2019 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

The Dees won't get Greene as GWS will match

What GWS want is a pick before the bid on Greene that way they get 2 top 5 players.

yeah i know of your pub mate, you kicked me out at least once

top joint, incredible music, charismatic chefs :openmouth:

LEGO PEOPLE

you a good man :thumbsu: - highly recommended to all richmond fans who cant get to the game for whatever reason to watch it @ on top (next to ormond station)

(disclaimer, i am not being paid for this post but if the publican in question wants to pm an offer of a month free beer.. feel free to get in contact )

Last edited:

LEGO PEOPLE

you a good man :thumbsu: - highly recommended to all richmond fans who cant get to the game for whatever reason to watch it @ on top (next to ormond station)

(disclaimer, i am not being paid for this post but if the publican in question wants to pm and offer of a month free beer feel free to get in contact )
Cheers man...

Yeah, partner and myself are keen Tigers, can't get to many games cos of the commitments.

Oh, and I'm not averse to downing the odd amber fluid and talking footy with any BF campaigners. So if you're around drop in and introduce yourselves.

LEGO PEOPLE

(disclaimer, i am not being paid for this post but if the publican in question wants to pm an offer of a month free beer.. feel free to get in contact )
I live near by, I'll check it out :thumbsu:

The Giants need points to get Greene, they won’t be trading pick six.
Could if something they see as a gain for them and still getting Green.
Our future first next year might be worth alot more than in the past with all these F/S etc.

The RFC website has been updated in terms of players that have left. We also have 6 rookies. Chol, Stack and Baker are still on the rookie list. Anyone know if we can get hold of official list lodgements from today?

The Giants need points to get Greene, they won’t be trading pick six.

They only got 6 cos they want to get into the draft before Greene is bid on. Unless they can trade up to get a pick above the swans they will think seriously about trading down and banking points.

If for example they trade with us future first, pick 19, 39 and 40 for pick 6 and a future 2nd/3rd, gives them the points for Greene and another asset for next years draft.

Last edited:
They only got 6 cos they want to get into the draft before Greene is bid on. Unless they can trade up to get a pick above the swans they will think seriously about trading down and banking points.

If for example they trade with us future first, pick 19, 39 and 40 for pick 6 and a future 2nd/3rd, gives them the points for Greene and another asset for next years draft.
Greene will be bid on before 6, that's why they want an earlier pick before he's bid on.

The RFC website has been updated in terms of players that have left. We also have 6 rookies. Chol, Stack and Baker are still on the rookie list. Anyone know if we can get hold of official list lodgements from today?

Screenshot_20191101-110030_Twitter.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I am now happy for us to just take our 5 picks to the draft & use 4 or 5 of them.

The problem with the usual idea of trading a few later picks to a team that needs points (GWS, Freo, Hawthorn,...Port?) is that they don't seem to have enough list vacancies to be able to use them anyway.
I feel there will be a decent enough player at 19 for us, without offering next year's first to get ourselves a bit higher.

So that means we have 33 senior players and 6 rookies? 5 picks in the draft is that right?

We will at least publicly say we are keeping Baker, Stack & Chol on the rookie list until after the draft so that we can have 5 picks on the draft board- 18, 38,39, 41 & 56. If we announce we are upgrading one/multiple of those players early we aren't able to trade away the later picks. I can see up packaging up some of 38, 39, 41 & 56 into either a higher pick this year or picks for 2020, then only actually drafting 2-3 players and upgrading the rookies then.

Trade #38,#39 & #41 (1323 points) to freo for their picks #22 & #58 (1015 points)
We take #22 #56 #58 & #75 in the draft.
#19 - Josh Worrell (KPD&KPF)/Cooper Stephens(Mid)
#22 - Jeremy Sharp(Def)/Sam De Koning(KPD)/Miles Bergman(Wing)/Trent Bianco(Def)/Trent Rivers(Mid/Def)
#56 - Hugo Ralphsmith (Wing/HF)
#58 - Thomson Dow (Mid/Fwd
#75 - Charlie Coomben (KPF/Ruck)

Either that or take another supplimentary selection like Stack.

I'm thinking that the supplimentary rookie spot may be kept for the best available Delisted Free Agent (maybe Bennell); once we see what our short term holes are for next year. In a similar way to how we picked up Maverick Weller last season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back