News Official 2020 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there is an over reaction to games being played in the NT
Our first game for premiership points was only in 2017 at TIO Darwin
The second 2018 at TIO Traeger Park Alice Springs
Third was at TIO Darwin

Totally get you are going to want games there, don't blame you, would be the same.

Pretty much every game in the NT since the recent lot of games for points have started have involved us or West Coast and will continue to do so forever.

We know that once something happens 2 or 3 times in the AFL people start calling it a tradition and it will never change.

Do we only start complaining about it after 5 years? 10 years? It's happened once or twice, we're not getting paid, we have no partnership with the NT, let everyone else have a turn and we'll go back in 10-20 years for our next turn.

Same goes for Ballarat, ACT, Tasmania.

The AFL gives huge commercial advantages to big Vic clubs (time slots, free to air), us and West Coast (more them lets be honest) are big clubs, we should get some unfair advantages.

Instead, we have to over-perform to get a good average fixture.

I actually think our fixture is fairly fair for where we finished in 2019, but why does it have to be fair for some and not for others.

Last edited:
Extremely tough fixture.

We face ALL of last year's top 4 away (Richmond twice). We also face semi finalist West Coast away, and finalist Essendon away.

That's six of the top 8 away. Only four home games against finalists.

Trips to NT, Tasmania and Geelong.
Don't trade away our future 1st

Absolute crap the AFL allow MCG tenants to sell their home games to other states and then schedule those games for the non-vic teams.

With the MCG GF debacle the non-Vic clubs should have pushed that the non-Vic teams must play MCG tenant clubs at the bloody MCG - its really not that hard.

Absolute crap the AFL allow MCG tenants to sell their home games to other states and then schedule those games for the non-vic teams.

With the MCG GF debacle the non-Vic clubs should have pushed that the non-Vic teams must play MCG tenant clubs at the bloody MCG - its really not that hard.
They play too many at the G as is. 12 should be the max. The extra 3 or 4 games should be played at places like NT, Tassie etc.

Looking at the draw it is getting better
Coll - 14 games a G
Me- 13
Rich - 14
hawth 8

They play too many at the G as is. 12 should be the max. The extra 3 or 4 games should be played at places like NT, Tassie etc.

Every club should be entitled to 11 home games at their ground, if they choose to sell a few of them make their opponents fellow MCG tenants.

Double win:
Non-Vic sides get more games at the MCG.
MCG tenants have less games at the MCG.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every club should be entitled to 11 home games at their ground, if they choose to sell a few of them make their opponents fellow MCG tenants.

Double win:
Non-Vic sides get more games at the MCG.
MCG tenants have less games at the MCG.
Disagree. They should not get anymore than 12 games at the G. We get 12 at AO. It needs to be the same to be equal and fair for the Vic teams. If 2 Vic teams then play in Tassie or Nt then so be it.

SydneyWin
PortWIn
Briswin
RichLoss
EssWin
St KildWin
GCWin
FreoWin
MelLost
CarltonWin
GWSLoss
BullWin
PortWin
CollLoss
St KildWin
WCLoss
MelbWin
EssLoss
RichLoss
HawLoss
NorthWIn
geelLoss
13 wins 9 losses. Finish somewhere between 6-10th
You are going to be very dissapointed next year if that is what you are expecting.

Do Port Power use one of their requests to host the first showdown each year. It has gone beyond a coincidence now.

We seem to get the Sunday arvo Showdown in the middle of winter every year now.

If it isn't a Port Power request is the AFL trying to prop up The Powers crowd numbers?

It annoys us as members, but do Port Power supporters get embarrassed? I mean they would know why they get it, would think it would feel embarrassing.

I'd like to know where they pulled 3:20pm ACST from, I know 3:20pm AEST is the standard 7 Sunday slot to lead straight into the news in Melbourne, but the Showdown is a Fox game and the 3:20pm AEST converts to 2:50pm in SA.

You are going to be very dissapointed next year if that is what you are expecting.
Yeh I know
But what the hell. Stranger things have happend. After the Robert Shaw years we then won a premiership first year. Thanks to a genius coach who put trust in the kids. Three of this kids turned out to be 300 game stars.

Extremely tough fixture.

We face ALL of last year's top 4 away (Richmond twice). We also face semi finalist West Coast away, and finalist Essendon away.

That's six of the top 8 away. Only four home games against finalists.

Trips to NT, Tasmania and Geelong.

And double ups are
Port
Richmond
Essendon
Saints
Melbourne

I guess there's no predicting who's going to be poor in 2020, and apart from GCS who else would you prefer in that list (even Carlton won't be that poor), but seeing it in black & white isn't pretty.

Don't trade away our future 1st

Oh no indeedy we shouldn't!

I've been on the "we won't finish bottom 4" train, but looking at the fixture in the cold hard light of day is making me have doubts.

If can finish around the 2019 mark it will be a VERY good result.

Playing in Alice fracking Springs again instead of the MCG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back