Sam Gray

Remove this Banner Ad

So something has changed list management wise?

If you are stone walling contract talks with inflated terms and then suddenly “the media” leaks a story about a more complete player that is being heavily linked to your club and said player could effectively make your role redundant... then you may just want to pump the brakes a little on your management driven self worth and come to the party.

(Sorry - that sounded like a Damien Barrett sliding doors article)

If you are stone walling contract talks with inflated terms and then suddenly “the media” leaks a story about a more complete player that is being heavily linked to your club and said player could effectively make your role redundant... then you may just want to pump the brakes a little on your management driven self worth and come to the party.

(Sorry - that sounded like a Damien Barrett sliding doors article)

Why would the Club be playing the whole media game over Sam Gray?

Sam, here's our offer, if you don't like it then we will help you find another Club. End of story.

It's not like he's overly good or anything and more often than not is one of the guys who go missing game after game after game when we need something only to pop up with a 3 goal and 20 possession game against a bottom team therefore cementing his place for another month or two when we run it to decent teams.

Just don't get why we'd even bother to be honest.

Why would the Club be playing the whole media game over Sam Gray?

Sam, here's our offer, if you don't like it then we will help you find another Club. End of story.

It's not like he's overly good or anything and more often than not is one of the guys who go missing game after game after game when we need something only to pop up with a 3 goal and 20 possession game against a bottom team therefore cementing his place for another month or two when we run it to decent teams.

Just don't get why we'd even bother to be honest.

It’s just a coincidence with the timing - they’re not related but I’m making the point that it’s additional and unintended leverage.

“take advantage of your enemies unreadiness”

How ******* awesome was that goal.

When Sam Gray does something good, you can't help but smile. He might not have the most amazing skills but he is the epitomy of a Port Adelaide boy and I hope he never leaves our club, even if he ends up as a Whitecross type. Always puts in 100% effort and always does everyone he can for his club. I love you Sam Gray, no matter how s**t of a footballer you can be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

source.gif

Good luck wherever you land Sam.

Read earlier article saying we only delist if he has somewhere to go, was likely Sydney.

FB is filled with people crying.

I look forward to seeing him play in a team where he is not the key forward. Will get to see what he is capable of (although kicking over a jam tin is not one of those things).

Another career to be reinvigorated away from master Ken!

Carn. In Ken's time, how many players who've moved on have played better elsewhere?

Trengove - No
Lobbe - No
Moore - No
Pittard - Yes
Newton - No
Young - No
O'Shea - No
Wingard - No
AhChee - No
Hombsch - No
Polec - No
Impey - 50/50
Austin - No
Snelling - Yes

Read earlier article saying we only delist if he has somewhere to go, was likely Sydney.

FB is filled with people crying.

FB is full of morons.

One particular moron said "we never gave him a fair go" ffs

Despite the fact that he was a bit of a whipping boy around here, Sammy did play plenty of good football for us. That patch at the end of 2015 where he went into the midfield and showed some real promise, all those games against North where he kicked bags.

Hopefully he finds another club. I wish him all the best.

Someone had to do it, may as well be this moron.

I didn't consider you as best 22, but you were still a favourite.
I hope you get picked up elsewhere.

Not happy that this was done to coincide with the AFL draw being released.
Someone who thinks they are being very clever needs a kick up the arse.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back