NFNL Div 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's called managing your list. Every club has to do it.
That’s a very naive comment... If 18 rounds has been introduced (which is a terrible thing to do - I have no doubt BluBoys on the money) then managing $4500 in match payments per week (full tilt) can not allow for too many $400 players let alone $8-1000 players.

That’s a very naive comment... If 18 rounds has been introduced (which is a terrible thing to do - I have no doubt BluBoys on the money) then managing $4500 in match payments per week (full tilt) can not allow for too many $400 players let alone $8-1000 players.
If any club in Division 3 are paying players $800-$1000 a week more the fool them. The best player at every div 3 should be on about $500.

It's called managing your list. Every club has to do it.
Makes it difficult when you are pro-active, get on the front foot and sign up the majority of your senior list in July/August, then get told the salary cap will be dropped by $10,000 and you also have to play two extra rounds when you actually have one less club in the division. The league is big on clubs preparing strategies and 5 year plans, then change the rules which throws things on it's head.

Seems a tad odd 2 blokes who played in the reserves at Craigieburn have been named Merndas assistant’s
Heard from a reliable source that this has ruffled a few feathers in the senior playing group and a meeting of a few player took place

How is 1 less team & 2 extra games going to work? Does this mean teams will play 2 teams 3 times? How will they figure who plays who the extra time? Or do they plan on bringing another team in? Smells to me like the complaints dept at NFNL will have a lot of emails coming their way.

How is 1 less team & 2 extra games going to work? Does this mean teams will play 2 teams 3 times? How will they figure who plays who the extra time? Or do they plan on bringing another team in? Smells to me like the complaints dept at NFNL will have a lot of emails coming their way.
Whoever gets Reservoir and lalor 3 times will be licking there lips. Only 4 more wins to qualify for finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes it difficult when you are pro-active, get on the front foot and sign up the majority of your senior list in July/August, then get told the salary cap will be dropped by $10,000 and you also have to play two extra rounds when you actually have one less club in the division. The league is big on clubs preparing strategies and 5 year plans, then change the rules which throws things on it's head.
Any consultation that you’ve heard of Blue...?!?

Surely they would organise it that Lalor & Reservoir would play each other one of the extra times. For the clubs sake.
Who gets the home game....?

The people we “pay” to administer “our” competition have reduced the weekly MP by $1200 by my quick calculations... without asking the clubs...?

Who is holding these bafoons accountable...?

I think swooping has a formula for managing lists... 😉 (just jokes)

100% correct, No consultation with clubs, league is trying to manage clubs budgets from afar. So any club who had signed players before end of August have to go back & try to re-negotiate.

Who gets the home game....?

The people we “pay” to administer “our” competition have reduced the weekly MP by $1200 by my quick calculations... without asking the clubs...?

Who is holding these bafoons accountable...?
The league is a joke and becoming more and more money hungry each and every day. Watch when clubs will get together and refuse to even communicate with clowns at Headquarters cos thats what they are doing now without the clubs being notified....

Its always been 18 rounds. Only since the odd number of teams forced the byes on everyone have you played 16 games & had 2 byes. Prior you played everyone twice and 2 teams 3 times.
I hate byes.

100% correct, No consultation with clubs, league is trying to manage clubs budgets from afar. So any club who had signed players before end of August have to go back & try to re-negotiate.
Everyone knew pretty much all year that the cap was being dropped by 10k so if clubs were signing blokes on the hope that the cap being lowered wasn’t true then that’s their own mismanagement. It’s interesting all the new external signings at Mernda, with a lowered cap they were either paying bugger all last year or all the new signings are playing for bugger all, interesting. l couldn’t imagine their up and coming young blokes wouldn’t be overly joyed 🤷‍♂️

Its always been 18 rounds. Only since the odd number of teams forced the byes on everyone have you played 16 games & had 2 byes. Prior you played everyone twice and 2 teams 3 times.
I hate byes.
Byes make the draw fair. Either a) start later or finish earlier b) have an extran split round or weekend off aligning with NFNL rep games or queens birthday.

Everyone knew pretty much all year that the cap was being dropped by 10k so if clubs were signing blokes on the hope that the cap being lowered wasn’t true then that’s their own mismanagement. It’s interesting all the new external signings at Mernda, with a lowered cap they were either paying bugger all last year or all the new signings are playing for bugger all, interesting. l couldn’t imagine their up and coming young blokes wouldn’t be overly joyed 🤷‍♂️
Agreed with the cap reductions and I believe that reducing further will be a positive thing.

The gap between D2 & D3 is something they need to consider as standards and ability to recruit for success is very difficult.

The points needs to be “means tested” to allow for any divisional movement to be given any chance.

The 16 D3 and 18 D2 helped this occur organically.

Not notifying or consulting with Presidents and clubs is a completely seperate matter but adjusts the goal posts significantly... Arrogance

How can cap reductions be a positive thing when other leagues caps are higher. Seems to me that players could leave the NFL for higher amounts elsewhere.
Where would that leave the standard of our competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back