Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Even if his calf's stand up from now on
Even if he gets selected by another team
Even if his off field issue's are now past him

There is no guarantee's he will ever become the player he promised to become after being out of the game for 4 years you would have to think that is too far gone for him to catch up and adapt to the pace with all thats gone bye

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What's a big return considering he has played 2 games in 4 years? 5 games in 2 years?

Now - probably a 25-30 goal a year, 15 disposal a game forward flanker. From 16-20 games. For context, this puts him In the ballpark of Miers, Castagna, Elliott level of forward. Essentially replacing Menzel in their line-up or Papley if he chases dollars.

Franklin, Reid, Blakey, Bennell, Hayward, Papley

Also got Ronke/McCartin if wanting a tall/Dawson potentially/resting mids (Heeney, Florent, Parker etc).
Not bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Americanpies

Club Legend
May 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Swans would be an ideal fit.

I disagree.

Sydney is rebuilding. He's really unknown as to what will happen with him, and why would they play an injury prone guy who has hardly played in the last 5 years in front of young up and comers. I think a team that is ready to contend now with a developed list is his best fit. This way, the pressure is off him because he is not the old head running around a bunch of teenagers having to lead.. He can concentrate on his return and not be focused on too much every game by the media.

You could argue that Sydney finished higher than Melbourne this year, but I believe Melbourne has the way more developed and ready to contend list of players. They should by all rights improve dramatically next year, and Bennell would be a good addition to a team in that zone. I personally hope the Pies have a go at getting him. He could bring in what Wells unfortunately couldn't.

But maybe even Hawthorn could be the best place for him too. They have a good record with reviving the careers of injury prone guys.

Private Hudson

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don’t think this guy is a risk at all. Put him on the rookie list, if it doesn’t work it costs nothing but if it does work you’ve got a jet.

Rob R

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don’t think this guy is a risk at all. Put him on the rookie list, if it doesn’t work it costs nothing but if it does work you’ve got a jet.
Costs a couple of hundred thousand in wages, medical costs, mgmt time etc. Nothing in recent years indicates he is worth risk at all.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

demoniac

Team Captain
Oct 14, 2003
Lovetown
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mighty Dees
Costs a couple of hundred thousand in wages, medical costs, mgmt time etc. Nothing in recent years indicates he is worth risk at all.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

His talent does. Talent always gets more chances. The cost you outline is minimal in context of Draft Assets and Contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back