Racing The Golden Eagle 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure there were ;) #noexcuses

Also LOL at you claiming Spirit of Valour as a top European sprinter - so good he started 20 and 30/1 in the Diamond Jubilee and July Cups respectively.
You mean the Diamond Jubilee that several Australian horses have won before incl. Merchant Navy that Spirit of Valor ran 2nd to in a Irish Group Sprint

And the July Cup ..... isn't that the race that
US Navy Flag & 10 Sovereigns won in the last 2 years only to come to Australia and be comprehensively trounced

As for SAL in HK he ran 21.5 for the last 400m unfortunately another world class sprinter in Beat The Clock who was 2 lengths in front of him at tthe 2 furlong post ran home in 21.55 ...... Not too many horses in the world can do that

Would love to see Battaash and Blue Point come to Oz but the Maktoums and Godolphin are pretty astute and know they would get burnt

But hey you know best your little Paris army has made that known :smile:

Thanks for the discussion and the laugh

We do produce world class milers, it's just we don't have one at the moment. Clapper still classifies on the OHR but is over the hill since autumn.

World class sprinters in not debatable.

Given all the top 5 milers in the world on OHR have started in Aus, hard to argue.

Not surprising with the European miler stocks at a generational nadir. I'd still back Circus Maximus to be straight to the top of the division if he moved here though.

I'd say so too but really our milers do stack up internationally, we have lost Montaigne to HK but he is probably the default in the world at the moment. Our talent pool gets spread between too many group 1 mile races and no major non-HCP events. So we get a false sense of how good/bad they are.

Then theres the fact we really haven't seen NH horses come down here and perform over much under a mile expect for that old warhorse at randwick who's name escapes me.

This will never happen and i'd be upset to see it change but if the Doncaster was WFA it would be the highest quality Australian race nearly every year and probably the best mile in the world but for now, good horses will avoid it unlike decades gone by, too good money elsewhere for easier.

I'd say so too but really our milers do stack up internationally, we have lost Montaigne to HK but he is probably the default in the world at the moment. Our talent pool gets spread between too many group 1 mile races and no major non-HCP events. So we get a false sense of how good/bad they are.

Then theres the fact we really haven't seen NH horses come down here and perform over much under a mile expect for that old warhorse at randwick who's name escapes me.

I don't think we can say either way as the top milers never clash so its all down to paper ratings.

This will never happen and i'd be upset to see it change but if the Doncaster was WFA it would be the highest quality Australian race nearly every year and probably the best mile in the world but for now, good horses will avoid it unlike decades gone by, too good money elsewhere for easier.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

The worst call in this thread and that's saying something

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1250m and under - Oceania by 4 lengths
1250 to 1400 slowly moving to equal
!401 to 1600.. equal to Europeans by 1 length
1601 t0 2000... Europeans and Japs by 3 50 5 lengths
2000 and over . Oceania embarrassingly bad .. would bet on Japanese in Japan Europeans in Europe but Japs in neutral countries cos Europeans soft utensil pussies who need rain

2000 and over . Oceania embarrassingly bad .. would bet on Japanese in Japan Europeans in Europe but Japs in neutral countries cos Europeans soft utensil pussies who need rain
On 1250m a few years ago yes definitely but our sprinting stocks not what they were when we were blessed with elite talent

Just on these new type of races, I think the Everest has hit the mark and Vlandys deserves credit. My main beef with this Golden Eagle is its timing and reason for being seems solely a parochial one. We don’t have depth of talent to be competing v states for horse appearances

Yeah this is pretty much how i feel. Gap is not that big and we have a large percentage of worlds top milers out of here. above 1600 we fade quickly if not already at 1500.

Yeah this is pretty much how i feel. Gap is not that big and we have a large percentage of worlds top milers out of here. above 1600 we fade quickly if not already at 1500.

Is this where I bring up Listed/G3 whipping boy Cheif Ironside winning the WFA Crystal Mile?

Must have missed the part where it was a group 1 worth big bucks. The only good horse targeting it opted to lead and get steam rolled in a Cox Plate on the day, same as the rest of the milers do.

It's basically a G1 mile field - who is missing besides TAS and Kolding?

Is this where I bring up Listed/G3 whipping boy Cheif Ironside winning the WFA Crystal Mile?

TAS, MJ, BHB, Hartnell, SOJ, AQ, Brutal, Gatting, Kolding, Clapper, Does Funstar go there at WFA? Flit? Exceedance? Pierata?

Sorry mate - but laughable if you think any of these would be competitive in a top line European mile race. And say AQ maybe - and only if she brains them tomorrow

Which is the stronger field? Golden Eagle or Cantala? Seems pretty close to me.

Massive tail on the Golden Eagle but I'm sure the few at the top of the market would be fave in the Cantala

You asked what is missing, literally everyone one of those horses are better than CI.

Not sure if you mean CM by CI but if you think it would be the kind of home bias I'd expect to see on Get On - truly horrendous comment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back