News Official 2020 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope to see you guys back in the finals this year. We need a good South Australian team in the mix to even things up, and I've always had a soft spot for the crows.

You guys could be the feel good story of 2020

EDIT: Just keep your hands off Vozzo plz, thnx

Last edited:
nothing too wrong. Will Donkey Magoo roll down again? I’ll make sure I get in early to buy the catered tickets this time. Sadly I missed the Spudmac defensive effort live last year. You’d think that a fan engaged club would reach out to probably its only 2 gold and foundation AFLW members in the town to see if they wanted to meet a player or 2. Instead I had to be a piss-wreck at the golf club with Donkey to catch a glimpse. I then had the pleasure of arguing via email with our idiotic finance dept and then the CFO about their need to pay our invoice despite us not having completed their form provided to us subsequent to delivery of services and to which no mention of was made prior. Basically we got, “thanks for the invoice, but we can’t pay until you fill out this form”. Excuse, “audit requirements“. My response was fundamentally, “bull*******s**t, you’ve got everything you need for audit purposes”. Then the CFO rolls in and leverages the, “public nature” of the club and the need to follow procedure. I tell him it’s too late for that because the services were ordered outside of their policy and already delivered and that being dragged to small claims court wouldn’t be a great look either. Eventually I relented and filled in their stupid supplier form, which our invoice answered every question of. But it told me that our club is full of idiots that can’t see their way out of a public service mentality.
Look out. I did love the trip, it was only the game that was the problem.

nothing too wrong. Will Donkey Magoo roll down again? I’ll make sure I get in early to buy the catered tickets this time. Sadly I missed the Spudmac defensive effort live last year. You’d think that a fan engaged club would reach out to probably its only 2 gold and foundation AFLW members in the town to see if they wanted to meet a player or 2. Instead I had to be a piss-wreck at the golf club with Donkey to catch a glimpse. I then had the pleasure of arguing via email with our idiotic finance dept and then the CFO about their need to pay our invoice despite us not having completed their form provided to us subsequent to delivery of services and to which no mention of was made prior. Basically we got, “thanks for the invoice, but we can’t pay until you fill out this form”. Excuse, “audit requirements“. My response was fundamentally, “bull*******s**t, you’ve got everything you need for audit purposes”. Then the CFO rolls in and leverages the, “public nature” of the club and the need to follow procedure. I tell him it’s too late for that because the services were ordered outside of their policy and already delivered and that being dragged to small claims court wouldn’t be a great look either. Eventually I relented and filled in their stupid supplier form, which our invoice answered every question of. But it told me that our club is full of idiots that can’t see their way out of a public service mentality.
Made my eyes bleed that did.

I am still interested in my team, and I like "talking football", but even that is waning, and I have minimal interest in the AFL as a league. I used to be angry, but I'm not now. I barely care.

Yep. Other than finals or deathriding games, neutral games are a waste of time.

Hope to see you guys back in the finals this year. We need a good South Australian team in the mix to even things up, and I've always had a soft spot for the crows.

You guys could be the feel good story of 2020

EDIT: Just keep your hands off Vozzo plz, thnx

Hopefully the Eagles keep the bastards (Victorians) honest. Good luck in 2020 too.

Everyone wanted us to bottom out. A tough draw makes it more likely than not that we finish lower and now we're upset because we won't win many games? Why?
Wait till '' these kids are ****ed'' start getting typed

For mine if we manage the 11 wins I have us pencilled in for I will be over the moon

Happy to sit back and watch effort and development. Its the lack of effort we saw this year that killed any excitement I had

Feeling strangely optimistic despite having very low expectations for 2020. While the draw is a tough one, the early home games could set us up and we may surprise a few sides.

Hopefully we can refrain from reverting to selection policies of old, and as long as we play our kids - well, pressure builds diamonds and all that jazz.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite like the fixture (except for Geelong in Geelong in R23 ), may be in the minority but I don’t mind the Saturday twilight games. Worth heading up for the ANZAC day game given we’ve got a game at Marvel the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Interesting reading this thread, and the fixture threads of other boards.

You need to accept that the AFL does not give a sh*t about anything other than profit. It is a corporate entertainment industry. There is no fairness. There is no integrity. The game is essentially fixed. The management and implementation of the competition, whether it's the rules or the fixtures or the broadcasts, is bordering on that of WWE.

I am still interested in my team, and I like "talking football", but even that is waning, and I have minimal interest in the AFL as a league. I used to be angry, but I'm not now. I barely care.
Was at a strategy session with the consultants that helped frame AFCs brand and they explained that the crows were in the business of ‘ providing elite sport entertainment’. Says it all .... Getting hard to stay interested if that’s what it’s about.

Would be awesome to have an Eddie Chant, just hope we flog em still. Doubt we will even win tho to be honest

Really?

I might be a callous prick but why in god’s name do we want Eddie playing on our home deck in indigenous round?

No time for sentimentality, this is business, we are here to win games, end of story.

Take a moment to think if roles were reversed with any AFL club, do you honestly expect it would happen? Absolutely not.

Ruthless, successful clubs would not do it but given this is the AFC, what would one expect. Shows how soft we are as a club.

Wait till '' these kids are f’ed'' start getting typed

For mine if we manage the 11 wins I have us pencilled in for I will be over the moon

Happy to sit back and watch effort and development. Its the lack of effort we saw this year that killed any excitement I had
You will be an avid reader of the game day thread, I gather

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Quite like the fixture (except for Geelong in Geelong in R23 ), may be in the minority but I don’t mind the Saturday twilight games. Worth heading up for the ANZAC day game given we’ve got a game at Marvel the next day.

Jenkins will be dropped by then.

Really?

I might be a callous prick but why in god’s name do we want Eddie playing on our home deck in indigenous round?

No time for sentimentality, this is business, we are here to win games, end of story.

Take a moment to think if roles were reversed with any AFL club, do you honestly expect it would happen? Absolutely not.

Ruthless, successful clubs would not do it but given this is the AFC, what would one expect. Shows how soft we are as a club.

Do we really think Betts will contribute enough to be a regular in Carlton's team this year? I don't think he will play more than 8 games this year. Maybe Carlton get sentimental and make sure he's in the team for Round 10.

Yep Anzac/Saints combo is the go.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Do we really think Betts will contribute enough to be a regular in Carlton's team this year? I don't think he will play more than 8 games this year. Maybe Carlton get sentimental and make sure he's in the team for Round 10.
Of course he'll play, even if he's spent the season in the VFL...and you just know he'll kick five.

Of course he'll play, even if he's spent the season in the VFL...and you just know he'll kick five.
Yep, we’ll go down there needing a win to make the 8, Danger will get 35 poss and Jenkins kicks 6.

All too easy to predict!!

Yep, we’ll go down there needing a win to make the 8, Danger will get 35 poss and Jenkins kicks 6.

All too easy to predict!!
Every other year I’d agree with you but we aren’t getting close to the 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back