CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
Just saving this one for later, for if and when we bring in Langdon for pick #20, old mate is going to be very upset ...

And just to give this thread a bit of a kick along, this one has clearly slept through the last 5-10 trade periods, and thinks clubs actually have any control at all

I love how people think they will shop him around as if he has no say in it.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Worked at the Grand Final parade today. Overheard Richmond supporter saying in reference to Marlion Pickett: “He’s better than (Tim) Kelly. In the WAFL he taught Kelly everything he knows...”
Yeah * that campaigner. Bloke/love/it got no ******* idea

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
In

In his defence....

Well, on the flipside, must be nice to debut in a Grand Final against a bunch of traffic cones. They even came dressed for the part.

Norf just got the first wack of Karma for their death riding thread. The melts are precious over us having the 3rd easiest draw 2020. The comments on it and their draw thread a lovely. :)
Hopefully they have a chance to knock us out of finals in R23 but we win, finish 8th, and then win the flag from there leaving them with pick 19.

Cobwebs

Team Captain
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good god man! Provide some quotes!!!
It is only a short hop over, and unless you write something they will not know you are there. Far to many to bring here Plus I cannot get them to move. Doing something wrong. :)

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
It is only a short hop over, and unless you write something they will not know you are there. Far to many to bring here Plus I cannot get them to move. Doing something wrong. :)
Just copy the text, and come back to this thread and paste it between these - [ QUOTE] [ /QUOTE] (without the spaces)

Cobwebs

Team Captain
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
There is at least one sensible person on Norf's board. [hint] second quote.
People that are second guessing this deal are forgetting that Melbourne's football players are very bad at playing football.
Melbourne have a tough first 2 weeks - WC in Perth and then GWS in Melbourne off a 6 day break - but really opens up after that. Double ups against GC, Adelaide, St Kilda and Freo. Don’t think we’ll be getting pick 1 from them next year.
If all goes to plan (a very very very optimistic plan) in round 23 we will be consolidating our position on top of the ladder, while also picking up the first pick in the 2020 Draft. :)
Have them at 4 - 7 at the bye.

And losing the last 5.
I look at that and see the first number one pick in our club's proud history.
We get to play saints before they've gelled, Melbourne and Adelaide once they've given up, dogs and bombers twice, the MCG three times, no crazy interstate stretches AND we got the pies at marvel once again.

Yeah I was thinking Melbournes pick 2 and our own pick 18 after we show everyone up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobwebs

Team Captain
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Toddle off old boy and brush up on your barracking skills. You know, this sort of stuff.

"By jove that number 26 can play a bit can't he old chap?. What ho"
See you In Tassie when you have the top spot sown up and our number one draft pick. hahaha. Not gunna happen princess.

Toddle off old boy and brush up on your barracking skills. You know, this sort of stuff.

"By jove that number 26 can play a bit can't he old chap?. What ho"

Seems somebody has got their britches in a twist.

People that are second guessing this deal are forgetting that Melbourne's football players are very bad at playing football.

Good post mate, I agree.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
To be fair, that is all from a banter style thread. That’s what death riding threads are. Most of those comments weren’t made in earnest.

Sonny Bonds

Cancelled
Jul 21, 2019
Lytton
AFL Club
Melbourne
To be fair, that is all from a banter style thread. That’s what death riding threads are. Most of those comments weren’t made in earnest.
There is one North poster over on that banter thread that needs to lighten the * up. I'm sure you have seen him stinking it up on the main board and know who it is.

Back