News Geelong's 2020 fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

What I find amusing is that both our MCG home games are day time slots on weekends.

Which is great - allows Geelong based members a decent chance to get to and from Melb and is kid friendly.

Applaud that. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Now, come Finals time if we are good enough to get there again.
I can guarantee that we will beon Thursday or Friday night regardless whom we play making it impossible more diffucult for Geelong based supporters to attend.

So the AFL can do it during the regualr season, but when it comes to Finals is impossible.

GO Catters

and that would be the ONLY similarity between the 09 team and this list.

They are miles apart and not meaning this one is anyway close to that one.

GO Catters

True. Although the 2009 team didn't finish top of the ladder after home and away (very facetious remark but I couldn't resist).

Point being though - the travel isn't a factor if you're good enough.

I'd be curious to see how many they were getting before 2017. If it's dramatically increased it may be a fair point. If it hasn't it's just sour grapes. No one would have been complaining about it when they were the butt of jokes.
14 games in 2016 - so nothing's really changed there

I think what annoyed most this year was them finishing the season with 7 consecutive games at the MCG leading into finals

Next year their final 7 games includes 4 at the MCG, broken up by trips to GC, Adelaide & Perth which is where they finish the season

14 games in 2016 - so nothing's really changed there

I think what annoyed most this year was them finishing the season with 7 consecutive games at the MCG leading into finals

Next year their final 7 games includes 4 at the MCG, broken up by trips to GC, Adelaide & Perth which is where they finish the season

No doubt. Although at the halfway point they were no certainties to even play finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WTF? So a trip down the highway by Melbourne is adding to their apparent extensive travel...

Can we then use the same line in regards to requesting 11 home games at our actually home ground?

Next year we have 6 interstate trips & 5 away games in Melbourne - so those 2 "home" games also in Melbourne are adding up to a fair bit of travel

MELBOURNE
Big win: Get 10 home games at the MCG for the first time since 2010 and only have one top-six team twice – Collingwood.

Big loss: Seven interstate trips, plus a game in Geelong is a bit of travel.

WTF? So a trip down the highway by Melbourne is adding to their apparent extensive travel...

Can we then use the same line in regards to requesting 11 home games at our actually home ground?

Next year we have 6 interstate trips & 5 away games in Melbourne - so those 2 "home" games also in Melbourne are adding up to a fair bit of travel

MELBOURNE
Big win: Get 10 home games at the MCG for the first time since 2010 and only have one top-six team twice – Collingwood.

Soft utensils

MELBOURNE

ThE mCg iS OnLy 45 MiNuTeS fRoM GeLlOnG

MELBOURNE

Do they count the home games they sell interstate in those 7 trips?

Do they count the home games they sell interstate in those 7 trips?
Yep

They have one "home" game at Tio and then also get to go to Hobart to finish the season

No trips to NSW

If you are going to sell a home game interstate, don't bitch when you have other games scheduled interstate

Still like to use that point to reduce our home games at the MCG though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back