News Geelong's 2020 fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Love it.

Except the Perth home perth fk off mate
It's not the worse fixturing - we have a longer break after the WCE match before we play Hawthorn on Easter Monday, we then play St Kilda at GHMBA off the 6-day break and then fly out to Perth on the back of a 7-day break

If the second Perth trip was directly after Easter Monday it would be worse

Awesome, thank you for letting me know
The bigger hotels with indoor pools will have them open - that may be for some places with outdoor pools, but I've stayed in Brisbane in winter & their pools are open

I reckon the club is just going through the motions with the whole "we want 11 home games at KP" thing. They know the AFL won't do it, and I bet there'll be some reaction from Brian Cook today along the lines of "well, we're disappointed but we'll keep pushing for it". Rinse and repeat this time next year.
How would you like to see it handled?

Boycott our home games not at our home venue?

In 2009 they did it in successive rounds. One after the bye too. They won both.
and that would be the ONLY similarity between the 09 team and this list.

They are miles apart and not meaning this one is anyway close to that one.

GO Catters

All the novelty rounds are complete garbage but the country game particularly so.
Particulalry that the Essendon portion cannot possibly ever play the COUNTRY GAME at the REGIONAL GROUND that is KP.

TOTAL BULLSHIT.

GO Catters

One thing I'd love the AFL to explain is - why do we wait until round 23 to play a team for the first time in the season?

In 2020 we play Adelaide for the first time in round 23

This year it was the Blues for the first time

In 2016 it was the Demons

Really would be nice if the AFL could work out a way to schedule things so that all teams played each other once before the double ups started

It's not the worse fixturing - we have a longer break after the WCE match before we play Hawthorn on Easter Monday, we then play St Kilda at GHMBA off the 6-day break and then fly out to Perth on the back of a 7-day break

If the second Perth trip was directly after Easter Monday it would be worse

I just realised we have 2 weeks off from perth before the return trip. Apologies, i thought it was one. Thats not as bad i guess.

First time we have played the Eagles twice in H&A ever? Well maybe not ever but a bloody long time.

Edit: 2010 was the last time. Knew it was a while beause they have had a charmed run of not playing us in Geelong until last year (twas the difference between them making top 4 or not too).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL are just having a lend at this point with the post bye matches, how is it we never get a softer game at KP after the bye, it's clearly very deliberate at this point why we don't get games at KP after the bye.
Also if you're going to insist on us playing our home finals at the MCG then how about giving us some MCG practice right before finals

Blame Kevin Sheedy. Whole thing has always felt like an Essendon marketing gimmick and I'm annoyed Geelong has gone along with it.
Dont mind the concept as long as the location rotates. There is not a single justification for this to alway be at the MCG.

GO Catters

The AFL are just having a lend at this point with the post bye matches, how is it we never get a softer game at KP after the bye, it's clearly very deliberate at this point why we don't get games at KP after the bye.
Also if you're going to insist on us playing our home finals at the MCG then how about giving us some MCG practice right before finals

Its our own fault we are so pissweak after byes.

No one elses.

Its our own fault we are so pissweak after byes.

No one elses.

I mean yeah it's in our hands but by no means are the AFL helping the situation, the odds of us not having a home game post bye year on year since this got traction in the media are pretty low

The bigger hotels with indoor pools will have them open - that may be for some places with outdoor pools, but I've stayed in Brisbane in winter & their pools are open
Bigger hotels yes if they are heated. Boutique hotels and most cheaper hotels will not have them open. They will also not advertise if there pool is open or not and still have shiny pictures of pools all over there websites. You should ask first coming at that time of year to make sure. Been caught out a couple of times myself even in early September.

What is the 5, 6 and 7 day break count between games next year?

Usually see the rough end of the pineapple with those.

GO Catters

Not a single "big 4 team" at KP next year after finsihsing Top of ladder end of 2019.

Not a single one.
No Richmond
No Carlton
No Essendon
No Pies
No Hawthorn

Only club with no home game at their HOME ground vs these arse clowns.
Clearly one home game at KP against ANY of them is too mcuh for the AFL to schedule.

******* joke.

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back