News Official 2020 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Fagan just used the absence drop in crowd numbers to demonstrate that our fans like the sunday twilight games. WTF. I go under sufferance, and that's used as the evidence that this is what I want?

The people on this board who have been saying for some time that an economic kick is the only thing that our club will understand are dead right.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fagan just used the absence drop in crowd numbers to demonstrate that our fans like the sunday twilight games. WTF. I go under sufferance, and that's used as the evidence that this is what I want?

The people on this board who have been saying for some time that an economic kick is the only thing that our club will understand are dead right.
Wait until next year Fages

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
4:10pm is the twilight spot. It'll be near dark by the end of the game, but it's not a full twilight game.

Doesn't matter what the time is, Sunday afternoon is s**t.

I think the club will quickly find out that we won't attend Sunday twilight games if we are complete s**t and don't appear to be headed in the right direction

Mar 12, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I don't really care about the draw.

We aren't going to make the finals and it will be a blessing if we don't for at least 2 or 3 years. All I want is for the young kids to get games and hone their skills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crowked

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 14, 2004
The other end of the foot bridge
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sydney 14
Melbourne 12
Kangaroos 12
Adelaide 11
Brisbane 11
Fremantle 11
Port 10
Bulldogs 9
West Coast 8
Richmond 6
St Kilda 5
Gold Coast 5
GWS 5
Carlton 2
Hawthorn 1

Essendon and Collingwood have been apologies for a number of years.
All AFL clubs should refuse to play at their sub standard dung heap. Football Park was a better stadium and that’s rubble now.

Sep 10, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings
Interesting reading this thread, and the fixture threads of other boards.

You need to accept that the AFL does not give a sh*t about anything other than profit. It is a corporate entertainment industry. There is no fairness. There is no integrity. The game is essentially fixed. The management and implementation of the competition, whether it's the rules or the fixtures or the broadcasts, is bordering on that of WWE.

I am still interested in my team, and I like "talking football", but even that is waning, and I have minimal interest in the AFL as a league. I used to be angry, but I'm not now. I barely care.

I am still interested in my team, and I like "talking football", but even that is waning, and I have minimal interest in the AFL as a league. I used to be angry, but I'm not now. I barely care.

I genuinely believe if I didnt bet on footy I would have lost interest a long time ago.

The game is purely a Victorian bias, the rest of the states are just spectators effectively. Its makes the Eagles flag in 2018 all the more special.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Nothing wrong with an AS fixture isn’t that right 1970crow Donkey Magoo

nothing too wrong. Will Donkey Magoo roll down again? I’ll make sure I get in early to buy the catered tickets this time. Sadly I missed the Spudmac defensive effort live last year. You’d think that a fan engaged club would reach out to probably its only 2 gold and foundation AFLW members in the town to see if they wanted to meet a player or 2. Instead I had to be a piss-wreck at the golf club with Donkey to catch a glimpse. I then had the pleasure of arguing via email with our idiotic finance dept and then the CFO about their need to pay our invoice despite us not having completed their form provided to us subsequent to delivery of services and to which no mention of was made prior. Basically we got, “thanks for the invoice, but we can’t pay until you fill out this form”. Excuse, “audit requirements“. My response was fundamentally, “bull*******s**t, you’ve got everything you need for audit purposes”. Then the CFO rolls in and leverages the, “public nature” of the club and the need to follow procedure. I tell him it’s too late for that because the services were ordered outside of their policy and already delivered and that being dragged to small claims court wouldn’t be a great look either. Eventually I relented and filled in their stupid supplier form, which our invoice answered every question of. But it told me that our club is full of idiots that can’t see their way out of a public service mentality.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
the AFL can SMD

This fixture is hideous.

Alice Springs, Shitmania, and that Geelong shithole. I'm shocked to be sitting here.

Champion data - 4th easiest. Polish that turd you ******* idiots.

Oh, and get f’ed Gill. Get f’ed AFL.

who cares, the worse the better. It won’t be a flag year, the lower we go, the better it is. As long as Mackay plays no more than 0 games.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
You've fallen into the VFL's trap - give them 3+ Geelong, then they'll be happy with 4+ Geelong in future years.

It's actually our joint 2nd worst ever tally of fixtures in Melbourne.
Yep, Melbourne and Hawks outside of Melbourne. I wonder how many other clubs play two games against Vic teams out of Melbourne?

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I genuinely believe if I didnt bet on footy I would have lost interest a long time ago.

The game is purely a Victorian bias, the rest of the states are just spectators effectively. Its makes the Eagles flag in 2018 all the more special.
The expansion of the league was the worst thing possible for the interstate clubs. It has been proven to be a total leg up for victorian clubs with a bunch of high end draft picks heading back to victoria after 2 to 3 years. Throw in free agency and McGuire and his cronies hijacking the competition by locking in the mcg and a victorian premier until 2057. Then the AFL further benefits victorian clubs in the long run by handing GC the best talent in the land for a further 2 to 3 years. A total sham of a comp. The NFL is where its at for me.

Back