Wayne Campbell Set to Depart the Giants

TimmytheTiger

Team Captain
Jan 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond

Interested to hear some opinion on whether tiger heads think he did a good , bad or mediocre job. Any interest in bringing him home? Do we have a roll for him?

Chunky09

Premiership Player
Jul 8, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Never connected with Campbell as a player.
Any role from now I'd spew.
TBH when I watched him play (and I was a kid then), I thought he got a whole lot of possessions but never did anything with them.
Matty knights Paul Broderick and stewy maxfield we’re better players imo, not to mention freezer but he was cut down early unfortunately

May 1, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Lol thought this was a bigfooty in joke... but no...

Balme misses Monte Carlo
When Geelong football manager Neil Balme arrived at Etihad Stadium on Thursday morning for the final round of trade talks, he told the waiting media he was hoping some snacks had been put on for club staff. At the top of his wish list, he said, was a Monte Carlo biscuit. Alas when Balme emerged from talks a few hours later, he said he had to settle for a cup of chamomile tea.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond

Interested to hear some opinion on whether tiger heads think he did a good , bad or mediocre job. Any interest in bringing him home? Do we have a roll for him?
He’s held in a far higher regard within footy circles than some tiger punters give him credit for . I’d rather him than dan Richardson , he will bob up somewhere

CASEYS9420

Club Legend
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
TBH when I watched him play (and I was a kid then), I thought he got a whole lot of possessions but never did anything with them.
Matty knights Paul Broderick and stewy maxfield we’re better players imo, not to mention freezer but he was cut down early unfortunately
Its funny how some of us have the same memory, Knights was always my hero, Broderick, Nick Daffy, Gaspar, loved the 90/00's tiges but you're right about Campbell it's always been Meh! if his names mentioned.

TimmytheTiger

Team Captain
Jan 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Sorry, just to be clear no intention/desire/suggestion to replace the Monte Carlo master. Question was more about finding a different job for him.

Good luck to him wherever he goes. One thing I really detest is the disrespect some blokes like he and Chris Newman receive.
Long time servants through a s**t period of time for the club. As a player Campbell was a very good player and doesn’t deserve some of the s**t he cops, where a Townsend or a Pickett are heroes.
Wrong/Right place Wrong/Right time is all.

Back