Toast Congratulations Travis Boak 2019 John Cahill Medallist

Remove this Banner Ad

"I like to sip on a Red Bull during these sort of exercises as it helps me get the most out of each session 💪🏽 @redbullau"

What a time to be alive.

Good to see Dixon, Wines and Amon are there with him. Hopefully some of the professional attitude rubs off.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Dixon is there to bang Hollywood starlets, Wines to indulge in risky aquatic activities, and Amon to ask people if they know who Port Power are.

Every player should be there or doing similar elsewhere. This concept of time off for a professional athlete is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard.
A player has 8 - 12 years playing AFL, where peak performance not only maximises their pay whilst playing, but increases their ability to leverage off their playing career (whether in the media, coaching or just getting a door into any other public facing industry). Given this managers, if players themselves haven't figured it out, should be directing all their clients to do this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine if Boaky hadn't spent two years stuck on a half forward flank ;)

Only three of them haven't played in a Grand Final in that time, Love Boak, Clangerfield and Godlett (who would have got one if he stayed at Geelong)

None of this cry-baby talk about it being someone else's responsibility to make a player be the best he can be. Travis Boak takes it on himself and strives to be the best he can be whatever the circumstances.

None of this cry-baby talk about it being someone else's responsibility to make a player be the best he can be.

The AFL as a whole is like this. The percent of players who strive to be the absolute pinnacle of what they can be, pushing themselves to the highest level like a Lebron James or Roger Federer or Ash Barty is tiny. No one player in the AFL screams greatest or the pursuit of excellence. Well, no one except Sexy Boaky.

They're all work life balance, pseudo media careers and cafe lifestyles.

The AFL is so amateurish.

The AFL as a whole is like this. The percent of players who strive to be the absolute pinnacle of what they can be, pushing themselves to the highest level like a Lebron James or Roger Federer or Ash Barty is tiny. No one player in the AFL screams greatest or the pursuit of excellence. Well, no one except Sexy Boaky.

They're all work life balance, pseudo media careers and cafe lifestyles.

The AFL is so amateurish.
Ash Barty was only able to achieve the pinnacle when she got the work-life balance right for her.

She quit tennis at 16 because she was burned out, and almost never came back.

She doesn't play all the tournaments, and heads back bush whenever she can. She's lucky she's good enough to be able to do so. The poor mid range scrubs who need to play every tournament to maintain their ranking don't have that luxury.

I think the important point is that she doesn't claim alligator wrestling is necessary to her work life balance.

Ash Barty was only able to achieve the pinnacle when she got the work-life balance right for her.

She quit tennis at 16 because she was burned out, and almost never came back.

She doesn't play all the tournaments, and heads back bush whenever she can. She's lucky she's good enough to be able to do so. The poor mid range scrubs who need to play every tournament to maintain their ranking don't have that luxury.

I think the important point is that she doesn't claim alligator wrestling is necessary to her work life balance.
It wasn't just work/life balance with Ash, there was also the age factor for her. In her words "too much to soon." She must wasnt ready at 15 for tour life. What a modest girl, and what an amazing decision she made to take a break, allowed her to grow up first.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back