Gold Coast SUNS guernsey discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't mind a mostly yellow/gold jumper

But paired with yellow socks & yellow shorts.. no thanks.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/ne...-for-gold-coast/2008/08/15/1218307237918.html

THE traditional jumper with stripes or a V-yoke might appeal to purists and romantics, but it does not appeal to the new Gold Coast team.

When the new team enters the AFL in 2011 it will do so in a modern, "sexy" jumper, not a traditional or old-fashioned one depending on your perspective, according to GC17 director Graeme Downie.

The consortium this week appointed a coach, yesterday advertised for a chief executive and currently has a handful of teenagers signed to play for it in the TAC and VFL over the next two years.

The club has yet to finalise a decision on its name or the colours it will carry, but has indicated the style of the jumpers will be modern.

"We will have a big announcement in a few weeks time. It is a long process," Downie said. "We want to get the logo and the colours right, and we are still working on those."

Blue and yellow, representing the sand and water of the famed Gold Coast beaches, might have been a favoured option for a Gold Coast side, but with West Coast already wearing these colours, and the local National Rugby League side, the Gold Coast Titans, also wearing blue and yellow, this would appear an unlikely choice.

"You don't want to follow them (the Titans), but there are plenty of options," Downie said.

"As for the style of the jumper, I don't think we will be coming up with a yoke or stripes. That's the old days.

"What we come up with will have a sexy feel about it without being ridiculous.

"Something more in keeping with the times. Collingwood's jumper is fantastic and it still works, but that is from a hundred years ago.

"The V that some clubs wear, Sydney wears, that is the same, and we would not go that way."

Of the newer teams to enter the AFL — Fremantle, Port Adelaide, Adelaide and West Coast — only Adelaide could be said to have chosen a traditional home jumper.

The others have all included multiple colours and slashes and swipes to varying degrees of success.

"There are a lot of factors to weigh up, commercial issues and the like, and we will have consultative groups, but really the best way to do it is to get a dozen fans in the room and sit them down and show them the options and say 'make your choice'," Downie said.
This didn't age well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i can live with the "GC" wordmark in the middle of our logo, maybe if it was blended in a bit like this?

HOME

AWAY

CLASH OPTION 1

CLASH OPTION 2

home guernsey
red on yellow = surf life saving flag

away guernsey
yellow on red = surf life saving outfit

clash guernseys
yellow = beach, blue = ocean/sky
beach-lifeguards.jpg

Pardon the intrusion.
I agree with a lot of posters in this thread that you guys need a new jumper for a new era.

I quite like the idea of a yellow sun in a red sky just dipping into the jumper.
Simple, effective and more in line with the traditional jumpers most clubs have reverted to in recent years.
Just thought I would share.

suns.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys, Anyone know if Hostplus is going to re-sign as our kit sponsor?
interesting user name hahah.
i think expiring contracts end tonight, so from tomorrow there may be quite a few announcements from clubs regarding sponsors. i would suggest in the next day or so we'd either announce they're extending or ending their sponsorship.

interesting user name hahah.
i think expiring contracts end tonight, so from tomorrow there may be quite a few announcements from clubs regarding sponsors. i would suggest in the next day or so we'd either announce they're extending or ending their sponsorship.

Cheers, would be a shame if they left. Would our ISC deal be announced tomorrow then aswell?

Pardon the intrusion.
I agree with a lot of posters in this thread that you guys need a new jumper for a new era.

I quite like the idea of a yellow sun in a red sky just dipping into the jumper.
Simple, effective and more in line with the traditional jumpers most clubs have reverted to in recent years.
Just thought I would share.

View attachment 772825
Add white between the yellow and the red? Can’t help but feel it looks like a bib for netball.

Cheers, would be a shame if they left. Would our ISC deal be announced tomorrow then aswell?
i'd suggest deals that are locked in could be announced today, but we've seen with the suns before that it takes us a little while to get sponsors. i'd suggest the guernsey manufacturer might be announced in the next few working days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back