The fact that we have finished in the bottom half of the ladder only makes him look sillier.

I would like to know who were the players that have pushed for Jonas' captaincy. They need to answer for that. They must come forward and own this decision. It doesn't matter whether Wines would be a good captain or not. They were wrong on picking Jonas. They were wronger on forcing the decision for co-captaincy.

This shouldn't fall only on Hinkley's sholders.

“I just ask that all of those supporters out there support us whatever the decision may be whether it’s list management, captaincy, game style, any of that”

Tom Jonas casually telling us to pay our memberships and shut the f*** up
Personally, I always intend to support from the bounce to the siren. That's not the point. What does he want, that we don't complain about anything never?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Westhoff campaigned for Primus and Hocking to be our senior coach

He's always been a bit of a I'm satisfied as long as I'm playing AFL sort of guy. There's a reason why he always misses set shots when the game is on the line.
My favourite was when he had the chance to save us after the siren from the humiliation of being the first team to lose to the Gold Coast and in true Hoff style he shanked it from 30 metres out on a very slight angle and barely scraped it in for a point

Do our co captains have some sort of competition between themselves where they take turns seeing who can piss the supporter base off the most?
Didn't Jonas post a pic of himself snow skiing in response to supporters complaining about Wines injuring himself wakeboarding?

Should have been stripped of the half-captaincy there and then.

You could just about bet London to a brick that once Jonas retires he will forget where Alberton oval is fairly quickly and will be seen regularly on the parade sucking on a cappuccino, complete with that inane grin on his face and his pinky extended.

As for the retirement bit, hopefully within 3 or 4 years the arrogant campaigner will be a distant memory.

Last edited:
Also, if you're a hack footballer you need to bring charisma and great leadership to the table as captain. Jonas lacks both in spades and will fill multiple chapters in "Derp - The Doubling: The Hinkley Years" when it is eventually written.

Back